Author Topic: Harry Potter and the half-blood Prince is out in the UK!  (Read 6316 times)

Lucy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Harry Potter and the half-blood Prince is out in the UK!
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:01:44 pm »
I'm suprised no one else has made a post about this...or have they and I just haven't noticed? If that is the case, I'm sorry! I've been in Romania doing mission work for 2 weeks so I'm not really up to date!

So has anyone read it yet? I haven't started it but have the bok now, so will do very soon!

Has it come out in the US? If not do you know when it will do?

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:03:47 pm »
Yeah it came out in the US on I think the 16th.  I'm no good with dates  :razz:

Lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 11:38:06 pm »
Ok that was the same as the UK then :roll:

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 06:12:09 am »
I finished it yesterday. It was really good!
Joe

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 06:30:28 am »
I finished it on the 16th.... I liked it a lot but still sad over the ending :(

Lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:16:55 pm »
I have only just caught up with sleep since getting back from Romania on Wednesday, so I'm starting Harry Potter now!

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 02:44:18 pm »
I read it.  A question:
Who still thinks Dumbledore is right and Snape is really good?  I don't think JK Rowling would just have Dumbledore be wrong about who he was loyal to the whole time.  There HAS to be more behind what Snape did.

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 03:02:59 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
I read it.  A question:
Who still thinks Dumbledore is right and Snape is really good?  I don't think JK Rowling would just have Dumbledore be wrong about who he was loyal to the whole time.  There HAS to be more behind what Snape did.

yea there def has to be more to it.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 06:44:19 pm »
I read it.  A question:

I don't know. I thought it was really brave of JK Rowling to kill off Dumbledore and I liked how she can do that. The ending was a little too angsty for me... I've read that some people think Dumbledore isn't dead, but I am sure he is. I think there's more to Dumbledore trusting Snape... but I think Snape is bad.
Joe

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 06:47:40 pm »
I think Harry will still be able to contact Dumbledore if he had to through the headmaster pictures

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 02:16:00 pm »
I think anything is possible...I definitely think that the locket Hocrux or however you spell it is that locket that they found while cleaning out Sirius's apartment in the 5th book...the one that they couldn't get open. Which can only lead me to believe that RAB is Regalus Black.

As for Snape...I don't know what to think. It's possible that Dumbledore knew about the Unbreakable Vow and was asking Snape to kill him, but at the same time Dumbledore kept going on to Harry about how he also makes mistakes and that his tend to be big ones. I think that if Snape really was double crossing Dumbledore then JKR did it only to show that, though a great wizard, Dumbledore is just a man with faults - his being that he puts complete trust in what others say.

And the romance in this book is INSANE. i love it :-P finally, Harry and Ginny together! and it's only a matter of time before Ron and Hermione swallow their pride and get together...woot!

I definitely liked this book. It gave a lot of information and still sets up suspense for the 7th book. i can't wait for the 7th to come out  now!

Vanity

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 11:17:33 am »
I read it.  A question:
I think Snape really has gone over to Voldemorts side, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was all an act, and he ends up helping Harry in the last book. No matter what, I'm pretty sure he's going to die in the ending, either as a traitor or right after he has clearned his name. We'll just have to wait and see :)

Stay crunchy, even in milk...
- Joss Whedon

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 08:55:06 am »
At first, I was so pissed at Snape  that I refused to listen to any theories that proved Snape to be good. But now I'm on my third rereading, and even on the second rereading I saw blatant clues that pointed us to the fact that Snape is still good. Either that, or Jo is really trying to trick us.
Anyways, I loved the romance in this book and I was rejoicing when Harry smelled that "flowery smell that he had smelled at the Burrow" in the love potion in Slughorn's first class, because I knew that it was Ginny. I have been waiting for those two to get together since SS.
Everytime I think about it I'm still really sad that Dumbledore died. He was funny, yet so powerful. I do think that Harry will be able to communicate with him in some form though.

GeNuInEwAnNaBe69

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 02:31:43 pm »
Ok, I have heard a ton of theories about Dumbledore, one is that he is not dead.  I had my doubts when, at the end, his portrait was hanging up but didn't say a word--unusual.  You also never see Dumbledore's body.  For all we know Dumbledore might've switched bodies with somebody.  Who really knows with Jo?

The other theory about Snape killing him only to bring up his end of the Unbreakable Vow is a little more plausable, but I am still in denial!  In this book Dumbledore was at his funniest and thus his most lovable.

But, he had to go so that Harry could fight off Voldy on his own, it is a sad but necessary thing.  

But, by far my favorite storyline, only because of the word "snogging" was Ron (WonWon) and Lavender, it reminded me of a taudry High School Romance.
"So just remember all you not-so-giant-squids out there, there is no such thing as a little squid, just little nets."
-Jon Stewart

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 03:07:03 pm »
I'm mad mad mad at JK! lol I still can't believe it!
I don't care bout the theories lol all I know is that she should never have done that! argh argh argh!