Author Topic: Will Vanessa make a comeback or remain as is?  (Read 15458 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Will Vanessa make a comeback or remain as is?
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:14:27 pm »
I was just wondering if you guys predict she'll have a big comeback song or if she will always just have a small tight knit fan base like she has now and remain just popular enough to make small albums............ I'm undecided.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:26:57 pm »
Vanessa got big because ATM appealed to everyone. It was catchy as hell. While I think her music has gotten better, it doesn't have the mass appeal it once had.

I don't think she'll be as big as she was. I think, however, there is room for her fanbase to grow some more.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 08:41:21 pm »
She has the talent to make a comeback.. but her record company has little faith in her.

I'd say she won't make a comeback, unless she is able to convince her record company to keep her around...

Amanda

Si_duffers!

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Simon_duffers@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 12:06:39 am »
I don't understand all this cos harmonium was perfection and I don't get how... just... grr!
You say we're too young but maybe you're too old to remember...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:49:56 am »
I think no one can predict the future for artists and especially in the music industry.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens! (of course, I want her to be successful again!)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 12:50:40 am »
Quote from: "Si_duffers!"
I don't understand all this cos harmonium was perfection and I don't get how... just... grr!

I know. Harmonium rocked.  But not everyone thinks the same thing, and not everyone knew she even had a 2nd album out!

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 12:55:00 am »
I showed my friends the new songs (they all don't like her that much) and afterwards they were all sitting behind there desks singing the melody of put your hands on me. If a song of her will have chances to give her THE comback i think put your hands on me would it be. The melody is realy going into every ear
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

maag

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 01:29:05 am »
I think she'll make the same music. ATM is just a commercial song -in my opinion-, and it was succeeded to start, because it leads you to continuing being her fan. Now she's got the audience she'll be able to make her own music, but in her case it didn't work -Or at least it is not obvious, was Harmonium released in Europe? If she was more succesful than before, twould be released.

Vanity

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 07:31:28 am »
I doubt she'll ever be as famous as she was, but I do think the new album wil be more popular then Harmonium. Harmonium's amazing, but it's dark and doesn't appeal to the mass, while the new songs are kind of a mix between BNN and Harmonium, and i think they'll do very well.

I just hope the record company's going to give the new album the attention, I know it will deserve :)

Stay crunchy, even in milk...
- Joss Whedon

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 08:12:01 am »
in the two years she made Harmonium she don't let someone know that shes existing but this time every one sees her on cribs and punked (even in germany) and we all remember her as the girl driving through new york with her piano and waiting for new stuff to hear. Now we know shes existing and working.
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 10:01:55 am »
I thought she was recording this next album w/ a different label?  Did I misunderstand?
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Pirate Song

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 01:23:47 pm »
Yeah, I totally thought she was with another label. I hope she is ....... Hopefully she'll get a lot more freedom.
*sigh* I seriously don't understand how nobody backed Harmonium!
I listen to many styles of music and many different artists, and I can honestly say that Harmonium is in my top 3 fav albums ever  :!:
You're cold. Maybe you just missed the sun.
You fall. Feeling like it's just begun.
So far. Keeping it together's been enough.
Look up. Rain is coming, looks like love.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Don't Call it a Comeback
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 03:01:32 pm »
Personally I feel that it has alot to do with promotion, Harmonium was barely promoted, but if we start now, we can definately give her a larger chance of a comeback-a song like ATM is hard to live down, but any possibility is possible right now, hopefully she either gets a better record comapany-or Interscope realizes her full potentially.  I pulling for a new co. though...Put Your Hands on Me would be a good single though, it's catchy, I think ATM's signature hook was the being part of it, that's what made it so popular...I even went to Hermosillo, Mexico, and they new the hook....funny...then again, I don't think Vanessa has reached such a low in her career that I she becomes popular again, it will be a "comeback" it's not like she is gone from the face of the Earth, alot people still know of her.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 03:02:02 pm »
I think she'll remain as is. I mean I want her to make a comeback just as much as you guys but I don't think she'll have another song like ATM. It's hard to make a good comeback these days, take it from a fan of another group that is trying to make one. I just don't think she will.. but hey, you never know!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 07:13:24 pm »
MTV is way too busy playing rap these days. They can't trouble themselves enough to give airtime to people who actually have talent.