Author Topic: Vanessa has written songs with the Matrix  (Read 13371 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Vanessa has written songs with the Matrix
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 08:04:48 am »
Agreed. John Shanks... Ashlee Simpson. *Shudders*

I'm actually glad to see Linda Perry producing Vanessa's album. At least, that's what she said in her last post on the o-board right? I'm not delussional am I?  :?
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 08:40:08 am »
Lol, yes Vanessa really did say that LP would be producing her album.

Um, if I had my say, I'd really prefer that Vanessa not work with the Matrix. She's so much better than that, you know? She doesn't need them. I just hope that if there are some Matrix songs on the new album, that they're not too icky poppy.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 09:22:03 am »
You guys are forgetting something. This is VANESSA we are talking about. If she wants to work with the Matrix, I trust her judgement. Besides, she makes music for HERSELF. We just happen to like it, too. So if she wants to work with John Shanks or the Matrix or Linda Perry or Britney Spears or WHOEVER, it is because she wants to and that's what's important.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 10:17:06 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
You guys are forgetting something. This is VANESSA we are talking about. If she wants to work with the Matrix, I trust her judgement. Besides, she makes music for HERSELF. We just happen to like it, too. So if she wants to work with John Shanks or the Matrix or Linda Perry or Britney Spears or WHOEVER, it is because she wants to and that's what's important.

Sorry, I don't agree with you.  The Matrix makes cookie-cutter pop, and while they are damn good at what they do, their songwriting leaves plenty to be desired.  

I doubt they have the talent or inspiration to come up with a song like "Annie", for example.  And I'm sure they would have loved to have written ATM.

If Vanessa feels that she must move in the Matrix direction, then that's what she'll do.  I'm sure she would succeed.  But then, I couldn't take her as seriously as before. :(

Dan/NS

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 11:52:55 am »
I thinjk the titles are sounding realy interesting, but is that a real thing or could that be a fault like Watch me shine or Along for the ride. I realy don't know. Sombody else, maybe?
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 12:51:10 pm »
along for the ride is Swindler
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 01:51:07 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I'm actually glad to see Linda Perry producing Vanessa's album. At least, that's what she said in her last post on the o-board right? I'm not delussional am I?  :?

John Shanks is an amazing producer.  You WILL see me working with him someday.  Mark my words.   :wink:  :lol:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 01:57:05 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

John Shanks is an amazing producer.  You WILL see me working with him someday.  Mark my words.   :wink:  :lol:

What do you find "amazing" about John Shanks versus other producers?

Dan/NS

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 03:38:06 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"

Dan/NS

Maybe it's not his producing abilities, but instead his songwriting that I appreciate.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 02:30:25 am »
is she now writing with john shanks or his he a part of the Matrix or why are we discussing about him?
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 06:30:00 am »

Dan/NS

Maybe it's not his producing abilities, but instead his songwriting that I appreciate.

I totally feel you, Shannon. I can write great lyrics, but I suck at melody and I'd KILL to write with John Shanks.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 06:31:39 am »

Sorry, I don't agree with you.  The Matrix makes cookie-cutter pop, and while they are damn good at what they do, their songwriting leaves plenty to be desired.  

I doubt they have the talent or inspiration to come up with a song like "Annie", for example.  And I'm sure they would have loved to have written ATM.

If Vanessa feels that she must move in the Matrix direction, then that's what she'll do.  I'm sure she would succeed.  But then, I couldn't take her as seriously as before. :(

Dan/NS

Well, I have faith in Vanessa. No one is perfect and sometimes they need help to come up with great stuff.
And as far as the inspiration and talent that went into Annie, Nessa meeting Victoria was the inspiration but she did not write the lyrics to that song. Or Who's To Say. Or White Houses. Or most of Private Radio. But you still take her seriously?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 08:00:46 am »
She didn't write the lyrics at all???

Harmonium

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 08:04:54 am »
Ehm, she co-wrote those songs with stephen...

Dan/NS

Well, I have faith in Vanessa. No one is perfect and sometimes they need help to come up with great stuff.
And as far as the inspiration and talent that went into Annie, Nessa meeting Victoria was the inspiration but she did not write the lyrics to that song. Or Who's To Say. Or White Houses. Or most of Private Radio. But you still take her seriously?

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Re: hm
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 09:10:03 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "Harmonium"
Every song on Harmonium is marked with the number 72XXXXXX and those three other songs is marked 75XXXXXX. They must be later recorded songs...

It's pretty consistent.  Look at the list, put in Work Number order:

5677702   Thousand Miles
6045247   Sway
6045248   Unsung
6084294   Ordinary Day
6116944   All I Ask
6116947   Paradise
6116949   Prince
6116950   Rinse
6116951   Superhero
6116953   Wanted
6125446   Pretty Baby
6127875   Twilight
6427072   Swindler
6445383   Greensleeves
6606719   Red Ditty
6790872   Fontvella
6835078   Dark Carnival
7205328   Afterglow
7205329   Private Radio
7205330   C'est La Vie
7205331   Half A Week Before The Winter
7205332   Papa
7205333   San Francisco
7205334   She Floats
7205335   Wreckage The
7205336   Annie
7205337   Who's To Say
7209017   White Houses
7532078   It's Now
7532079   Underneath
7532080   Summer Child

"A Thousand Miles" seems to stick out early, which is odd, but the list seems to go in almost perfect chronological order.  Mind you, perhaps not in order as they were written, but probably in the order in which they were submitted to BMI by Vanessa for licensing.  If this is true, it would certainly mean that "It's Now", "Underneath", and "Summer Child" are brand new, especially as the latest Work Number in the database as of today is 7705632, "That's How Close We Are" by One Twelve.

A Thousand Miles was written way way before the other stuff on BnN from what i know. So thats why its registered earlier.
"I'm all about the wordplay."