Author Topic: Recent Pictures Thread Part 3  (Read 341705 times)

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Recent Pictures Thread Part 3
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2006, 01:38:35 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
my new(ish) curly hair:

...please excuse the disgustingness. 95 degree weather + no air conditioning + the 6th floor + no air ventilation = me melting away.  :oops:

excellent choice of reading material.  Did you know they are making a movie of it?

yes indeed.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2006, 01:34:11 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Quote from: "divasteph"
http://www.livejournal.com/users/divasteph
if you wanna see the whole story...
 :wink:

Yeah, I've seen your LJ. I don't always read the whole thing but I read parts so I knew what happened.
Hope you're feeling better. ;)

Feeling a lot better
thank you!
xoxo

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:02 am »

just thought I'd update.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2006, 09:03:00 am »
Quote from: "Gina"

just thought I'd update.

Always cuter each time! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2006, 10:03:14 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

just thought I'd update.

Always cuter each time! ;)

Agreed! :D
Dustin

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2006, 05:05:18 pm »

just thought I'd update.

your hair looks really cute!
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2006, 08:59:55 am »
thanks guys.

thanks jessica... I actually need it cut again, I got highlights, about a month or so ago but the roots are already really growing out, I think I'm gonna go back to just brown for the fall.
Gina

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2006, 10:20:01 pm »
thanks guys.

thanks jessica... I actually need it cut again, I got highlights, about a month or so ago but the roots are already really growing out, I think I'm gonna go back to just brown for the fall.

i need to get mine cut too... i've tried to do those side bang things that you sort of have every time i get it cut but my hair just won't do it. i think i have a weird part line or something...

is your hair straightened? it looks so healthy..
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2006, 10:05:55 am »
I keep trying side bangs, but every time I get them done, it never turns out like I want.  I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow, so let's hope that I get what I want.  Any ideas?  And yeah, I straighten my hair a little bit, I also use some anti frizz serum which also helps with the shine.  I use a deep conditioner every couple of days too.  Realllllly helps.  But I know what you mean about side parts, I have a rough time getting mine to even do what it does, it's taken a lotta time, now it's trained to go the way it does but... I want to now train it to do something a bit different, haha we shall see.  I want more like... piecey side bangs, like... a bit more in my face.  If you really want side bangs though, it takes a while to train your hair usually, my stylist had me pin my bangs to the side like... at night time... also make sure when you're drying your hair that you're parting it when its wet and brushing it to the side you want it to part.  it's a pain... but my hair did it, I'm sure yours can too - just takes time. :wink:

ps- I want your curls.  I'd kill for my hair to do what yours does.  I need someone to teach me how to make my hair have some soft curls.  NEVER works.
Gina

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:41 am »
ps- I want your curls.  I'd kill for my hair to do what yours does.  I need someone to teach me how to make my hair have some soft curls.  NEVER works.

I agree - Jessica's hair is very nice! My hair's gotten over the shock of going from flat-ironed every day to curly, but it doesn't look half as nice as Jessica's.

And for soft curls, I think I've figured out which products work best - an anti frizz creme (I use Garnier Fructice), a styling control mousse (I use Dove) and then some kind of spray to lock in the curls (either Pantene Pro V flexible hold hairspray or John Frieda Perfect Curl spray - I think Pantene works best though, even though it smells horrible).

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2006, 10:46:04 am »
If your hair is at all naturally wavy, this is something you could do. When you take a shower, use a very moisturizing conditioner. Then, when you get out of the shower, use some sort of "molding" creme (lots of brands, different names that do the same sort of thing). Even a really good moisturizing/volumizing/mousse will work. Make sure you only use a very little bit when your hair is still WET or else it will look sticky when you are done. Ok, now blow dry your hair so that is less than damp, but not completely dried. If it's poofy, this doesn't really matter right now. Pile your hair on top of your head and twist it around into a tight coil. Put a hair band around it, but not one that is too elastic (or if it is, make sure that it won't leave crinkles). I do this a lot in the morning, leave it like this for about 30 minutes, sometimes longer or shorter depending on time, and my hair will be nice and wavy/curly when I take it down. You really have to be careful what you use to keep your hair up in the coil or you will have marks on your hair when you take it down. I find big clips or cottony headbands twisted around and around work well. If you want to set it for hours you could hairspray it lightly.

And one way to make sure your hair stays healthy is to be cognizant of your hair type and how often you chemically process it. My hair is kind of coarse and so it dries out if I dye it or highlight it too often. If you have really fine/smooth hair, it doesn't seem to be affected as much. I had a friend bleach her every few weeks for years and she never had frizz or split ends, it was always smooth. If I highlight my hair once a year I can tell it's a little bit angry with me even for that =D

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:17 am »
yeah curly hair tends to be a bit drier than straight or wavy hair. you actually shouldn't shampoo it everyday - at the very most, every other day - the natural oils in your hair are healthy and moisturize your hair.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2006, 02:52:01 am »
Someone rename this thread to "Hair tips" plz.  kthz.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2006, 05:13:55 am »
q
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2006, 06:16:24 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Hmm, sorry they're so large. Forgive me.

Oh, my precious bandwidth! :o

Ah, you're forgiven.  At least I'm on 1xRTT now. :razz:
Dustin