Author Topic: Sheet music for Vanessa Carlton songs.  (Read 241225 times)

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Sheet music for Vanessa Carlton songs.
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2006, 02:37:43 pm »
YAY maag!!! Ur the "shiznitt" of V sheet music! That's Crackalackin!!!!! Hey-ho! AND THANK YOU! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  U can nerver have tii many smileys!

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2006, 04:47:18 pm »
Thank you!

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2006, 06:14:04 pm »
Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Maag!!! It's so easy!!! I luv it
:D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2006, 04:07:22 am »
awesome! thanks a bunch.

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2006, 02:51:20 pm »
That's a change... V has never played in Db [or Bb Minor] Major before. I had a feeling she would play in that key sooner or later, b/c she's usually comfortable playing her songs in a certain key. [I've never officially played anything in Db [or Bb Minor], and I'm currently learning a song in that key for the first time, which is Alicia Keys' 'How Come You Don't Call Me'. I've tried to learn more than a year ago, but it just never worked out.] I'm just glad she's thrown in some spontanaity in that particular area. If V could do B w/ 5 sharps [or Cb/Ab Minor, w/ 7 sharps], she can do Db/Bb Minor w/ 5 flats [or C# Major, w/ 7 sharps] The only problem I have with this arrangement is that it's too simple. It's just me, but I like things that are more challenging better. Just had to throw that in.

Elicia

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2006, 04:04:57 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"
That's a change... V has never played in Db [or Bb Minor] Major before. I had a feeling she would play in that key sooner or later, b/c she's usually comfortable playing her songs in a certain key. [I've never officially played anything in Db [or Bb Minor], and I'm currently learning a song in that key for the first time, which is Alicia Keys' 'How Come You Don't Call Me'. I've tried to learn more than a year ago, but it just never worked out.] I'm just glad she's thrown in some spontanaity in that particular area. If V could do B w/ 5 sharps [or Cb/Ab Minor, w/ 7 sharps], she can do Db/Bb Minor w/ 5 flats [or C# Major, w/ 7 sharps] The only problem I have with this arrangement is that it's too simple. It's just me, but I like things that are more challenging better. Just had to throw that in.

Elicia

i can play "how come you don't call me" (FINALLY). it took me FOREVER to learn and in the end i just watched alicia's hands lol.

i love her "diary" piano too! it's beautiful.

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2006, 05:33:02 pm »
i can play "how come you don't call me" (FINALLY). it took me FOREVER to learn and in the end i just watched alicia's hands lol.

i love her "diary" piano too! it's beautiful.[/quote]

I'm doing pretty good w/ HCYDCM, but I'm still struggling w/ the end part of Diary [I transposed the arrangement back to its orignal key, Ab/G# minor]. I started playing it back in January after seeing a guy do it and figured if he could do it, then I could, too. I tried learning the song b/f then, but it didn't work out. I made the part in between my own.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2006, 06:09:14 pm »
I was learning her song You don't know my name.. but since I stop practicing for about 6 months.. I couldn't keep it going...

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2006, 09:45:15 pm »
I have some more good news; I'm just now figuring out the exact chords [and their notes] for Alicia Keys' 'If I Ain't Got You' after playing the song 'my' way for more than 1 year 1/2. [I've had the songbook since 2-3/05.] Since the arrangement in the song was pretty whack, I pretty much made the song my own by creating my own riffs and ignoring the chords. I've always wanted to play it like [or very similar] to AK, so I decided to sit down one night and figure out the chords to the song [by looking at the guitar chords; thank GOD for those, b/c I don't know what us novices would do w/o them]. I have and I wrote them down on a piece of paper. [I made a chart for all of AK's songs that are in G#/Ab Minor in the songbook b/c they'd been transposed; I hated that so I made the chart so it would be easier to transpose it back in the original key.] So far, I've learned half of 'Harlem's Nocturne', which is up to the fast arppeggio.

« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2006, 08:55:40 pm »
I looked through this entire thread for the sheet music to "White Houses," but the links were too old. Does anyone currently have it, and is willing to share it with me?

I already know how to play it in both B and C, especially after seeing that wonderful girl's instructional video on YouTube. But part of me thinks I'm playing it incorrectly, and I wanted the sheet music to really make sure I'm doing it right.

Thank you in advance. :)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2006, 05:15:30 am »
The girl does a very good instructional video of it, but she get a few parts wrong.

phu

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2006, 07:35:23 am »
Quote from: "Mercedes"
I looked through this entire thread for the sheet music to "White Houses," but the links were too old. Does anyone currently have it, and is willing to share it with me?

NESSAholics sheet music Index

« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2006, 10:57:59 am »
Wow, I love you man. THANK YOU. <3

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2007, 05:20:15 pm »
For a while I've been looking for the instrumental break to the verison of All I Ask w/ the orchestra arrangements and whatnot. But I was wondering was this accurate: [I'll convert these into links later on].

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/PyroX/All_I_ask_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/PyroX/All_I_ask_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/PyroX/All_I_ask_3.jpg
Bridge:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/PyroX/all_i_ask_bridge.jpg

http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=675

I also got to listening to 'Best Behavior' the other night and realized that there were many mistakes in the transcribsion. No wonder it was so hard for me to play the notes. Now I know why. But does anyone have the chords to the song?

Here's the link to the topic [and the more accurate version of BB]:

http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=900

All Is Well [audio clip, since I've lost the link to angelheart's website]

http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9042

Where The Streets Have No Name:

http://img129.echo.cx/img129/3817/streets7sb.jpg

Elicia