Author Topic: Five songs in two weeks...  (Read 7808 times)

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 07:57:32 pm »
I think that looking at the buzz the album is sorta already getting, it could be a big hit!  We really need to promote this one like mad!  She can really make a comeback, I mean look at Fiona Apple, if she can make a huge comeback-so can V!  I think 2006 is going to be the year for V!   :D

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Five songs in two weeks...
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 11:39:45 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Christina lost me after the first album, too, but, even without liking all of the songs she has produced, I can recognize the quality of the production.

THAT is why I'm pretty happy about Linda/VC.

I was with her through the first three albums, and I had such high hopes after hearing her cover of Etta James' "At Last", but then came "Lady Marmalade" and she just went off a cliff after that. :(
Dustin

Five songs in two weeks...
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2006, 04:50:15 pm »
I think Harmonium came out beautifully with Stephan Jenkins producing.  It seemed like he did everything he could to make the album sound how Vanessa imagined it.

I hope that Vanessa isn't trying to "rebound" from her commercial failure of Harmonium by focusing more on what she thinks fans want to hear rather than what would come from her gut without any alterior motives.

I have nothing against Linda Perry, but I hope that Vanessa is working with her because she thinks Linda brings her vision alive, and not because she thinks Linda can make her songs sound more radio friendly.

Vanessa definately never came across as the type that would sacrifice even a little bit of her vision or integrity for extra market appeal; however, I've seen much more shocking scenarios play out in the entertainment industry before.

"Private Radio" and "Carnival" are great songs, and I love them.  But, I don't want a whole VC album full of them.  Ten "She Floats" and one or two "Private Radio" style songs sounds good to me.