Author Topic: Promosquad-This Time  (Read 21555 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 04:54:32 pm »
Quote from: "saphire"
Not every song will sound like this version of this time. Hpefully it's the only song she has wrtitten with linda. remeber all is well. She didn't lost her style i believe

it's not the only song she's written with linda. we just don't know which songs are going to make the album yet. it's possible that none of the linda songs will make the album, though unlikely, at least with This Time. ANY of the songs we've heard could be cut from the album..

all is well.. now that's a song that screams nessa. it's amazing.
Samuel
(he/him)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 04:59:43 pm »
I really love this song, it just needs some sprucing up

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
producers
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2006, 05:47:42 pm »
Ordinaryday6 said:
it's not the only song she's written with linda. we just don't know which songs are going to make the album yet. it's possible that none of the linda songs will make the album, though unlikely, at least with This Time. ANY of the songs we've heard could be cut from the album..

So which songs did SJ produce and which did LP produce ?
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: producers
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2006, 07:29:41 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Ordinaryday6 said:

So which songs did SJ produce and which did LP produce ?

Linda produced (obviously) This Time, and two that you guys haven't heard: Spring Street and Wave Goodbye. Stephan is producing The One, Put Your Hands on Me, and Best Behaviour (those are the only 3 they worked on when we were in the studio with them). All is Well is the only one we don't know the producer for. There's talk of a third person producing, but I don't know if that's who did it. It didn't ring a bell for our friend, which means that it's possible that Stephan didn't produce it, but it was one of the songs that me and nat heard mixed at our friend's house. so, so far we've got 3 songs from each of them, and one we're not sure about.. there's half an album, but who knows if they'll actually be on the album. i really hope that This Time is the only Perry track, because Spring Street and Wave Goodbye are definitely not good enough for a nessa album, imo.
Samuel
(he/him)

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »
Sam, do you reckon All is Well could be single material? since you've heard it with the production and everything, just wondering what you thought.  Coz it could be one of those album tracks that's amazing but not radio-friendly enough. Or rather, would you want it to be a single?
hmm.
 :?

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2006, 09:58:58 pm »
i dunno.. sigh. i don't remember many details. i just remember loving the song and how it was produced. that's really all i can tell you.. other than that, i'm just as informed as you, single-wise.

i'm not sure.. but i'd say that out of the songs we've heard, PYHOM and Best Behaviour are the best choices for singles. but that's just my opinion.. i don't know.

i personally don't think all is well will be the single, but i could certainly be wrong. i don't think i'd want it to be one though. it's not.. i don't know. i can't explain it. it's my favorite new song, but i don't think it should be a single.
Samuel
(he/him)

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2006, 10:51:47 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
i don't think i'd want it to be one though. it's not.. i don't know. i can't explain it. it's my favorite new song, but i don't think it should be a single.

i know what you mean  :)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2006, 01:12:36 am »
I think Best Behavior would be a great single!
It's uptempo and catchy. That's all we need for a single! :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2006, 01:44:57 am »
I think Best Behavior would be a great single!
It's uptempo and catchy. That's all we need for a single!  

Yeah. But also, it gives the listener something to think about. It's an original spin on the break-up theme. I find it very interesting, especially the bridge. Those lyrics are simple, but very effective. The song really makes me feel what she's going through.

I do hope that the title doesn't change to "Only You"... that title makes it sound like a more generic pop song, whereas "Best Behavior" is intriguing.

:)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2006, 02:20:47 am »
i hope it doesn't either. i was thinking about that the other night.

but to quell your fears, hopefully, there was no ambiguity between Only You and Best Behaviour in the studio. it was definitely Best Behaviour.
Samuel
(he/him)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2006, 04:07:12 am »
Cool. I'm glad you have so much information.  It makes the waiting easier, lol. :D Thanks.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

musicnotex

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2006, 06:39:55 am »
thanks guys for all the info! esp for a newbie like me who doenst know as much...how do you guys get so much info?

anyway i think the promosquad version if this time isnt quite what i expected.. it has less piano that i thought it would have, and more drums and EQ...i guess its perry...i thought it bore similarities to christina aguilera's beautiful [that perry wrote too] but my sister said she preferred this version, so i guess we're even.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2006, 05:47:34 pm »
Quote from: "musicnotex"
how do you guys get so much info?

we're very cool, and very very lucky. :P
Samuel
(he/him)

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 12:19:02 am »
so .. uh .. an mp3 would be just sweet .. PLEASE AND THANKYOU :-)

Stupid server at work won't allow any file sending sites .. dumb restricted access .. just because I loaded a virus once dddduuuhhh!! ;-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 05:36:12 am »
Quote from: "HappyZen"
Stupid server at work won't allow any file sending sites .. dumb restricted access .. just because I loaded a virus once dddduuuhhh!! ;-)

ROFL
I feel you...
A lot of sites are blocked for me too at work (like Myspace, WTF!?). But I never loaded a virus though (given that we have cr*ppy McAfee here, I'm actually surprised by that! :mrgreen:)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic