Author Topic: so this time has to be the new single then right!!!!  (Read 8132 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Re: who cares?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 03:12:58 pm »
Quote from: "shinessobright"
we all just want a single...does it really matter what the single is? to me, it shouldn't matter...as long as it gets the nessa message across...

i personally don't think that this time as a single will get the nessa message across. no, i don't want her to just put out any single for the sake of it; just like i don't want her to just make any album. i want her to make an album that even if it doesn't see radio success, she can be proud of. harmonium may not have seen radio success, but i'm pretty sure she's damn proud of that album.
Samuel
(he/him)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: who cares?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 04:05:57 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
Quote from: "shinessobright"
we all just want a single...does it really matter what the single is? to me, it shouldn't matter...as long as it gets the nessa message across...

i personally don't think that this time as a single will get the nessa message across. no, i don't want her to just put out any single for the sake of it; just like i don't want her to just make any album. i want her to make an album that even if it doesn't see radio success, she can be proud of. harmonium may not have seen radio success, but i'm pretty sure she's damn proud of that album.

Exactly!

I want to see Vanessa succeed in this business of music. I don't want any old song just out there, and I'm sure she doesn't either (to the shinessobright person)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
so this time has to be the new single then right!!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 11:05:47 pm »
Yes, I agree. This Time is cool, but her other new songs appeal to me more. I think This Time isn't really representative of the Vanessa Carlton "experience", lol, even though it's a good song. I think All is Well is more representative of her, but as for whether it should be a single, I'm not really sure. I think Best Behavior might fare a little better commercially. Or PYHOM. It's so different, and the lyrics are so interesting, people might really take notice.  :D
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

musicnotex

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
^^^^
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 07:17:07 am »
yes i totally agree! on one hand we want V to suceed, and that means putting out a single that most people will like easily? but on the other hand, we don't want people to get the wrong impression that she's a pop princess or something..so the single has to be, like a balance of the two. thank goodness V is very versatile, so in terms of catchy songs we have a lot of choices! i'd nominate PYHOM, this time, best behaviour for singles, though i personally all is well is more 'typically' v's style (though i guess its hard to define 'typically' v, cos she has quite a few styles i think!)

vampires01

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: ^^^^
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 08:41:11 am »
Quote from: "musicnotex"
yes i totally agree! on one hand we want V to suceed, and that means putting out a single that most people will like easily? but on the other hand, we don't want people to get the wrong impression that she's a pop princess or something..so the single has to be, like a balance of the two. thank goodness V is very versatile, so in terms of catchy songs we have a lot of choices! i'd nominate PYHOM, this time, best behaviour for singles, though i personally all is well is more 'typically' v's style (though i guess its hard to define 'typically' v, cos she has quite a few styles i think!)

Honestly I don't think anybody who hears V's music would mistake her for a Britney Spears clone. Her lyrics and music are so much deeper than the majority of pop singers, but they're still somewhat catchy.

I think Put Your Hands On Me and Best Behaivor would have the most radio sucess. Though, personally, I like the idea of This Time being the new single.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
singles.....
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 01:54:10 pm »
Of the somgs that we've heard so far I think that there are 2 amazing singles choices, Best Behavior and PYHOM.... After that The One could have a lot of potential as the third single...... not sure if All is Well or This Time should be singles but who knows  :roll:  MAybe one of the songs that we haven't heard yet is going to be the lead single.... who knows.... I just really hope that V has 4 or 5 singles for this album :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »
Just because a sample of This Time was posted, doesn't mean it has to, or is going to be the new single.  And I damn well hope it's not. It's too...ew.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 09:20:43 pm »
Just because a sample of This Time was posted, doesn't mean it has to, or is going to be the new single. And I damn well hope it's not. It's too...ew.

LOL.  :)

I think The One would make a wonderful single; it's a really awesome song. However, I think if it were to be a single, it probably shouldn't be the first, just because it's a bit slower than BB ot PYHOM. I feel the same way about This Time, except I like The One much more than This Time.
-CONFUCIUS

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 11:55:21 pm »
I used to like This Time more than The One.  Now it's the reverse.  I'm so over This Time, especially since it's an LP song.  :?  Let's just hope that Vanessa's got other great songs up to the standard of BB, PYHOM and All is Well (my favourite) that we haven't heard yet.  :)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 05:33:09 pm »
you know what i hate?

having to listen to the recorded live version of all of the songs. Sometimes it gives me a head ache

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 11:44:12 pm »
Yeah. I love them, but the quality is not the best. THe sad thing is, that the low-quality, bootlegged live version of This Time is better than the studio-recorded one!!!!! LOL.
-CONFUCIUS

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: singles.....
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 04:20:51 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Maybe we haven't heard yet is going to be the lead single.... who knows.... I just really hope that V has 4 or 5 singles for this album :D

I agree!  :D