Author Topic: Does anybody else think that Coach handbags are hideous?  (Read 21902 times)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Does anybody else think that Coach handbags are hideous?
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 09:29:03 am »
Yeah.  I believe that.  You've got the IQ of the average small household pet.  You're materialistic, incapable of using correct punctuation or grammar, you're insecure and in need of constant reassurance.  I've yet to see an interesting, or original, thought come out of your head.

You're a bad cliche of everything that's wrong with your generation, and you've been repeatedly outclassed ITT by someone younger than you.

Now wakeup from your dreamworld, and try actually doing something with your life.  Because if you don't, you're gonna wakeup one day, dropped out of college, pregnant and living in a 1 bedroom apartment that smells like cat piss and weed wondering what your life might have been like if you'd just payed a little more attention to your parents.

Sorry if I don't discuss my philosophical views on this website. You are welcome to come to my book clubs every Thursday night, however.

My job: being a student. And I am a darn good one at that. I don't know why you keep telling me that I've done nothing with my life. What the hell did you do at the age of 16? Single handedly try to save Africa? Well, I think you failed.

My dog, who excels at grammar (and who's a wiz with semicolons) told me that "dreamworld" is two words. Also, my gerbil told me that the past participle of TO PAY is paid not "PAYED."  SO...GRAK-THAT

Even though you are technically older than me, I hardly consider you my elder. Why should I be taking worthy advice from a twenty-something? You need just as much, probably more, advice than I do.

I hope for the sake of mankind that you never reproduce.

<3 SAM!

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 10:23:38 am »
Yeah. I believe that. You've got the IQ of the average small household pet. You're materialistic, incapable of using correct punctuation or grammar, you're insecure and in need of constant reassurance. I've yet to see an interesting, or original, thought come out of your head.

You're a bad cliche of everything that's wrong with your generation, and you've been repeatedly outclassed ITT by someone younger than you.

Now wakeup from your dreamworld, and try actually doing something with your life. Because if you don't, you're gonna wakeup one day, dropped out of college, pregnant and living in a 1 bedroom apartment that smells like cat piss and weed wondering what your life might have been like if you'd just payed a little more attention to your parents.

OK. He's right:
1) You are indeed materialistic.
2) I have not seen you use correct punctuation or grammar until today.
3) You are indeed a bad cliche of everything wrong with our generation; two things that are wrong including the fact that we can't use correct grammar (rarely you'll find a person under eighteen who will) and the fact that we we can't seem to keep our hands off seven-hundred dollar Coach handbags and three-hundred dollar iPods instead of giving the money to people who actually need it.
4) 'Dreamworld' is a word: go here.
5) When did immaturity become synonymous with twenty-something? Or teenage, for that matter?

The only points of yours that are correct is that paid is the past participle of pay, as opposed to 'payed'. The only thing Grak got wrong other than that was that he was very ignorant to say that you don't pay attention to your parents. How dare he! Where else would you get your credit cards from!?

Much Love!
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 12:11:33 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
Sorry if I don't discuss my philosophical views on this website. You are welcome to come to my book clubs every Thursday night, however.

My job: being a student. And I am a darn good one at that. I don't know why you keep telling me that I've done nothing with my life. What the hell did you do at the age of 16? Single handedly try to save Africa? Well, I think you failed.

My dog, who excels at grammar (and who's a wiz with semicolons) told me that "dreamworld" is two words. Also, my gerbil told me that the past participle of TO PAY is paid not "PAYED."  SO...GRAK-THAT

Even though you are technically older than me, I hardly consider you my elder. Why should I be taking worthy advice from a twenty-something? You need just as much, probably more, advice than I do.

I hope for the sake of mankind that you never reproduce.

<3 SAM!

*sigh*

Thank you for proving my point.  Again.

It took all of two posts for me to know your entire life story, including every lie you were going to tell trying to defend yourself.  I could have practically written this response for you.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 12:12:48 pm »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"

OK. He's right:
1) You are indeed materialistic.
2) I have not seen you use correct punctuation or grammar until today.
3) You are indeed a bad cliche of everything wrong with our generation; two things that are wrong including the fact that we can't use correct grammar (rarely you'll find a person under eighteen who will) and the fact that we we can't seem to keep our hands off seven-hundred dollar Coach handbags and three-hundred dollar iPods instead of giving the money to people who actually need it.
4) 'Dreamworld' is a word: go here.
5) When did immaturity become synonymous with twenty-something? Or teenage, for that matter?

The only points of yours that are correct is that paid is the past participle of pay, as opposed to 'payed'. The only thing Grak got wrong other than that was that he was very ignorant to say that you don't pay attention to your parents. How dare he! Where else would you get your credit cards from!?

Much Love!

*hi-five*
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 02:06:23 pm »
Let's review, shall we?

1) I am sixteen-years-old and you are twenty-six.

2) In your eyes I am materialistic, ignorant, naïve, misanthropic, haughty, witless, narcissistic, selfish, insecure, clichéd, and not to mention just plain stupid.

3) Meanwhile, I think of you as aggressive, oppressive, troubled, irrational, hypocritical, imposing, and quite frankly annoying.

Now let's comment:

- The simple fact that you were born in the 1970's and are active on this website is pathetic in itself.
-  I also find it funny that you have enough free time to both post 3500 times and attempt to admonish my lifestyle incessantly.
- I may find some happiness in my material objects, but I do find greater joy in working hard, helping others, and spending time with my family and friends.
- Who are you to judge my intelligence? I am curious because the judges of the National Toshiba Exploravision Competition must've based their semi-finalist finishes on different criteria. I guess they thought I was smart enough! I assume they're wrong sometimes, I mean, who is the better judge: a group of members of the distinguished scientific community, or a 26-year-old application engineer on a female pop idol's fansite?
- I'd like to point out that every one of the adjectives I used to describe you above are also the ones I used to describe Hitler in my AP World History paper! Funny, eh?
- Anyway, I still am very curious about how you have the hubris to make me defend my lifestyle. Who in their right mind, besides yourself, of course, would give you the authority to dole out advice to every person that you deem to be "corrupt" or "misguided"? Personally, I think Dr. Phil would be very disappointed.

Well, I have to go shopping for alligator-skin boots (authentic, of course) and have like 2 fresh veal chops (you know what they say, binge and purge!  :lol: ).  Wait, maybe I should go kick some poor people and give them fashion advice! God knows they could use it!

Mwahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <3 <3<3 <3<3 <3<3 <3<3 <3

Luvz'ya'lots, <3 Sam

Oh and PS: Ryou-Neko, I strongly suggest that you withdraw from this "conflict" between us, we seriously don't need a 13-year-old peer mediator.

Thanxxxx Agggaain!

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2006, 02:39:15 pm »
- I'd like to point out that every one of the adjectives I used to describe you above are also the ones I used to describe Hitler in my AP World History paper! Funny, eh?

I hereby invoke Godwin's law. This discussion is over and you lose.

:owned:
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 05:55:28 pm »
Does Andrew really have so little of a social life to spend his time arguing with a 16 year old over how she chooses to spend her money? I think I smell a little bit of jealousy, here.

Does Andrew shed emo tears as he secretly wishes he could afford the latest trendy Coach bags?  :lol:
Starbuck is mai waifu

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 06:10:14 pm »
Finally, another voice of reason.

Jessica73: *High Five*

<3 Sam

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:55 pm »
MeganJane wrote:
But it doesn't matter if you're pregnant in a smelly 1-bedroom flat, if that smelly flat it happens to also be full of expensive handbags... lol

GRAKTHIS WROTE:
Well, I guess if that's how your prioritize your life, more power to you.

Lord Andrew, I was using sarcasm and actually agreeing with you on that particular point. (The point about teens who spend their parents' money on expensive bags etc., priding themselves not on the person they are and their achievements and dreams/goals, but on the acquisition of material goods.)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 06:26:18 am »
Quote from: "whitehouses"
3) Meanwhile, I think of you as aggressive, oppressive, troubled, irrational, hypocritical, imposing, and quite frankly annoying.

aggressive - check
oppressive - check
imposing - check

3 of 7 isn't bad, especially when you were trying to be insulting.

The simple fact that you were born in the 1970's and are active on this website is pathetic in itself.

*sigh*

I'll be sure to tell the admin staff you said that.  I'm sure they will love that you think we're all pathetic.

Maybe you're forgetting, that when ATM came out, I was 20.  You think people should stop being fans because they got older?

Quote from: "Whitehouses"
I also find it funny that you have enough free time to both post 3500 times and attempt to admonish my lifestyle incessantly.

You should probably do the math on how long I've been a member before you start down this road.  It really makes you look stupid.

I may find some happiness in my material objects, but I do find greater joy in working hard, helping others, and spending time with my family and friends.

Yeah.  I can tell you like helping others, by how much money your family spends on your coach bags.  I wonder, how many weeks rent for a single mom could those bags pay for?  How many meals?

Who are you to judge my intelligence? I am curious because the judges of the National Toshiba Exploravision Competition must've based their semi-finalist finishes on different criteria. I guess they thought I was smart enough! I assume they're wrong sometimes, I mean, who is the better judge: a group of members of the distinguished scientific community, or a 26-year-old application engineer on a female pop idol's fansite?

Yeah.  I'm smarter than you.  You know how I know I am?  Because only stupid people invoke test scores or competition performances as a measure of their intelligence.  The next step in you proving my point is to bust out PSAT or IQ score.  That's always my favorite.

I'm also smarter than the judges of the whateverthefuck that was you said up there.  You know how I know I am?  Because they are spending their time juding some sort of stupid competition instead of doing real work.  If you can't do, teach.  If you can't teach, be a critic.

- Anyway, I still am very curious about how you have the hubris to make me defend my lifestyle.

Because i am smarter and older than you.  It's my job to tell you how stupid you are.

I did it for Will when he was your age, and look how he turned out under my expert guidance <________________<

Edit: Also, you should put your thesaurus away.  When you suddenly start using big words, it makes you look like you're trying too hard.  Which just makes it even more pathetic.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2006, 06:27:58 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
MeganJane wrote:
But it doesn't matter if you're pregnant in a smelly 1-bedroom flat, if that smelly flat it happens to also be full of expensive handbags... lol

GRAKTHIS WROTE:
Well, I guess if that's how your prioritize your life, more power to you.

Lord Andrew, I was using sarcasm and actually agreeing with you on that particular point. (The point about teens who spend their parents' money on expensive bags etc., priding themselves not on the person they are and their achievements and dreams/goals, but on the acquisition of material goods.)

Pst.  I wasn't making fun of you.  I was making fun of Whitehouses.

---Andrew

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 07:04:28 am »
Dear God, what's wrong with you? You would have stopped ages ago if you had any sense? What's the point in arguing against two people who aren't going to agree with you?

Let's review, shall we?

1) I am sixteen-years-old and you are twenty-six.

2) In your eyes I am materialistic, ignorant, naïve, misanthropic, haughty, witless, narcissistic, selfish, insecure, clichéd, and not to mention just plain stupid.

Now let's comment:

- The simple fact that you were born in the 1970's and are active on this website is pathetic in itself.
-  I also find it funny that you have enough free time to both post 3500 times and attempt to admonish my lifestyle incessantly.
- I may find some happiness in my material objects, but I do find greater joy in working hard, helping others, and spending time with my family and friends.
- Who are you to judge my intelligence? I am curious because the judges of the National Toshiba Exploravision Competition must've based their semi-finalist finishes on different criteria. I guess they thought I was smart enough! I assume they're wrong sometimes, I mean, who is the better judge: a group of members of the distinguished scientific community, or a 26-year-old application engineer on a female pop idol's fansite?
- Anyway, I still am very curious about how you have the hubris to make me defend my lifestyle. Who in their right mind, besides yourself, of course, would give you the authority to dole out advice to every person that you deem to be "corrupt" or "misguided"? Personally, I think Dr. Phil would be very disappointed.

Well, I have to go shopping for alligator-skin boots (authentic, of course) and have like 2 fresh veal chops (you know what they say, binge and purge!  :lol: ).  Wait, maybe I should go kick some poor people and give them fashion advice! God knows they could use it!

Mwahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <3 <3<3 <3<3 <3<3 <3<3 <3

Luvz'ya'lots, <3 Sam

Oh and PS: Ryou-Neko, I strongly suggest that you withdraw from this "conflict" between us, we seriously don't need a 13-year-old peer mediator.

Thanxxxx Agggaain!

Comments are numbered, corresponding to yours:
1) Exactly. He's ten years older than you. And considering that you are one of the few ignorant people who think that youth is immaturity, you just gave us a whole new realm to piss you off in! <3
2) Not just in his eyes...
3) And we think of you as aggressive, oppressive, troubled, irrational, hypocritical, imposing, and quite frankly annoying, so we're on even ground there...

Now starting with the hyphens!
- Because he was born in the 1970s means that he can't like Vanessa? What's wrong with you?
- Once again, he's been on the website since 2002. That's four years. See, 2006-2002=4. Good job!
- Hence the whole "you have insulted my reason for existance.
- Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe a judge from your Toshiba competition was an Applications Engineer? But, congradulations, that's not an easy competition to get into.
- And I'm a Freshman and I'm taking AP World History. Yay for you! You used common adjectives in a paper!!!
- Honey, it's not just you! If someone else decides that they want to spend...I forgot how much. I dunno, who cares! It was somewhere in the thousands...on Coach purses, than we'd probably start bitching to them too.

Oh, and SAM!!!! Hey hunni! Do you wanna go compare waist sizes later!!!! OH MY GAWD![/color][/b]

Do you not understand everything I keep trying to say? Youth is not ignorance. And Coach purses should not be your reason for existence, considering how ugly and expensive and unnecessary they are. And I don't think you realize that I'm not trying to be a peer mediator at all. I'm trying to help one of you, not both of you.

<3 U ALL!!!!!! Mwah!
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

turnONtheSTARS456

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 06:34:49 pm »
As I was reading through this forum, I was all ready to respond to the actual topic.  But, I soon realized that this forum had instead turned towards how ignorant whitehouses is.

I'm going to have to agree with Ryou-Neko (cool sn) and Grakthis (another cool sn). I think Whitehouses needs something better to do with her time than try to defend her ignorance when she should be trying to fix it.  

And what's up with the "kick some poor people"?

In any case, I think Coach bags are for people who are more concerned with the status that comes with the bag than the actual look of it.
my heart,
           your hands,
                          gentle my friend
           break me neatly,
numb me sweetly

turnONtheSTARS456

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 06:35:24 pm »
my heart,
           your hands,
                          gentle my friend
           break me neatly,
numb me sweetly

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 06:41:40 pm »
In any case, I think Coach bags are for people who are more concerned with the status that comes with the bag than the actual look of it.

Well said.  :)
--------------------

Also, the saying: "It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open  your mouth and remove all doubt", comes to mind...
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON