Author Topic: which vanessa song is going to be a hit?  (Read 15249 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
well...
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 10:33:02 am »
it is kinda difficult to point out exactly which one will do well...i mean...being a nessaholic i think all her songs are amazin...

but lookin at it from the general public'c point of view,...i think she should release either the one or this time...

definitle one of em will do amazingly well...

though as someone said earlier...Pyhom (or should we start calling it Hom)
would attract attention...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
which vanessa song is going to be a hit?
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 07:30:30 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
i really hope this time isn't a single.

AGREED. that song somewhat irritates me.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 04:29:54 am »
Quote from: "bluebutterfly"

hmmm really? i mean when i first heard "This Time" on promosquad, i shed a tiny little tear on the corner of my eye... it just touched me in a way... or maybe i had allergies... :?:

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 06:28:46 am »
must be.. lol.

it's an okay song.. or, it was live. i really didn't like the promo squad version we heard. i don't like the way linda perry is producing. i'm biased towards stephan, but knowing that doesn't change the fact that i haven't liked 2 of the 3 songs i've heard that linda has, and i'm not into the third. and for a while i had trouble distinguishing this time from the one. This Time is The One, but not as good...
Samuel
(he/him)

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 06:37:31 am »
must be.. lol.

it's an okay song.. or, it was live. i really didn't like the promo squad version we heard. i don't like the way linda perry is producing. i'm biased towards stephan, but knowing that doesn't change the fact that i haven't liked 2 of the 3 songs i've heard that linda has, and i'm not into the third. and for a while i had trouble distinguishing this time from the one. This Time is The One, but not as good...

yeah i agree. this time and the one sound pretty much the same because of that same beat over and over again. what were the 2 songs that you heard that linda perry produced?

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 12:51:07 pm »
they're called Spring Street and Wave Goodbye. you can read about it here:

http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9145
Samuel
(he/him)

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 08:29:24 pm »
i'm biased towards stephan, but knowing that doesn't change the fact that i haven't liked 2 of the 3 songs i've heard that linda has, and i'm not into the third. and for a while i had trouble distinguishing this time from the one. This Time is The One, but not as good...

i thought stephan's production work on harmonium was perfection. absolute genius. lol and yeah i got a bit confused between The One, and This Time aswell. originally i didn't like The One, now it's the other way around...

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 05:33:07 am »
bluebutterfly wrote:
ordinaryday6 wrote:

It's not like it's BAD, it's just not GREAT. I find it kinda boring...
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 05:13:32 pm »
I dislike Perry's production on This Time, and based on what I've heard from other people, I'm not going to like any of the songs she produced for the next album.  I really wish Vanessa didn't decide to go with her.  She makes Vanessa's songs sound so...ordinary.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 08:29:22 am »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
She makes Vanessa's songs sound so...ordinary.

EXACTLY. vanessa's music might be poppy, but they're intelligent pop songs. linda perry makes these songs boring and predictable. i'm afraid that they're going to use a perry song as a single, because of her name, and because of the vanessa/stephan team doesn't really have a good track record on radio and with sales, even though they clearly write better songs. god i hope a perry song doesn't become a single. i'd be so pissed off.
Samuel
(he/him)

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 08:54:51 am »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"

EXACTLY. vanessa's music might be poppy, but they're intelligent pop songs. linda perry makes these songs boring and predictable. i'm afraid that they're going to use a perry song as a single, because of her name, and because of the vanessa/stephan team doesn't really have a good track record on radio and with sales, even though they clearly write better songs. god i hope a perry song doesn't become a single. i'd be so pissed off.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure they will use a Perry song as a single.  Stephan is able to be a catalyst to Vanessa's feelings and art; whereas, Perry zooms in so far on the catchy melodies that the impact of the actual music and lyrics is all but lost.  But, when you look at what type of music does the best in sales and on the charts, it is this more shallow stuff that Perry is so good at creating that has the most success.  Therefore, if Vanessa really wants to sell a bunch more albums this time around like she says, she's going to end up going with a Perry song because those are the songs that will likely get the best response from the average pop fan. :(

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 10:39:44 am »
Well let's pray for Put Your Hands on Me.

Perry is too mainstreem when she produces. Stephan doesnt go with the flow. He has his own way and it rocks.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 05:13:42 pm »
I'd rather to hear "This time" as a single than "put your hands on me" I dont like too much that song

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 01:52:10 am »
The first single is probably going to be a song we haven't heard yet.
I don't think V wants to release a new album with a song her fans already know. I'm pretty sure she wants to surprise us with something new! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 02:31:12 am »
...which could still be a Linda Perry-tainted track.

ordinaryday6 wrote:
abbottANDcostello wrote:

abbottANDcostello wrote:
I agree, but I'm pretty sure they will use a Perry song as a single. Stephan is able to be a catalyst to Vanessa's feelings and art; whereas, Perry zooms in so far on the catchy melodies that the impact of the actual music and lyrics is all but lost. But, when you look at what type of music does the best in sales and on the charts, it is this more shallow stuff that Perry is so good at creating that has the most success. Therefore, if Vanessa really wants to sell a bunch more albums this time around like she says, she's going to end up going with a Perry song because those are the songs that will likely get the best response from the average pop fan.

Isn't that sad? I hope that she doesn't lose her credibility, at least in our eyes. Well, at least to those of us who like her for her non-ATM tracks. I don't really care what people think of my musical tastes, as long as I enjoy it, but I still don't want people to be like, "What? You like Vanessa Carlton? I thought you didn't like that kind of music"... does anyone get what I mean? That forgettable mainstream pop stuff, that's "cool" for a couple of weeks and then forgotten?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON