Author Topic: IIT The Pope Was Right  (Read 13630 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
IIT The Pope Was Right
« on: September 20, 2006, 05:44:01 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/17/AR2006091700178.html

So yeah... the pope quotes a 14th century emperor in a speech where the emperor said that muhhammad brought "only evil and inhumman" things to the world... and the muslim faith, worldwide, proves the Byzantine emperor right by burning Catholic Churches, killing a nun and firing bullets and throwing maltoff cocktails at churches.

Way to show the Pope, muslims.  Way to show him, and the rest of the world, just how civil and respectful your faith is!  BRAVO!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:12:08 am »
I heard about this on the radio, and uhm.. uhoh.
:D

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:33:15 pm »
Ah yes good thing he quoted that, the predecessor of the 16th and 17th century, christianity, a truly peaceful religion as well.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 07:14:33 pm »
Muslims just get a bad reputation. They're no different than we are; they have just as many fundamentalists as Christianity does . . . we've perceived everything totally incorrectly. We've grown partial and, unfortunately, prejudice, and extremely stereotypical. As for Mohammed, no, he wasn't a great guy, but that's not to say that only Islam produces such people. The radicals today, killing nuns and blowing up churches, do they not have the same mentality as those - no more than fifty years ago - burning churches in "colored" areas? Secondly, for Benedict XVI to have read a post-Crusades document, quoting a CHRISTIAN EUROPEAN (shortly after THE CRUSADES) on MUSLIMS . . . terribly one-sided. It would be like the pope, five-hundred years from now, quoting a radically conservative Christian American fundamentalist on Muslims. Did people really expect no reaction? Not that it's justified, but more understood.

The only difference between them and us is 1) unconditional hospitality and mercy to everyone (they) encounter and 2) it's okay for us to wear shorts in public.

Just like our views on the middle-east . . . Go to a local Kroger (stereotypically, a Wal-Mart customer's response is too predictable), but go to Kroger and ask anyone what an Muslim is and I guarantee you they'll either say, "A crazy person," or, "We should be killing them" (ie some stupid shit).

Go to an authentic local bazaar, however many thousands of miles away it would be, and ask anyone what an American is. The response is the same.

If someone had verbally attacked the pope, he or she would not be seen again. I guarantee that. The public probably won't ever find out. But that offender would be gone.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 02:44:06 am »
Well we can't forget that the Catholic Church is the organization thas has committed the most and the worst crimes against humanity( I was raised catholic so I know a lot of these), so, as a religion, catholics can't really judge anyone, and there are some radical muslims doing stupid things right now, but the catholic churc has been doing worst things for 2000 years, so who is worst?, you can figure that out.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:05:00 am »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
Well we can't forget that the Catholic Church is the organization thas has committed the most and the worst crimes against humanity( I was raised catholic so I know a lot of these), so, as a religion, catholics can't really judge anyone, and there are some radical muslims doing stupid things right now, but the catholic churc has been doing worst things for 2000 years, so who is worst?, you can figure that out.

Yeah... we did all of those horrible things ONE THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

Muslims did them YESTERDAY.

Maybe there's a difference there?  Going out on a limb here.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:08:01 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"
Muslims just get a bad reputation. They're no different than we are; they have just as many fundamentalists as Christianity does . . . we've perceived everything totally incorrectly. We've grown partial and, unfortunately, prejudice, and extremely stereotypical. As for Mohammed, no, he wasn't a great guy, but that's not to say that only Islam produces such people. The radicals today, killing nuns and blowing up churches, do they not have the same mentality as those - no more than fifty years ago - burning churches in "colored" areas? Secondly, for Benedict XVI to have read a post-Crusades document, quoting a CHRISTIAN EUROPEAN (shortly after THE CRUSADES) on MUSLIMS . . . terribly one-sided. It would be like the pope, five-hundred years from now, quoting a radically conservative Christian American fundamentalist on Muslims. Did people really expect no reaction? Not that it's justified, but more understood.

Let me ask you a simple question: if a Muslim came out and said the Pope was the antichrist and all Catholics are going to hell, do you think Catholics world wide would riot, burn things and murder muslims?

Take it a step further: When representatives of the muslim faith (supposed religious leaders) repeatedly supported and encouraged acts of terrorism on US soil INCLUDING 9/11, how many times did westerners attack KILL AND SHOOT AND SET FIRE TO MUSLIM CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS?

---Andrew

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 11:39:10 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Yeah... we did all of those horrible things ONE THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

Muslims did them YESTERDAY.

Maybe there's a difference there?  Going out on a limb here.

It wasn't all a thousand years ago, did you see The Magdalene Sisters?, that movie is based on real life and that was still happening in the 1990's, or what about the pedofile priests that abuse little children and that the church protects, it still happens today, or what about the catholic church being the biggest and most powerful promotor of homophobia in the world, that also still happens. Unfortunally the pope is one of the most influential people in the world, and what he says will always be powerful no matter how stupid or wrong it is, so he should be careful with his words.

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 01:11:36 pm »
how many times did westerners attack KILL AND SHOOT AND SET FIRE TO MUSLIM CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS?

More than I can count. (Don't you know there's a war going on?) ;) And that's not even restricted to religious leaders! :) Raping fifteen-year-old girls after forcing her to watch you shoot every member of her family in the back of the head and then catching her house on fire . . . Shooting puppies for fun . . . Literally beating the shit out of men you THOUGHT were planting land mines . . . Raiding villages and killing eight civilians, including a ten-year-old boy . . . Shooting limbs off POWs for fun . . . Taking away their rights.

All for democracy?

No, the army's actions are justified. (WHY?) Because it's 'Merica.

Right?

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 02:08:25 pm »
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this... the Catholic Church, in particular, has seen it's fair (massive) share of corruption as well. I stopped believing in organized religion long ago and this is one of the main reasons. The only reason that Catholicism (and protestants too) is in large part past the true corruption at this point is because of the places that most Catholics live. They're pretty much in civilized society and people USUALLY don't take (and aren't forced to take) religion as seriously as they did centuries ago. Sure there are Christian fundamentalists, but the kind of corruption the church saw in the past is looked down on and condemned nowadays, so Christians don't normally kill each other and conquer places any longer. I'm not sure that Islam is any more corrupt of a religion at it's core, but I feel like maybe their followers just aren't as civilized and educated as most Christians now are. In a few hundred years I surely hope there will be less religious upheaval.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 03:05:36 pm »
Cece, I love you.
Nice to see you around here again. I don't really have anything to add to this, except I agree with what Cece has said, not Andrew (sorry, Grak).
Joe

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:03 pm »
how many times did westerners attack KILL AND SHOOT AND SET FIRE TO MUSLIM CHURCHES AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS?

More than I can count. (Don't you know there's a war going on?) ;) And that's not even restricted to religious leaders! :) Raping fifteen-year-old girls after forcing her to watch you shoot every member of her family in the back of the head and then catching her house on fire . . . Shooting puppies for fun . . . Literally beating the shit out of men you THOUGHT were planting land mines . . . Raiding villages and killing eight civilians, including a ten-year-old boy . . . Shooting limbs off POWs for fun . . . Taking away their rights.

Right?

It's so upsetting to see that kind of shit in the news, I totally loose faith in humanity and the future, what happened to human dignity?

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 06:52:54 am »
It wasn't all a thousand years ago, did you see The Magdalene Sisters?, that movie is based on real life and that was still happening in the 1990's, or what about the pedofile priests that abuse little children and that the church protects, it still happens today, or what about the catholic church being the biggest and most powerful promotor of homophobia in the world, that also still happens. Unfortunally the pope is one of the most influential people in the world, and what he says will always be powerful no matter how stupid or wrong it is, so he should be careful with his words.

Oh lord... are you really comparing a few priests who molested choir boys to a religion condoning mass murder?  Seriously?  None of those priests tried to argue that what they did was RIGHT afterwards.  They all knew it was wrong.  They were bad people.  The muslims argue and believe that the violent acts they commit are RIGHT AND JUST!

And the Catholic church does not promote homophobia.  The Catholic church says it's perfectly ok to be gay.  They accept and embrace gay people.  It's sex outside of marriage that the catholic church condems.  Which is the same standard they apply to every Catholic.

So if a gay person does not engage in sex, they are A-OK with the Catholic church.

Edit: And let's pretend that ANYTHING you are saying is relevant or true.... HOW DOES ANY OF THIS JUSTIFY THE FACT THAT THE MUSLIM RELIGION IS DOMONSTRABLY MADE UP OF MURDERERS, HATE MONGERS AND HYPOCRITES?!?

Does saying "lolz, the Catholics are just as bad" make what the Muslims do OK?!?

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 06:54:56 am »

All for democracy?

No, the army's actions are justified. (WHY?) Because it's 'Merica.

Right?

Proof?  Pictures?  News articles from a reliable source?

Stop making shit up, CeCe.  There is absolutly no basis for any of this.

Any killing of civilians is accidental casualties, and the US army isn't even involved in raids ATM.  Maybe you missed it, but security is the responsibility of the Iraqi army now.  We're there for support.

---Andrew

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
IIT The Pope Was Right
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 09:49:35 am »
What I really feel is interesting is the lack, to my knowledge, of any Muslim leader stepping up and denouncing 9/11.

Dan/NS