Author Topic: what is the most recent movie u saw?  (Read 312053 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
what is the most recent movie u saw?
« Reply #1305 on: January 07, 2009, 08:02:56 pm »
Clerks - Was my copy from netflix the only one in black and white?! I sent it back!

The Wackness - Mediocre, Josh Peck is yummy but other than that I felt like falling asleep.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1306 on: January 08, 2009, 12:35:55 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
is Milk worth it?

I liked it. All movies that are based on true stories are interesting to me and I get obsessed with finding out more. It's timing was interesting with it and prop 8. Like, I don't think I even learned about this from back then. The "Twinkie Defense" yes.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 08, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
^my friend said that as well...i dont get the point of having movies drag on like that...i saw Australia with Nicole Kidman a few weeks ago and it was long too, and it didnt need to be that long, me and my friend walked out cause of the length

I agree - I almost never go see a movie that's incredibly long.  

Last night I saw Valkyrie & thought it was really interesting.  Really good.  And only 2 hours - yay!  haha

Oh I saw Valkyrie, I though that was pretty good. It was sad though... :?

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #1308 on: January 11, 2009, 09:34:22 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
Clerks - Was my copy from netflix the only one in black and white?! I sent it back!

No, Clerks is supposed to be in black and white. I might suggest using a black and white TV to watch it because lack and white always loks better on black and white.  I never did like watching black and white shows on a color TV because of the little colored lines around the edges of objects on the screen.

And the last movie I saw was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  I really liked the movie, and I didn't see its length as a problem.  Movies are expensive, and I don't feel sufficiently entertained after only 75 minutes anyway.  We're talking about seeing it again when/if it comes to the smaller theater nearby.
Dustin

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 23, 2009, 11:40:44 am »
Ghost Town, man this movie was FUNNY. "Doctor Pink Ass" Highly recommend it!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 23, 2009, 06:32:53 pm »
I recently saw The Orphanage, a spanish film from '07.  It's a ghost story except not a typical one. There's some suspenseful jolting scenes in it, the filming is beautiful and lush, and the acting is great. It's about two parents who lose thier son mysteriously, supposedly by kidnapping, but it seems the kidnappers aren't human... There's a lot more to the story as well. The ending is happy and horribly sad at the same time. If you don't mind films with subtitles (and are fast enough to read them), i recommend it. 5/5 $9 at wal*mart!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: what is the most recent movie u saw?
« Reply #1311 on: March 19, 2009, 12:30:08 pm »
Last movie I saw *not a brand new one* was running with Scissors and Memento. I took a film class 1st semester and those two were films that students did their final project on. I was interested and watched them. I love them. I think I liked Running with Scissors a tad more. EVerything about it is just great. the acting is perfect.  ;D

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #1312 on: March 22, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »
Gran Torino

If Clint Eastwood is only remembered for 3 films in his career it will be Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby & Gran Torino. Brilliant original screen
play that is perfectly suited to Clint, and there is a great moral message in the film for the youth of today. Worthy of a place in any must
see films of the year list  :o Its the kind of film you can recommend to you parents as easily as to your friends. More films like this please!

Peace

Aaron

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #1313 on: March 23, 2009, 04:25:08 am »
Last week I saw The Reader, Bolt, and Changeling...liked them all.  Esp. Bolt - it was adorable, lol.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 20, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »
The Constant Gardener

I watched this lastnight on DVD, and dispite an error with the disc which rendered scene 13 unviewable (we
spent ½ an hour trying to get it to play that part of the film), this is possibly the most memorable film I have
ever seen made from a JLC novel. A timely reminder of the plight of Africa in the face of AIDS and TB issues

Peace

Aaron

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 01, 2009, 09:16:05 am »
its kinda old but the original buffy the vampire slayer.
i like classic vampires. not that twilight popular shit that people are obsessing over

vanessa_fan3369

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 13, 2009, 04:18:25 am »
ooh, don't bash my Twilight! haha, nah it's fine. Twilight is really stupid and overrated... but I admit... I'm in love with it!

I saw "The Haunting of Connecticut" or whatever it was.... it scared me, all the "dead" people with the carved stuff in their skin... almost peed myself. haha! the ending sucked. too cinematic in my opinion.
Check out my artist page : www.myspace.com/toddgotwalt

Nessaholista

« Reply #1317 on: July 14, 2009, 09:00:01 am »
Watchmen Director's Cut

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 14, 2009, 08:02:12 pm »
HP6 (aka Harry Potter & The Half-blood Prince) opens today. If I can kick what seems to be a bout of H1N1 I've been
suffering for the last three days, it would make a good distraction... where's a spell to cast out ills when you need it?

http://www.geocities.com/fullmoon_magic/spells.html

Peace

Aaron

Nessaholista

« Reply #1319 on: July 15, 2009, 08:51:41 am »
HP6 (aka Harry Potter & The Half-blood Prince) opens today. If I can kick what seems to be a bout of H1N1 I've been
suffering for the last three days, it would make a good distraction... where's a spell to cast out ills when you need it?

http://www.geocities.com/fullmoon_magic/spells.html

Peace

Aaron

I want to see HP6 in IMAX Theather ;)