Author Topic: what is the most recent movie u saw?  (Read 331397 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
what is the most recent movie u saw?
« Reply #1290 on: August 25, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »
i saw mirrors in the theaters a few days ago. i laughed and it was supposed to be scary.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:37 pm »
mysterious skin, HIGHLY recommend it. :)

other movies that are a must: Lie with me and My blueberry nights.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #1292 on: October 24, 2008, 09:33:11 pm »
I went to see Saw V tonight. It was pretty good.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 26, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »
I watched Interview With A Vampire! I  know its old but it happened to be on On Demand!

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 03, 2008, 02:38:29 pm »
Last movie I SAW: Hard Candy. Cool horror/drama that really wasn't that scary, but pretty neat. Great acting.

Most notable recent move I saw: Hansel & Gretel, a subtitled Korean horror/fantasy/surreal film I found on watch-movies.net. For like 60% of the movie I kept thinking how can this end and really make up for its weirdness, but it was good. There are kids in it that were just awesome actors, alot better than most of the American child stars. I'd recommend it if you are into weird movies.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 03, 2008, 02:39:33 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i saw mirrors in the theaters a few days ago. i laughed and it was supposed to be scary.

Yeah, that movie is pretty awful. Good thing I pirated it and didn't waste my money.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 03, 2008, 02:44:19 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
The Happening. I semi liked the movie but as it went on I liked it less. Plus the ending just killed it. The ending was just horrible. Never going to watch that one again. After Signs, M. whatever his name is *its way to long and I don't know how to spell it* he's just gone down hill. The Village, The lady in the water, and Now this one. He's just lost his touch.

Idk why but I really, really liked Lady in the Water. But I love almost anything that has a literary tone, to be honest. I heard so many horrible things about it I expected it to be laugh out loud awful and I thought it was really cool. Again, I like weirdness. But Paul Giametti's (sp) character was so good, I felt so bad for him... he is good in everything though, one of my fav actors. What I didn't like was M Night casting himself as the revolutionary save the world role. Aside from that I liked it, but that I guess is a huge pitfall given the plot of the movie, haha.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 03, 2009, 02:40:40 am »
The Duchess - It reminded me somewhat of Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst. I enjoyed it, I just felt bad for Georgiana because women in those times did not have many options or happiness.

The Babysitters - Excellent! I was expecting an erotic mess of a film. I liked the plot, casting, and the overall acting throughout the film.

Little Miss Sunshine - Good, had no idea it was taped here in Redondo Beach. I'm definitely a Greg Kinnear admirer, I like his choice of roles! He never disappoints, Toni Collette and Alan Arkin did a great job as well.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

shinesobright07

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 03, 2009, 10:03:08 am »
Marley & Me
 Oh, I recommend this! It has a rollercoaster of emotions, including good laughs, feeling the stress of the characters and tear-jerking moments. It was interesing all the way through, and it's interesting to see a whole journey.. go see it!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 03, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
I saw Yes Man it was pretty funny. I thought it was not going to be worth it, but it pulled through. I also just recently saw Shakespeare in Love. I saw it in my film class and had to watch it again. I love it sooooo much!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 04, 2009, 11:50:26 am »
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Ok, Im not going to lie... BOREING! Im sorry but its almost 3 hours of boreing.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 04, 2009, 08:28:36 pm »
^my friend said that as well...i dont get the point of having movies drag on like that...i saw Australia with Nicole Kidman a few weeks ago and it was long too, and it didnt need to be that long, me and my friend walked out cause of the length

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #1302 on: January 04, 2009, 11:08:55 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
^my friend said that as well...i dont get the point of having movies drag on like that...i saw Australia with Nicole Kidman a few weeks ago and it was long too, and it didnt need to be that long, me and my friend walked out cause of the length

I agree - I almost never go see a movie that's incredibly long.  

Last night I saw Valkyrie & thought it was really interesting.  Really good.  And only 2 hours - yay!  haha
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1303 on: January 05, 2009, 02:22:47 am »
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Milk
7 Pounds
Gran Torino
Revolutionary Road

Out of all of those I would have to say I enjoyed Gran Torino the most.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:14 pm »
is Milk worth it?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.