Author Topic: Irv Gotti's post on the o-board...  (Read 10414 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Irv Gotti's post on the o-board...
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:38:22 pm »
This is sooo cool....check it out...link
Hey everyone. This is Irv Gotti. The president of The Inc Records (formerly Murder Inc Records) home of Ja Rule, Ashanti, my young R&B singer Lloyd and now Vanessa Carlton. This is the 1st time I have ever posted a message or anything like that on a website. I did not even tell V I was gonna do this. I wanted to surprise her. Hahahahahaha. But I wanted to because I believe this is the site that really broke the story of me and V teaming up. I believe V posted something on here letting you guys know she signed with me. So I decided to let my V family here something from me, since I don't know how much you may know about me or my company. I just want everyone to know that I believe V is 1 of the most talented singer/songwriters I have ever met in my life. And I can assure everyone here. Her album sounds incredible and for the 1st time in my professional career. I am totally trusting my artist to deliver her vision. I am gonna be the CO Pilot on this one. And I am usually a Dictator with my acts. Thats how much I believe in our V. If your wondering how me and V came together, stay tuned to MTV. I think they will be doing a news piece on us shortly. Because basically everyone is pretty much interested in how we came together. Which is a beautiful thing. You want everyone wanting to know about whats going on with V. I will say this. And I am not an over the top religious person. But GOD brought us together. :) Funny thing also is after she completely blew me away with her singing and playing that Piano in Doug Morris's office. I went to my top A&R person in the world. The one I talk to the most about artist, to see if there HOT or not. My 14 year old daughter Angie. hahahahaha. Who told me V was off the chain. And knew all her music and was saying, daddy you have to sign her. hahahah. Well bye for now. I just wanted to let you guys know. I am just like you in believing in V. She totally has me caught in her MAGIC! And I will be doing everything humanly possibly to make the world see exactly what we see. That V is the SHITTTTTTTTTT! Talk to you guys again soon. Love Irv

and then Nessa confirming its him...link
the post from irv gotti inc is the real thing!! he didn't tell me he was gonna do this. just want u guys 2 know, that is an authentic post. i'm such a lucky chick 2 have someone like irv. what kind of label head takes the time 2 post on an artist's website. awwwww
v
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:14:11 pm »
I thought it was really nice of him... and reassuring to know that vanessa is not going to have her music suffer any interference.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 04:48:35 pm »
^^^ for real.... seems like everythings going good  :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:45:05 pm »
He has terrible grammar!!   :?
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 06:49:30 pm »
yeah that was really nice.

things are looking good. 8)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 06:53:15 pm »
that's SO awesome! I'm even more excited about this album now. I like how IRV calls her music magic.  Just finished watching that David Blaine episode of South Park...

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 07:30:51 pm »
Sweet! Thanks for posting the news.... I am so excited!!! :)  :D  :D
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:55:51 pm »
If they can throw the same kind of weight promotion-wise behind V that they did for Ashanti and Ja Rule, I don't think she has too much to worry about. It is kind of cool that Irv posted though, lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 08:09:02 pm »
It's a statement that he even posted.  Anyone at A&M, or even Ron Fair, ever post?  Nope.

As I've said before, it's in his interesest to blow up VC.  After he proves he can make it happen, he can sign anyone and make more money than God with anyone.

I think VC caught a wave.  Any A&R person that heard "Private Radio" and didn't hear Massive Radio Hit deserves to be wherever he is(probably selling used cars).

Betcha Irv was all over that track and wondered "wtf is A&M doing?"

Dan/NS

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:50:17 pm »
Definitely agreed Dan.

Sadly, as much as I don't like Ja Rule and how he was shoved down the throat of anyone who even thought about the television/radio back in the early 2000's (although my stance on this has softened over the years, lol), I have a lot of faith in Irv as a producer and promoter.

I am glad to hear he isn't going to meddle too much with Vanessa's music, and I think the fact this is Irv's chance to get his name back in the game bodes well for V because that is all the more reason for them to put a lot of money behind her. Re-selling her to radio will be the most difficult part, and that is where good promotion will definitely come in handy. From the way they pimped Ja, Ashanti, and even Lloyd, I'm not worried.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 01:08:27 am »
It sounds relly cool. It seems that he does not want to change Nessa and just wantt to yupport her MAGIC. Sounds cool. my doubts in the new Album went away. i'm so lucky that everything seems to go well
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 02:48:49 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
He has terrible grammar!!   :?

rotf, exactly what i was thinking.

but GO V :D

Sheree

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/yougetme
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:19:36 pm »
That's fantastic, I'm mega impressed that he's taken the time to sign up and reassure the fans, that's not something you see every day.  
However... If the British media latch onto the fact he's calling Nessa 'the sh*t' folks won't be buying the album, but I'm guessing that's new American for 'very good'? haha

~Just a day just an Ordinary Day~

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
And We Can Breathe
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 02:31:59 pm »
I have alot of respect for Irv now, that just wows me.  I trust she is in really good hands now, a huge wave of relief just came over me...

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 02:52:50 pm »
Quote from: "Sheree"
That's fantastic, I'm mega impressed that he's taken the time to sign up and reassure the fans, that's not something you see every day.  
However... If the British media latch onto the fact he's calling Nessa 'the sh*t' folks won't be buying the album, but I'm guessing that's new American for 'very good'? haha

Lol, "the shit" has been used for years. Us British folk know what it mean ;)