Author Topic: maintenance  (Read 9380 times)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
maintenance
« on: November 01, 2006, 09:06:03 pm »
I don't know what's going on but all nessa websites seem to have stopped, vc-net, vc.info, nh.
 :( things here need some maintenance,so that new fans (and old too)don't think this is not updated or not THE best place for v fans.

1.The news section (!) , there is so much going on with vanessa,irv, the inc,new song,new shows, and the news haven't been updated since february.I mean, there are news from 2004 at the bottom of the main page, so it gives a feeling that nothing significant has happened in the last couple of years.the board is important, but the website is too.

2.Here in the boards there are sticked threads that should have been unsticked ages ago. and maybe some new sticked threads created, like one to talk about the inc/irv gotti and all things related to that.or threads like the downloads thread that imo, needs to be unsticked ,locked and a brand new one created, since the last one has mostly expired links for its first 100 pages.it's not anything major, just some quick routine cleaning.

3.new layouts(like I've said before), they are not just esthetic, they could make this place look fresh and revigorated. Most fan forums have new layouts for halloween and other holidays or things like that.This is one of the only fanforums that still have the standard phpBB installed board style. :oops:

Maybe there could be teams in charge of different things. Like some people in charge of everyday updating the news sections, so it's not all up to one person.

I know everyone has busy lives, I know no1 lives for this website, but it would be nice to see like something is being done. Right now it feels like the board is sustaining itself through the members posts,but members can't update much, unstick and change the website,so ....I don't know, what do you think? :oops:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
maintenance
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:19:50 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

1) news section. I will try to get some stuff on there about Irv, the Inc, etc. soon.

2) Live shows. Same deal.

Other stuff really isn't my jurisdiction to rule with an iron fist, but we will discuss and get on it.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »
I agree... the main page, which seems to have last been updated in February, looks dead-- especially to a new fan. Nessaholics are mentioned a lot outside of these boards. Obviously on the oboard, but also on other websites, in the news sometimes, and often when vanessa is talking about her fans she uses the word nessaholics.  I think it's best that this site be maintained to attract new fans, keep new fans, and keep old ones too. Especially with this new album coming out and all the hype that's beginning to surround it, it only makes sense to have a fansite that is inshape and up to date. But personally, I don't really care.  :)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
maintenance
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 08:13:11 pm »
I updated the news section, tour section (on site & on MB), lyrics section, and updated other musicians anthology.

As for news, anything else you'd want to see on there I may have missed (I don't really think the Zales thing is that big of news to be on the news page, IMO, and we don't have lyrics for House so talking about it on the news page is fairly moot at this point).
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 08:21:12 pm »
what about news about her and Irv?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
maintenance
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 08:23:31 pm »
I linked the MTV article and also put a blurb on there about Vanessa signing with Irv @ The Inc.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 09:16:05 pm »
thank you B :D

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
Good ideas Clarice and nice work from B!
It's nice to see new stuff ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 03:20:10 am »
Quote from: "B"
I linked the MTV article and also put a blurb on there about Vanessa signing with Irv @ The Inc.

Oh boy I really do read over these things too fast! Yep, didn't see that. Anywho, thanks so much for putting you time into this. pretty cool.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 08:32:18 pm »
one more thing B. The FAQ needs updates too.

Stuff about Vanessa

How old is Vanessa?
26. Her birthday is 8/16/80.

Where is she from?
Milford, Pennsylvania That's Milford with an L. If you start nonsense about it being Mitford with a T, we are liable to beat you over the head repeatedly with blunt objects.

Where'd she go to high school?
NYC.

Did Vanessa really do ballet?
Yep, and she was really good.

Was that a nose piercing I saw?
Yeah, it was.

Wow, Vanessa is so pretty! What exactly is her ethnicity?
She is half Russian and half Scandinavian.

Will you date/marry me Vanessa?
I'm gonna go with NO.

Is Vanessa dating Stephan Jenkins?
Yes. It has been confirmed by many sources, including Vanessa herself. That said, explicit discussion of their relationship is unacceptable (and I'm quoting Vanessa on this one): "being that I expose so much of myself in my music, and happily do so, I only hope that there can be parts of my life that I still keep as my own." So let's all simma down now, simma down.

When is she going back to school?
When she feels like it, maybe never.

Stuff about Vanessa's music

Does Vanessa write her own songs?
Yep! 10 of the 11 songs on Be not Nobody are originals. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards wrote the other (Paint It Black). For Harmonium, Vanessa wrote 7 of the 11 songs solo and co-wrote 4 with Stephan Jenkins.

What about "Where The Streets Have No Name"?
That is a U2 cover, Bono wrote it.

Does she play piano on her albums?
For sure! She's been playing since she was two.

What are her CD's titled?
Be not Nobody and Harmonium.

Are they good?
Duh...BnN got her 3 Grammy nominations.

Are Be not Nobody and Harmonium available internationally?
Yep! BnN is availible now, and Harmonium is availible in most countries.

I'm from the States, where can I get Vanessa's CD's?
Your friendly neighborhood Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy or other random record store.

Where can I get all the unreleased/rare Vanessa songs?
Use this thread to ask for whatever song you are looking for. Don't make new threads. Eventually you'll find someone to send the songs to you.

Can I talk about the rare songs?
Sure, but if there is anyone asking for them, the thread will be immediately locked and the matter is not up for discussion.

What's the next single?
We don't know yet. When we know, you will too.

When is Vanessa coming to my town?
Check here.

Where can I get the sheet music for Vanessa's songs?
Musicnotes.com.
SheetMusicDirect.com
It's cheap. Buy it. They have all of Be not Nobody and Harmonium.

What's Vanessa's record label?
The Inc.

that's all I think :oops: , tricia could make some funny qyestions about "is vanessa becoming a rapper" or other things like that, since I've heard that a lot since the inc thing hehe. :lol:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
maintenance
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
Done, and done.

I had to throw a few things in there to amuse myself as well.  :wink:

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 11:27:46 pm »
Quote from: "B"
Done, and done.

I had to throw a few things in there to amuse myself as well.  :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  yea, I'd forgotten about the "v" question and the irv "affair" :P :razz:

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
maintenance
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 01:24:19 pm »
Yeah it's not easy, aside from Gen I run j-mayer.org and it takes up most of my time, I still want a co-web!! *cries*

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 01:47:43 pm »
^a co-web for gen or j-may?

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
maintenance