Author Topic: Alexa Ray Joel (Billy Joel's daughter)  (Read 9719 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Alexa Ray Joel (Billy Joel's daughter)
« on: March 03, 2007, 04:41:48 pm »
I heard about her on ET or Extra, one of those entertainment shows & thought i'd check out her music since it's piano driven (of course.. she's Billy Joel's daughter lol) & its pretty good. She seems like a sweet girl too.

Here's her official myspace: http://www.myspace.com/alexarayjoel

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:16:29 am »
I read an article about her and checked out her Myspace and I wasn't too terribly impressed. If my memory's correct, then she's not that un-attractive.....

Just checked her Myspace. She's dec, depending on the picture. Still not digging the music, though.
Joe

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:19:35 am »
I liked All My Days with just a bass, sounded really nice. I think maybe she has a little more to improve as a songwriter, but I enjoyed her music.

her EP cover is so cute.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 01:43:52 pm »
Yeah I agree, she has to improve a little bit. I think her music is fun though  :)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:40:42 pm »
that's one ugly chick
she looks like her dad way to much

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 08:51:58 pm »
Yeah she does look like her Dad a lot, but wow I wouldn't call her ugly at all. If you think she's ugly, I'd hate to know what you would think of me.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:47 am »
I think she just has really big eyes 8O , but I don't think she's ugly.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Billy Joel's Poopy Daughter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:19:32 am »
I don't like her voice at all....She does need a lot of work, and she has a weird face....that's a shame. Yeah, she's not very good....too BAD for her.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:59 pm »
quote from her blog she just posted.. thought it was ironic cuz of what a couple people said here

She also was kind enough to put a bad picture of me up, even though she had loads of better ones to chose from on wire-image.  As I looked under the review and scrolled down, there was a whole page of bloggers talking about how ugly I am.  I was really in shock, and I guess I still am!  I've never been called ugly before--and MAN IT HURTS!!! I feel like I just got punched in the gut.  It's so ironic, because my whole life I've been aware of how vicious the media can be, and how people love to tear apart public figures, but I guess it never really hit me that it could happen to me! I know it sounds silly, but I've had such support and kind words said about me everytime I looked myself up online, but I guess it was inevitable that there had to be some "trashing" along the way.  I've got to toughen up and not let it get to me, but I guess my feelings are hurt.  I just don't understand why people get such a high out of calling someone ugly--

Obviously shes not used to comments like that & she does have to toughen up, but I just felt like sharing it here cuz it really made me sad to hear her so angry like that. The whole blog was pretty much venting.. but im glad someone can be honest like that. I love that she stuck up for herself.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 03:05:20 pm »
She also was kind enough to put a bad picture of me up, even though she had loads of better ones to chose from on wire-image.  As I looked under the review and scrolled down, there was a whole page of bloggers talking about how ugly I am.  I was really in shock, and I guess I still am! I've never been called ugly before--and MAN IT HURTS!!! I feel like I just got punched in the gut.  It's so ironic, because my whole life I've been aware of how vicious the media can be, and how people love to tear apart public figures, but I guess it never really hit me that it could happen to me! I know it sounds silly, but I've had such support and kind words said about me everytime I looked myself up online, but I guess it was inevitable that there had to be some "trashing" along the way.  I've got to toughen up and not let it get to me, but I guess my feelings are hurt.  I just don't understand why people get such a high out of calling someone ugly--

aww...poor thing! Life must be so hard for her. Living off her her father's fortune and trying, but failing miserably, to make a name for herself must be tough. She's been coddled in her private world of mega wealthy people, and now that she has entered the real world, she was called UGLY! UGLY! OH NO! HOW DARE WE VOICE OUR OPINIONS!  :roll:

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 03:08:11 pm »
^Wow.  

I'm with Laura.  It sucks to be called ugly - no matter who you are.

Why are people so fucking MEAN?!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 03:58:34 pm »
I ask myself that question everyday Shannon.

I dont care who they are either, it does suck to be called ugly. She's trying to make a name for herself & not be compared to her father & shes just frustrated about everything. At least she's trying to be something, writing her own music & not just living off her parents.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:04:32 pm »
I read her blog.People are mean on the internet because they can hide behind nicknames and blogs, but I doubt any of them would say those rude things right to her face, specially since most would of them would be called ugly as well according to their own standards of beauty.

about reviews....It is normal for artists and most professionals in all areas to get tough criticism and it's good that she is learning that, at some point of her carrer she would have to.She needs to realize that the more famous she gets, the more will she have to deal with those types of reviews. :roll:

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 08:38:50 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"
I read her blog.People are mean on the internet because they can hide behind nicknames and blogs, but I doubt any of them would say those rude things right to her face, specially since most would of them would be called ugly as well according to their own standards of beauty.

I agree 100%

& omg I just found out she's playing in Hollywood the day before my birthday but you have to be 21 to get in.. & i'll be 21 the day after haha

i doubt she would get a chance to read it, but im gonna try sending her a message seeing if theres anyway she can get me in cuz i got all excited. ONE freakin day before my 21st birthday lol so not fair

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 08:27:10 am »
I'm sure you will be able to get in there.