Author Topic: Writings - Poetry  (Read 6126 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2003, 07:26:40 pm »
i usally don't write poems unless i'm really inspired, and even then i don't like a lot of it, because for some reason i think my writing is not as mature as it could be, but I just figured I'd wing it, you guys are worth it!  This one's called "Puzzle"

"Puzzle"

Here I sit
Head in my hands
I don't know what to do.
Six days ago
how was i supposed to know
that I could fall for you?

Here I sit
my mind in pieces
mirroring the image of my heart.
7 years or 6 days,
how long will it take
to make sense of your ways?

Here I sit
caught between real and sublime,
I want all this to be mine.
I can have you
If you'll have me
but the lines make it hard to see.

So here I sit,
thinking of you
head in my hands,
i don't know what to do.
This feeling I have,
what could it be?
What do all these pieces mean?

There I was,
head in my hands
trying hard to understand.
Just when I thought
this had all been solved
that one piece was missing,
it left when you said "good-bye"
not "so long."

~Nikki
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2003, 07:45:21 am »
please start using this thread again for poetry - because the rest of the creative endevor topic is filling up and it sucks to sift through all the poetry here - you guys are talented but can't we put it all in this one thread.... it's more organized that way and then we have a little complilation thread of everyone's poems...

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 08:33:03 am »
This free verse, if it orks for you guys.

School kids are shooting up their schools, while their parents are off by themselves. When we all know all we want is attention. And attention apparenly can't be given and it never will be given. Regression is what the world has fallen into. Looking back at the wrongs our ancestors have done, not even considering what will become of us, the youth, in time. Our biggest fear is falling, and since Pontius washed his hands of that act of salvation, all we've done is fall. I saw rappers and goths on TV today, explaining what they think the world means . . . lyrically. Telling us about past relationships, religiously related prisons, and even the press - Hell, according to some. The fearful mothers, "protecting" their own children and what's to become of Earth. Hypocritical parents saying theyknow what's right and what's wrong for their children. If that's so true, I never want to see a chid in public again. Today's society, full of gays, and killers, and . . . us. We shouldn't listen to what-should-be-censored music, and we shouldn't watch violent television, when the answer really is get rid of mankind. We, being human, refuse to see our fault or faults. Even when we become what we do. We've never looked back at all the chances we've let pass, or the wrongs we've done to one another. I want to be equal. For once in my life, I want to be known as the German-English-French-Norweigian-Indian-Swedish-American, rather than "the white girl." I want to be looked at as the "narrow-minded, Catholic girl," not just the white girl. "I am what I am . . ." And that's what society's come to. But, I know when to shut up. And we can all unite sometime. I believe our world will someday become one. But what are we to do when we're all just a bunch of Catholic girls who just want a cup of coffee and a chance to move to New York?

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 11:31:37 am »
two new poems i wrote this week ---

both untitled....

1.______
Plump, like a pumpkin...
sick of people tryin to transform me

I'm not a carriage...
can't take you on a trip

I'm no Cinderella story...
I can be who I want to be

Don't hold my down with your fairytales...
I make my own destiny

2.______
I get lost in your words...
I melt on your tongue like chocolate

You take me away...
to another world

My head spins around...
and I start to feel dizzy

I can't touch the ground...
now, that I know I can soar

your eyes...
I get lost in your eyes...
I run for miles in your eyes, your eyes

your eyes are like oceans...
I feel myself swimming

the current is strong...
the water is high

If you can fold me up...
I'll fit in your pocket

my journey is long...
but, I'll go for a ride

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 11:51:26 am »
aww Steph! i love it

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 12:04:53 pm »
thanks alex -(there are actually 2 of them - so i am not sure which one you meant - but thanks - i like them too- they were important enough to me - that i posted them!)

xoxo

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Writings - Poetry
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 06:07:52 pm »
I've searched and searched and researched and everything I've done, I've done for one person. You just ignore me - Or I don't understand your way of speaking. And I seem stupid, but fate kills me each time you speak to me and the pull of confusion rips us apart, until there's nothing but pieces of Argument together for you and me to become Us. The thin threads of Relation and Want seep into me and burn my heart like it lay in the midst of the consequence of lightning's strike. Strike one . . . Strike two . . . Strike three . . . And I'm out. I'm out of Hope for all time to come for us to become something. And when you call my name, your voice pierces my memory and my eardrum like a sword forced into the flesh of a spiritually reborn soldier. Venting only results in keeping thoughts in the open and we're raped of all Privacy. The vaccination for this contageous disease we call Love is unknown. Though my porcelain heart remains broken, tattered, and cracked; however it will never fully perish so I am stuck to die with an impaired heart - A heart which stops beating every moment your eyes reflect off mine and I know, from then on, you are the epitome of of my infinite torture and my constant finite breathing. After hours of restless fearing of losing you, I rest and imagine your eyes which serve as a mirror to mine; your voice which pierces my every nerve; and my having of you. Though this dream drastically changes and in nightmares, I see your face light up like a ghost burning in visibility. But it darkens like your shadow, crawling behind me and I want to pierce your memory so like you've mine . . . Though I awaken to the blade of Realization, damaging my soul.

babyblue43402

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bethlehem07
    • View Profile
hmmm i dont' know which one to put in
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2003, 09:13:57 pm »
i have quite a few well most are songs but here's a poem i wrote this summer.....

Brother

There are things I just cannot understand.
How love and hate are compromised
How life and death are not important.

Then I think of the little one.
He was so small, full of joy, so innocent.
He’s gone.
He had such an impact to those who knew him.

To think if He was alive...
I cannot comprehend.
The lives he would have touched.
 The trails he would have gone through.
The wisdom he would have learned.
The life he would have lived.
This world is so twisted.