Author Topic: Vanessa's official online team  (Read 27448 times)

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Vanessa's official online team
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 10:02:13 am »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
Isn't NESSAholics copyrighted? Can't katia/Joe/whoever runs the site do something about it?

That's what I was thinking. It seems kinda unfair that they can just steal it :?

Oh well...*joins anyway*
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 10:03:51 am »
^yeah, I joined that, but stealing the name....not cool :?  :evil:

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 10:06:04 am »
The whole NESSAholic use I wouldn't mind so much if they did it correctly. And wouldn't you think they would ask us to help? Like Tricia said we've been here since 02. We are all totally here to help support and that's why we all joined. I just hope this is better then back in 02 when they started something. It was all cool in the beginning then the team just faded and I think that's kinda why we (NESSAholics.com) came along.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 10:13:54 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
The whole NESSAholic use I wouldn't mind so much if they did it correctly.

For real

Quote from: "eclv"
And wouldn't you think they would ask us to help? Like Tricia said we've been here since 02. We are all totally here to help support and that's why we all joined. I just hope this is better then back in 02 when they started something. It was all cool in the beginning then the team just faded and I think that's kinda why we (NESSAholics.com) came along.

You'd think...

Bah...I'm such a pansy ass...I joined it too, but I refuse to enter for the phone call.  For now anyway...
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 10:18:41 am »
oh, and didn't it say something about the first to see WH? The only way that could happen is if they emailed us a link like in the next few hours. Cause I have DirectTV and it comes on at 2.

I don't know that she will actually call, I mean on the other one we did the same. But then again I do and have received calls before from other artists.

But Tricia you already had that honor  :wink:

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 12:03:29 pm »
True

She hung up on me though the first time.  She had to call me back lol
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 12:53:53 pm »
I also dislike the way these things play fans off against each other- i know it is the most productive method but here we seem to work together as a team to achieve things (like everyone voting collectively for TRL, or calling in to radio stations)- i don't like being in competition with people who usually are perfectly happy to work together to achieve a goal.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 01:00:53 pm »
i joined, but i'm not wild about the name.  What if someone (Katia, Let, etc) contacted this Josi person and bargained.  They can use the name NESSAholic, just make us and NH.com the official fan site.  That way it will be easier for fans to associate NESSAholics when it's mentioned on the Official Site, and there won't be all this warring over who's a NESSAholic.

I'm so with you Rosie!  I hate all the competition.  It's great that all the promotion is really starting up, but there's no need to pitch us against eachother, and you just KNOW that the bragging will start up and people are going to get jealous, etc.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 01:25:27 pm »
WE NEED TO CONTACT KATIA.

WE NEED TO SEND A CEASE AND DESIST TO THEM IMMEDIATLY.

If we have ANY hope of protecting the name nessaholics then we must tell them to stop using it.  Even if they refuse, we must tell them to stop to establish that we are defending the name.

Weather or not what they are doing is legal is very iffy, but if we do not protect the name nessaholics then a judge would rule equity is on their side.  If we do not ACT like it is a protect property then it ISN'T a protect property.

WHERE IS KATIA?!?!?

edit: this is a bigger legal deal than you guys are realizing.  We must protect the name or else ANYONE can use it ANY time.  You want people who have no association with us selling NH or NH.com t-shirts?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 01:33:04 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

If we have ANY hope of protecting the name nessaholics then we must tell them to stop using it.  Even if they refuse, we must tell them to stop to establish that we are defending the name.

Weather or not what they are doing is legal is very iffy, but if we do not protect the name nessaholics then a judge would rule equity is on their side.  If we do not ACT like it is a protect property then it ISN'T a protect property.

WHERE IS KATIA?!?!?

edit: this is a bigger legal deal than you guys are realizing.  We must protect the name or else ANYONE can use it ANY time.  You want people who have no association with us selling NH or NH.com t-shirts?

I agree that we should at least attempt to stop them because when I signed up I was under the impression it was related to nh.com. I only noticed after that it was a totally different entity.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 01:34:42 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
but here we seem to work together as a team to achieve things (like everyone voting collectively for TRL, or calling in to radio stations)- i don't like being in competition with people who usually are perfectly happy to work together to achieve a goal.

*feels guilty for the TRL competition*

Pitting nessaholic against nessaholic, fighting for the grand prize. lol

Re: Nessaholic

Unless anybody plans to make any money off of nessaholics.com in the future, I don't see the point in fighting to keep the name to ourselves. With no money involved, what is there to gain with "cease and desist" action? If anything, it will just make nessaholics.com look bad. IM(very)HO

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 01:36:07 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"

WHERE IS KATIA?!?!?

I agree that we should at least attempt to stop them because when I signed up I was under the impression it was related to nh.com. I only noticed after that it was a totally different entity.

Right.

See, there are laws that prevent them from using something similar to a name that is already owned IF it is clear they are trying to basically "copy" the branding we already established.

In other words, people worked hard to make the site nessaholics.com a success therefore, even though we don't own "nessaholics", if someone is using "nessaholics" in a way that is similar to the way we use "nessaholics.com" (which we do own) then this is copyright infringment.

It's what stops me from creating an operating system called WinDoze 96 and selling it.

EDIT:
Quote from: "Kev222"

Unless anybody plans to make any money off of nessaholics.com in the future, I don't see the point in fighting to keep the name to ourselves. With no money involved, what is there to gain with "cease and desist" action? If anything, it will just make nessaholics.com look bad. IM(very)HO

Because if we DON'T stop them then Nessaholics becomes public domain and ANYBODY can sell t-shirts, posters, etc with nessaholics on it
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 01:41:50 pm »
Because if we DON'T stop them then Nessaholics becomes public domain and ANYBODY can sell t-shirts, posters, etc with nessaholics on it

I still don't see the problem. We wouldn't be losing anything.

I don't know the law. Could they build their site up and then turn around and try to shut nessaholics.com down for the same reasons that you mention? If so, then that would be a good reason to persue it further

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 01:43:03 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"

I don't know the law. Could they build their site up and then turn around and try to shut nessaholics.com down for the same reasons that you mention? If so, then that would be a good reason to persue it further

-Kev

No.  We own the name NH.com and have used it longer.

You don't see a problem with a random nobody who doesn't care about VC selling Nessaholics shirts?

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 01:45:16 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"

-Kev

Well i suppose a good point is what we might gain from it-  a link to an proper street team- which would encourage more people to come here and in turn will help vanessa. Also, isn't fanscape a profiting business? Surely its not fair for them to gain money from a name hard-working people here built up for now profit whatsoever?

P.S Your opinion isn't humble ;)
"I'm all about the wordplay."