Author Topic: southern california is on fire. almost every city.  (Read 24857 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
southern california is on fire. almost every city.
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2007, 11:37:18 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
Quote from: "Laura"
at least 1 in my town was set by one too. & a police caught another guy in my town trying to set one on the freaking freeway. people are morons.

OMG! which freeway?!

i'm not exactly sure, all i know is it was in my town. i forget what my boss said. and my town is temecula.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2007, 05:45:29 am »
Those fires could still spread to cities. Fires just don't go away on their own, do they? Plus people like ME cant help who lives in the mountains so don't blame all Californians.

They COULD spread to cities... and the sun COULD produce a solar flare big enough to wipe out all life on Earth.  But you know, you plan for the stuff that's within your control and is actually likely to happen.

And yes you can control it.  States have legislature.  You are over 18.

great, not only have you said the fires are my fault, but now your calling me stupid. i know federal aid helps people, like in Katrina & other things, but i don't really know much more info. about it. so i guess you'll just have to explain it because I'm so stupid.

I'm not calling you stupid, I am calling you ignorant.  There is a pretty massive difference.

Simply put, my tax dollars are being sunk into helping California with the wildfires that California residents (primarly the arrogant and wealthy) caused.

Immagine if KY tried to build the worlds tallest building, and it fell down due to poor design, and then we asked for federal funding to help us clean it up and rebuild it.

How would you feel about that?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2007, 05:46:17 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Eh, I think he can take it.

That sounds dirty.

Stop flirting with me.  :rosie:
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2007, 07:48:35 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Simply put, my tax dollars are being sunk into helping California with the wildfires that California residents (primarly the arrogant and wealthy) caused.

what about the fires that were caused by arson? the fire that started by me was proved to be arson.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2007, 12:13:19 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

what about the fires that were caused by arson? the fire that started by me was proved to be arson.

It doesn't matter what the initial spark was.

Totally irrelelvant;  Lighting or arson.  Neither changes the fact that the widespread damage was caused by the life choices.

---Andrew

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:11 pm »
It's not hard to realize why though it may be arson it's still our fault:

You have 1 twig to begin with. If you wait until you have 1 gazillion twigs stacked up (by suppressing natural wild fires) , it doesn't matter what causes those twigs to ignite, it's still a BIGGER and WORSE fire because we kept stacking up the twigs instead of "disposing" of them in smaller batches previously.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2007, 03:15:41 pm »
So if someone goes into a field and sets a fire and they are burned then it is our fault, especially if they nearly kill themselves?

McDonald's and hot coffee, ect., ect.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:12 pm »

I'm not calling you stupid, I am calling you ignorant.  There is a pretty massive difference.

Immagine if KY tried to build the worlds tallest building, and it fell down due to poor design, and then we asked for federal funding to help us clean it up and rebuild it.

i'm ignorant because i don't know exactly what federal aid is? well excuse me Mr. know it all..but i work, live on my own & go to school so sorry if I don't know everything i should know. i'm more worried about other things right now.

but thanks for the explanation. & everyone gets taxes taken out, it's apart of life & something people like ME can't control. so like i said stop blaming ALL Californians.

LimeTwister

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2007, 08:24:29 am »

i'm ignorant because i don't know exactly what federal aid is? well excuse me Mr. know it all..but i work, live on my own & go to school so sorry if I don't know everything i should know. i'm more worried about other things right now.

but thanks for the explanation. & everyone gets taxes taken out, it's apart of life & something people like ME can't control. so like i said stop blaming ALL Californians.

Do you not know what "ignorant" means?  It's because you "don't have time" that you're ignorant.  But it's not an excuse.  Federal Aid is something your money goes towards, and it's your duty to know where the government spends it.  They don't generally hide that information.  

Most of the homes that are being shown on TV are million dollar houses in an area that naturally has wildfires.  Other people get blamed for losing their houses based on where they live--i.e. Residents of New Orleans were blamed for living in a hole.  But, that's besides the point.  People like to believe it can't happen to them, and it can.  With or without arsen, fires are a natural occurrence that would be a lot less damaging if they were allowed to burn.  Earth has a way of healing itself, we just like to get in its way, and then people get upset when it still happens.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2007, 03:53:15 pm »

Do you not know what "ignorant" means?  It's because you "don't have time" that you're ignorant.  But it's not an excuse.  Federal Aid is something your money goes towards, and it's your duty to know where the government spends it.  They don't generally hide that information.  

Most of the homes that are being shown on TV are million dollar houses in an area that naturally has wildfires.  Other people get blamed for losing their houses based on where they live--i.e. Residents of New Orleans were blamed for living in a hole.  But, that's besides the point.  People like to believe it can't happen to them, and it can.  With or without arsen, fires are a natural occurrence that would be a lot less damaging if they were allowed to burn.  Earth has a way of healing itself, we just like to get in its way, and then people get upset when it still happens.

Yes I know what ignorant means (once again someone trying to make me feel stupid, thanks). it means lack of knowledge, information, etc. It doesn't mean not having time to understand something. If it meant that then everyone is ignorant because everyone doesn't know everything that they are supposed to know.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2007, 05:26:14 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
So if someone goes into a field and sets a fire and they are burned then it is our fault, especially if they nearly kill themselves?

I just don't understand why people choose to permanently live in a place that is either naturally extremely dangerous (ie, volcanic activity, frequent earthquakes, below sea level, etc) or has had it's natural setting suppressed so much that it's an obvious & real danger to live there.

I really have no sympathy for millionaires who build their homes along cliffs & fault lines. If anything I feel bad for the lower class who almost have no choice and are stuck there since they were born there.

I guess you could say it's good population control though!

LimeTwister

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2007, 05:46:42 pm »

Yes I know what ignorant means (once again someone trying to make me feel stupid, thanks). it means lack of knowledge, information, etc. It doesn't mean not having time to understand something. If it meant that then everyone is ignorant because everyone doesn't know everything that they are supposed to know.

When responding to Andrew, you questioned why he called you ignorant ("i'm ignorant because i don't know exactly what federal aid is?").  I was pointing out you lacked the knowledge because you apparently lacked the time; thus, you are ignorant towards the subject at hand.  I wasn't giving you a definition of ignorant.  And, yes, everyone is ignorant towards something.

I am not going to get into a lengthy argument.  I will say this though: you clearly have time to post on here, which could be used for looking up information.  If you want to argue something you don't know anything about, then you should probably look up the information before you start.  It's not Andrew's or my job to give you information.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2007, 06:09:56 pm »

When responding to Andrew, you questioned why he called you ignorant ("i'm ignorant because i don't know exactly what federal aid is?").  I was pointing out you lacked the knowledge because you apparently lacked the time; thus, you are ignorant towards the subject at hand.  I wasn't giving you a definition of ignorant.  And, yes, everyone is ignorant towards something.

I am not going to get into a lengthy argument.  I will say this though: you clearly have time to post on here, which could be used for looking up information.  If you want to argue something you don't know anything about, then you should probably look up the information before you start.  It's not Andrew's or my job to give you information.

yes I have time to come on here. but thats because i'm taking a break from work, homework, and whatever else i have going on. i'm not gonna use my break to get more information crammed in my brain than i already have. i'm not gonna stress on a subject that some people think i should know more about. it's not the end of the world if i don't know everything about federal aid. i will continue to disagree that it's not ignorant..people who don't have time aren't ignorant, it's simply not having time.

im done arguing with you about this. this thread was just to inform people what was going on, didn't expect a damn debate blaming everyone for it. Good grief.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2007, 10:46:50 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"

I just don't understand why people choose to permanently live in a place that is either naturally extremely dangerous (ie, volcanic activity, frequent earthquakes, below sea level, etc) or has had it's natural setting suppressed so much that it's an obvious & real danger to live there.

I really have no sympathy for millionaires who build their homes along cliffs & fault lines. If anything I feel bad for the lower class who almost have no choice and are stuck there since they were born there.

I guess you could say it's good population control though!

I understand that.  I think what most people have a problem with is that  it's an inappropriate time for grakthis  to be rubbing it in.  It's like laughing and telling people you are glad when you saw the airplanes crashing into the twin towers just because people were rude to you when you went on a vacation in New York City recently.  I'm overstating my point, but in addition we didn't have enough information to know what was going on in the first place to have a properly informed opinion.

I'm sure part of his 'Final Solution' :razz:  is to blanket large areas with herbicide, possibly killing at least one race...erm...full genus of plants.:wink:

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36:51 pm »
I think what most people have a problem with is that  it's an inappropriate time for grakthis  to be rubbing it in.  It's like laughing and telling people you are glad when you saw the airplanes crashing into the twin towers just because people were rude to you when you went on a vacation in New York City recently.  I'm overstating my point, but in addition we didn't have enough information to know what was going on in the first place to have a properly informed opinion.

Ta dah, you got it right.