Author Topic: southern california is on fire. almost every city.  (Read 24765 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
southern california is on fire. almost every city.
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:46 am »
Kid playing with matches started LA fires

---

I understand why people live in places with volcanoes and earthquakes, etc: they tend to be warm and beautiful. So fine, go live there, but if you're making that choice I'm not going to feel that bad when an earthquake hits. You could have lived in Ohio like me.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2007, 10:15:39 am »
^well some of us have no choice where we live for the last fucking time.

yeah, some people like divasteph have been supporting themselves for a long time as grak or someone pointed out, but everyone is different. i live on my own, but i don't wanna move away from my friends & family & everything i've known my whole life when i'm only 21. sorry but i'm not ready yet.

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2007, 11:37:26 am »
Well technically you have a choice, Laura, you said yourself just don't want to move away. So if you don't want to, then you have to deal with it and deal with people not feeling bad when an earthquake wrecks your dorm or whatever. That really sucks but you could live somewhere else without earthquakes.
Five-year-old children don't have a choice. In that case, I don't understand why their parents choose to live there.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

LimeTwister

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2007, 11:55:21 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Well technically you have a choice, Laura, you said yourself just don't want to move away. So if you don't want to, then you have to deal with it and deal with people not feeling bad when an earthquake wrecks your dorm or whatever. That really sucks but you could live somewhere else without earthquakes.
Five-year-old children don't have a choice. In that case, I don't understand why their parents choose to live there.

It's pointless to use logic or argue.

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2007, 12:11:02 pm »
i suppose this is true.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:51 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
^well some of us have no choice where we live for the last fucking time.

yeah, some people like divasteph have been supporting themselves for a long time as grak or someone pointed out, but everyone is different. i live on my own, but i don't wanna move away from my friends & family & everything i've known my whole life when i'm only 21. sorry but i'm not ready yet.

Since when does "I don't want to" equal "I can't."

I am pretty sure those are two wildly different concepts.

You live where you live because you choose to live there.  Not moving is your choice.  You choose to subject yourself to wildfires because you want to live there.

Which is fine.  but then don't expect us to care when you burn your house down.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2007, 07:56:03 pm »
i know i kinda have a choice, but at the same time i don't because i would never be able to survive in another state by myself without my family & friends. you may be able to, but like i said everyone's different.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2007, 11:48:18 pm »
Yeah... the whole arguing, bickering, namecalling, etc. has gone far enough in here. Calm it down guys. Because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you automatically need to call them a douche or insult them.

The best case scenario is to just ignore people you don't agree with or just agree to disagree. Discretion is the better part of valor often times.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2007, 12:59:10 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
i know i kinda have a choice, but at the same time i don't because i would never be able to survive in another state by myself without my family & friends. you may be able to, but like i said everyone's different.

That is what I've done.  I've been solitude since I've moved to the city.  Considering the condition I was in when I came here it is any wonder I had the strength to breath at times.  That is not so far from the truth either.  For some odd reason I just keep forging ahead.  LOTS of stupidity, but it's more due to a period of time of where you feel like your soul is dwindling away like a candle flame.  As dreamy and out there as I express myself sometimes, that isn't as poetic as it might come across.  It felt very real.  That is when you find out how strong, stubborn, and motivated you really are.  It's when independence isn't a glamorous concept but a realization of some ingrained part of you.