Author Topic: Carousel  (Read 62458 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Carousel
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
Ah yeah, you're right. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:47:32 pm by Martin. »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2011, 02:32:56 pm »
with the new videos of sunset sessions, i think the last chorus is

"it's in the music,
and beauty stands before you."

instead of until.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2011, 07:18:44 pm »
I was thinking about words yesterday.  I often times mess up my words when I speak.  Sometimes I say the wrong thing, even though I'm thinking the right thing.  Or I will combine two words together.  Or I will say them with a southern accent (not on purpose). My husband will often make fun of me for this.  But I bring it up because, I wonder if anyone else has this problem or quirk (or if I am just that messed up).  If so, maybe Vanessa is one of these people and so it stands to reason that each time she sings a song, a word or two might be mixed up or sung wrong or she decides to change it.  Especially with live performances, it makes sesne that words might be a little different each time or that an inflection is different each time and therefore sounds different to us.  Just a thought on words, and maybe we shouldn't get too hung up on what was sung or not sung..
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2011, 12:54:33 am »
I was thinking about words yesterday.  I often times mess up my words when I speak.  Sometimes I say the wrong thing, even though I'm thinking the right thing.  Or I will combine two words together.  Or I will say them with a southern accent (not on purpose). My husband will often make fun of me for this.  But I bring it up because, I wonder if anyone else has this problem or quirk (or if I am just that messed up).  If so, maybe Vanessa is one of these people and so it stands to reason that each time she sings a song, a word or two might be mixed up or sung wrong or she decides to change it.  Especially with live performances, it makes sesne that words might be a little different each time or that an inflection is different each time and therefore sounds different to us.  Just a thought on words, and maybe we shouldn't get too hung up on what was sung or not sung..
I get this too. Sometimes, when I'm thinking ahead and talking at the same time, I'll get mixed up and mess up eventhough I know exactly what I meant to say. Also when im nervous this happens. Maybe Vanessa is like that too. I mean, I imagine she is quite nervous up there. Besides, one or two words in this context don't change the song or it's meaning. :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2011, 04:30:49 am »
I get this too. Sometimes, when I'm thinking ahead and talking at the same time, I'll get mixed up and mess up eventhough I know exactly what I meant to say. Also when im nervous this happens. Maybe Vanessa is like that too. I mean, I imagine she is quite nervous up there. Besides, one or two words in this context don't change the song or it's meaning. :)

Good, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, and yes, it does get more pronounced when I'm nervous.  I agree, most of the time it doesn't change the meaning.
~Sara~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2011, 08:50:44 am »
I made a video with the song and the lyrcis for Carousel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUJC8KszfgA

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2011, 10:01:06 am »
I made a video with the song and the lyrcis for Carousel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUJC8KszfgA

Some of your lyrics are wrong. ><

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2011, 10:23:20 am »
wooopsss. I took them from this thread! I guess She changed them  :-\ I dont  have a very good ear

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:58 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvCTUVWtGk

Did she change the words? Or is my hearing super messed up?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2011, 04:27:30 am »
sure you already all know:

@VCarltonIndo Vanessa Carlton Indo
IT'S CONFIRMED! 'Carousel' music video has finished shooting! Thanks @kdengs ! *happy happy happy*
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2011, 05:28:51 am »
Thanks for that! So excited. (:
 ;D

I'm getting a feeling that it will be soo awesome. I mean, she IS Vanessa Carlton.  ;D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2011, 06:39:11 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2011, 03:42:48 pm »
With the official release, does anybody has the lyrics more clear?  :D :D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »
I think she says "It's in the music" on the last chorus??

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »
I think she says "It's in the music" on the last chorus??

I heard that too!!