Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 343460 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2010, 08:38:21 pm »
I've bought all of her CD's on the same store; it's the biggest and most expensive store in the country, but it's also the only one that sells music from artists that were once mainstream but are now forgotten by the general public. They usually import albums from the US, even if the album is meant to be released here (in Guatemala), just to have them on the internacional release date. I remember that when Harmonium came out I couldn't get my copy because they kept running out of it, I guess they only shipped like five copies each time! I got mine until Christmas. The store also sells movies and video games, but until recently it was mainly a music store, now it's mainly a videogames one. I hope they'll sell Rabbits when it comes out.

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2010, 10:22:54 pm »
I guess just to keep with the general flow of things... I've bought all of V's CD's. I have a physical copy of BNN and H&T, but I only have a digital version of Harmonium - even if it is my favorite album. It's only because I wasn't allowed to buy it when I w as younger, all because of the "rite of passage" euphemism in "White Houses."  My parents figured, "What more could be in there?" =_=

I can't wait for ROTR, though. So far, I like most of the songs ("Tall Tales for Spring" isn't my favorite song ever. I prefer the original "Waltz."). If it's not sold at Best Buy, I know that I have to buy it off of iTunes. I'm not going to every store searching for it. Driving around would be crazy, but still, a digital album with digital album art is still not the same as the physical one.
:|
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2010, 03:27:03 am »
I love having the physical copy! I went to the music store the other day and looked all over for Heroes and Thieves. I asked an employee if they had it and he said no and proceeded to tell me all about Napster...): If I wanted to just download the music, I would have never come in the store in the first place...

Where do you live, because Harmonium is on iTunes in the US.
I'm in Australia ^^

They only have "White Houses" and "San Francisco" (cause it was on a Charmed album xD) on our iTunes..

I still haven't caved in to listening to V's new songs - my fave part of getting a new album is listening to it for the first time and getting first impressions, while flipping through the CD's booklet :D I want all the songs to be completely new when I hear them..then I'll go back and listen to those acoustic ones ;)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2010, 04:14:31 am »
Me neither. IMO, you'd have to be crazy to pay top dollar (top pound?) for a "virtual" album without any cover art or anything.
QFT!  :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

janwar

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - janwar_carlton
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2010, 10:52:42 am »

Here..In Indonesia...When Vanessa cds comes out...i can find it, with cassettes too....but i miss the H&T Cassette coz i don't check it to store again.....but cd of her singles never comes out....can wait till ROTR comes out...

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2010, 12:15:14 pm »
I love having the physical copy! I went to the music store the other day and looked all over for Heroes and Thieves. I asked an employee if they had it and he said no and proceeded to tell me all about Napster...): If I wanted to just download the music, I would have never come in the store in the first place...

Where do you live, because Harmonium is on iTunes in the US.
I'm in Australia ^^

They only have "White Houses" and "San Francisco" (cause it was on a Charmed album xD) on our iTunes..

I still haven't caved in to listening to V's new songs - my fave part of getting a new album is listening to it for the first time and getting first impressions, while flipping through the CD's booklet :D I want all the songs to be completely new when I hear them..then I'll go back and listen to those acoustic ones ;)

That's what I was going to do but then I caved...lol. I couldn't wait any longer... haha.         
I feel so ashamed...):

Also...to whoever wrote about having a heroes and thieves casette..that would be awesome! I want V's songs on a casette!!!
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
Haha my first cassette tape was of the Spice Girls. Good old days...mmhmm.

Yeah I can't wait until the CD too...still possible it will be out this year? I will definitely get it online, it's hard to find the CD you want these days and I can't drive and I don't want to have my dad drive me all around (Bad vision).

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2010, 12:02:14 am »
let's play where in the world is Vanessa Carlton?
lol.

yesterday she was spotted at the Los Angeles international airport.

guess she's finally on her way back to London??

so uhh.. let the work on the album resume!! :P heh

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2010, 12:06:32 am »
lol.

yesterday she was spotted at the Los Angeles international airport.

guess she's finally on her way back to London??

so uhh.. let the work on the album resume!! :P heh

Wow  :o Amazing spotting!  :D

Was it confirmed she was on her way to London or did she just arrive from there??

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:38 am »
lol.

Ahaha, that made me laugh, "let's play where in the world is Vanessa Carlton?" xDD

But wow!! Hopefully it was a trip back from London - so maybe she can start finalising her album?! :D :D

Btw, fantastic job finding this snippet Kulp - how DID you find it? xD

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2010, 01:48:20 pm »
i have no idea, that girl posted it on Vanessa's facebook wall, all she said was it was random that she met her there..
 :P
a quick search does confirm that LAX does do flights to London, so I'm hoping that's what it was for.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2010, 02:34:03 pm »
i have no idea, that girl posted it on Vanessa's facebook wall, all she said was it was random that she met her there..
 :P
a quick search does confirm that LAX does do flights to London, so I'm hoping that's what it was for.

So maybe, she really was on her way going back to London. I wonder where she celebrated her birthday...

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2010, 04:00:38 pm »
OMGGGGG. You're so lucky!
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »
She's so beautiful.
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:10 pm »
LAS VEGAS! Ah who knows :P It's pretty cool to find a celeb at an airport. I remember being in Burbank/Sierra Madre California and I was always on the look out for celebs..no luck haha. Ah well I was too busy with my friend having fun :) Also went to San Diego..okay enough rambling.

So the CD is being recorded in London? That's pretty cool! :) I vaguely remember but didn't she mention something about KT Tunstal? (Fan of hers too but I only have her one CD).