Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  (Read 9159 times)

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2004, 06:06:48 pm »
It will be rated M 15+ over here in Australia but they are trying to get it down to a PG level before its debut on Thursday.
Anyway for those who have seen it, should my dumb arse nephew's mother take my nephew who is only 6 to see it or will it be to scary?
I have heard that the train scene is much to scary for children under 8.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2004, 06:43:46 pm »
Quote from: "aleera84"
It will be rated M 15+ over here in Australia but they are trying to get it down to a PG level before its debut on Thursday.
Anyway for those who have seen it, should my dumb arse nephew's mother take my nephew who is only 6 to see it or will it be to scary?
I have heard that the train scene is much to scary for children under 8.

yeah, the train scene and the werewolf can be scary for little kids i would think

Amanda

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2004, 06:49:23 pm »
Thank you for your help  :wink:

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2004, 08:49:53 pm »
Quote from: "Zena"
D"OH!!! I just finished reading the book yesterday in preparation for Thursday!!! Thursday!!! I had forgotten so much of it!!!
Maybe that was a mistake then LOL ...

Yup, that was a very bad idea, Zee lol I'm sorry...

But i'm not expecting them to put EVERYTHING in a 2 hour movie ...
I just want to see the dementors and the hippogriff and all that ... just to confirm how I imagine it is how they've done it ... book 3 is big though ...
and they're so cute the boys!!!

Actors and special effects are good! way good!! The scene where Potter flies the hippogriff is amazing!!! But yeah, I wouldn't mind if the movie was longer...

Pity Dumbledore died :-( He was good ...

He was perfect!!! THE Dumbledore! The new one... tsc tsc...

ANYWAYZ, I just watched it again and hey, guess what?! I liked it better this time!  :D
Yea, I'm weird like that but I think it's good now... So I guess even movies deserve a second chance!! lol

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2004, 10:38:22 pm »
Quote from: "ChocoNutz"
Actors and special effects are good! way good!! The scene where Potter flies the hippogriff is amazing!!! But yeah, I wouldn't mind if the movie was longer...

I don't think I cold handle it longer though .. I already get too emotionally highly strung wih things like that ... LOL i'm a mess!!! Even though I know what's going to happen ... I can't handle suspense LOL

Quote from: "chocoutz"
ANYWAYZ, I just watched it again and hey, guess what?! I liked it better this time!  :D
Yea, I'm weird like that but I think it's good now... So I guess even movies deserve a second chance!! lol

I really can't wait to see it ...
Everyone and everything deserves a second chance. :-)
Glad you liked it ... even though you're a Ron/Hermione fan and NOT a Harry/Hermione ... :-? ... eh noone's perfect ;-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2004, 05:43:10 am »
I am more of a Harry/Cho fan. But that's just me.

I saw it yesterday, and I really liked it. I felt that it was eons beyond the first two. PoA was my favorite book, and I was not disappointed. I thought the scene with the bluebird was histerical! I don't wanna give anything away, but I laughed out loud. I love the new director! He makes it more dark, more like the books. I sorta felt like it was compressed, but I still liked it. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a..... an 8.5.
Joe

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 07:41:50 am »
i love gary oldman!

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2004, 05:19:51 pm »
I'm so upset with the film...too many things were left out and...the firebolt? At the end? WTF....and Pig? Maybe if I didn't read the book I wouldn't be so upset...but uh...that butchered the book so badly.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2004, 05:25:58 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
I'm so upset with the film...too many things were left out and...the firebolt? At the end? WTF....and Pig? Maybe if I didn't read the book I wouldn't be so upset...but uh...that butchered the book so badly.

you really think so? hm.  :?

Amanda

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2004, 11:03:13 am »
I have my tickets already!! They're for the opening day, the 10.30 pm session and possibly the best seats since I doubt many people will have already bought their tickets, considering it opens on the 19th :P

yaaaaaaaaaaay!! I'm going to see Harry!! And I'm going to see Hermione!! ah, yes and Ron too...  :roll:

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 12:23:57 pm »
Quote from: "neos"
I have my tickets already!! They're for the opening day, the 10.30 pm session and possibly the best seats since I doubt many people will have already bought their tickets, considering it opens on the 19th :P

yaaaaaaaaaaay!! I'm going to see Harry!! And I'm going to see Hermione!! ah, yes and Ron too...  :roll:

lol i love ron! he's my favorite, and he's so hysterical in this movie :-P i love his facial expressions!

whoooaa the 19th? that's laaaatteeeee.....ok so when Joey and I become presidents we'll make sure to send out all the kick ass stuff to europe right when america gets it :-P

ChocoNutz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 08:40:29 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

lol i love ron! he's my favorite, and he's so hysterical in this movie :-P i love his facial expressions!

lol I love Ron too!!! And he's the funniest on the new movie! Like when Hermione tries to "talk" to the werewolf! And he's like: good dog, nice doggy... LOL!!! So so funny!!!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2004, 03:56:20 am »
Quote from: "ChocoNutz"
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

lol I love Ron too!!! And he's the funniest on the new movie! Like when Hermione tries to "talk" to the werewolf! And he's like: good dog, nice doggy... LOL!!! So so funny!!!

i know! he's such good comedic relief!

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2004, 06:02:40 am »
It was BRILLIANT!
Absolutely AMAZING!!!
I'm not going to say that the book was better rah rah ...
But, everything everyone said here was 100% correct!!!
Though one thing, i'm so glad I read the book before watching the movie!!! :-)
SSSooo many things were left out, and only very briefly touched upon in the movie that were sssoooo detailed in the book ... That's what I love about the book ,.. the subtilties ... (sp?)
Having said that, cinamatographically (if that's even a word LOL :-)) it's FUCKING BRILLIANT!!! Unbelieveably amazing!!!

(This ones for the LJ peeps) You know that song i'm always going on about ... the "flying music" by Vanessa Mae (which I will post up soon enough sorry for the tardiness) ... well that song is PREFECTLY captured in the scene where Harry rides the hippogriff!!! That's it there! The song personified ... or movieonified :? whatever ...
Gosh the landscape is stunning! England is sssssoo beautiful.
Was it shot in England? Well where ever it was shot was spectacular!!!
Sooo many times you get goose-bumps, and you lose your breathe slightly
oh gosh I could go on for DAYS about it ....

Jules you were right in everything you said ... and I want to see it again LOL :-)
whoever said that none of the sub-plots were followed and only the main one was ... only one main plot ... yeah I see how that worked now ...

shit there was NO WAY they could fit everything though ... good idea to read the book first ... I don't think they BUTCHERED the book like someone says, but ... it's a good idea to read it first ...

though, the director does a MARVELLOUS job ... what's his name? He does a good job in keeping faithful to the book ... they don't leave out THAT many things ... definately not any of the MAIN things ... the more subtle things ... well what do you expect! If the movie went for 5 hours, you'd also complain... so basically it's a good balance ...
anyway, that's why you READ the book ...

Whoever said Ron was comic relif .... omg ... RON IS A CRACK-UP!!!
He's great .. I never used to be a big fan of Ron, and they do give him sort of a dopey role in the movie ... he's a little more heroic in the book ... but ... still, he's great value :-)
Those facial expression ... those little things he says when everyone's comcentrating on Harry .. and he sneaks in a sly/dumb comment ...
omg and when he's talking about tap-dancing spiders ROTFLMAO!!! I was in stitches!!!
And Hermione!! You fall in  love with her character .... she's not an "insufferable know-it-all brat" at ALL!!!
She's rather endearing in the movie I though! SHe's lovely, and she's vunerable in the movie ... so much better  than that hard-shelled unbreakable character she is in the book ...
And Harry ... *sigh* :-) I love Harry ...

Whoever said the new Dumbledore is ... too energetic ... YYYEEESSS ... the old Dumbledore had an aire about him ... wise, and noble and clean .. this one is excited and he ties up his beard! what's with that! It looks dirty too :? You don't feel he's in total control ... you don't feel he's someone that Lord Voldemort would be petrified of ... you don't feel he has that aire about him ... :?

I love the cinematography ... gosh England truely is a magical place.
Whatelse ... um, yeah I could seriously go on for days :-)
It was very very good ....

And whoever said they got their tickets early ... good idea ... the cinema had 5 sessions going, and all 5 were sold out!
And this is a school-night at 9.30pm ... even the 7.30pm session was totally sold .... I don't want to know about a weekend, or Friday night ...

Hey they gave out free posters too :-) w00t!!! :-D
My friends all gave me theirs :-) I have lots of Harry Potter posters ... I'll put one in the lab at work, one in the lab at Uni, and one at home :-)
I'm all Harryied out now :-)

I'm a pot-head ;-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

ChocoNutz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2004, 08:10:58 am »
(This ones for the LJ peeps) You know that song i'm always going on about ... the "flying music" by Vanessa Mae (which I will post up soon enough sorry for the tardiness) ... well that song is PREFECTLY captured in the scene where Harry rides the hippogriff!!! That's it there! The song personified ... or movieonified whatever ...

Ohhh, I love the flying scene!!! It's amazing and makes you stare at the screen with your mouth open...  :o

Gosh the landscape is stunning! England is sssssoo beautiful.
Was it shot in England? Well where ever it was shot was spectacular!!!
Sooo many times you get goose-bumps, and you lose your breathe slightly
oh gosh I could go on for DAYS about it ....

YEAH!!! Landscape is really awesome!!! I don't know if it was shot in England either but it's really beautiful!!!

Jules you were right in everything you said ... and I want to see it again LOL

Haha and I was thinking bout it and yea, I wanna watch it again even tho I've seen it twice already! lol

Whoever said Ron was comic relif .... omg ... RON IS A CRACK-UP!!!

Ron is hilarious!!! He's so cuuuute!!! lol when Harry asks him if he's alright and then he goes talk to Sirius.. And Hermione goes up to see if he's alright and he's like: nooo, it hurts... I think they'll have to cut it off! lol That's hilarious!!!

And Hermione!! You fall in love with her character .... she's not an "insufferable know-it-all brat" at ALL!!!

Yup yup I like the movie Hermione better than the book one!  :wink:

Whoever said the new Dumbledore is ... too energetic ... YYYEEESSS ... the old Dumbledore had an aire about him ... wise, and noble and clean .. this one is excited and he ties up his beard! what's with that! It looks dirty too You don't feel he's in total control ... you don't feel he's someone that Lord Voldemort would be petrified of ... you don't feel he has that aire about him ...

Yea..  :( the new Dumbledore... Blah... I miss the original one cuz he was THE Dumbledore... Oh but I believe he tied up his beard too... I'll have to check it later... But he was soooo peaceful!

Hey they gave out free posters too w00t!!!

Aaaahh! I was wondering if I'd get posters cuz I did when I went to see the 2nd one.. But they didn't have it this time...