Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 178087 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:53 am »
i want the whole thing! but then i kind of don't, because we already know most of the songs on the album.. it would be nice to hear it on the radio and have it be the first time.
Samuel
(he/him)

charmedguy18

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2007, 09:31:10 am »
I already have the clip set as my Facebook song. ^_^ (Yay for Facebook apps!)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2007, 09:39:55 am »
Quote from: "Jessica"
lol ghis i just noticed that the apple in your avatar looks exactly like the mac logo. kind of ironic considering you're always talking shit about apple ;p

I know. I found that pic a long time ago and thought it was cool because it's about NYC (the "Big Apple") and the logo is an apple.
It's not supposed to support or endorse Apple in any way, just fyi. ;)

Now I need a new avatar, damn!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

LimeTwister

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2007, 09:53:10 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
I already have the clip set as my Facebook song. ^_^ (Yay for Facebook apps!)

not a big fan of facebook apps...too much stuff,  facebook is supposed to be clean and boring.

the anti-myspace, if you will.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2007, 10:10:19 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
About the possible singles from "Harmonium", I found this cd a while ago:

As you can see, 3 songs are highlighted: "White Houses" was the 1st single, "Private Radio" the potential 2nd and "Afterglow" the potential 3rd.

Alright, back on topic now!! :)

Holy Crap, check out  1. the different running order, and 2. Different mix of Annie(!)

What does this CD sound like?

Dan/NS

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2007, 10:55:30 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"

The cd contains slightly different mixes of some songs:
- Annie is "unmixed" as the cover says (it has some background vocals at some point that aren't on the final version),
- Afterglow is slightly different as well (drums are added in the piano intro),
- Who's To Say is about 25 seconds shorter,
- She Floats is about 28 seconds shorter as well.
As you have also noticed, the cd only has 10 songs and The Wreckage isn't on it.
There you go! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2007, 11:56:14 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Quote from: "nosticker"

The cd contains slightly different mixes of some songs:
- Annie is "unmixed" as the cover says (it has some background vocals at some point that aren't on the final version),
- Afterglow is slightly different as well (drums are added in the piano intro),
- Who's To Say is about 25 seconds shorter,
- She Floats is about 28 seconds shorter as well.
As you have also noticed, the cd only has 10 songs and The Wreckage isn't on it.
There you go! ;)

i'm confused...
you have audio for these different versions??
share :?

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2007, 12:19:33 pm »
Alright guys - own up (if it's anyone here). My Nolita Fairytale video on Youtube has been rated from 5 stars down to 3 and a half stars. Who was it?
Also - we've been cheering Nolita Fairytale for sometime and I haven't heard a single negative comment about it. I'm not sure about you but i'm getting a bad feeling about this - no music should receive 100% positive feedback otherwise it gives a chance for a bad omen to present itself.

I'll start. I love the track to bits but i'm feeling that the rest of it may be slightly repetitive and that I may get bored of it too quickly.

Formerly known as Meraphix

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2007, 12:28:45 pm »
Quote from: "HarmySandwhich"
Alright guys - own up (if it's anyone here). My Nolita Fairytale video on Youtube has been rated from 5 stars down to 3 and a half stars. Who was it?
Also - we've been cheering Nolita Fairytale for sometime and I haven't heard a single negative comment about it. I'm not sure about you but i'm getting a bad feeling about this - no music should receive 100% positive feedback otherwise it gives a chance for a bad omen to present itself.

I'll start. I love the track to bits but i'm feeling that the rest of it may be slightly repetitive and that I may get bored of it too quickly.

wasn't me, but I just checked now...
the version you put up has horrible quality...
i checked, and other people who put it on youtube don't have it sounding any different than the original clip.

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2007, 12:31:40 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"

wasn't me, but I just checked now...
the version you put up has horrible quality...
i checked, and other people who put it on youtube don't have it sounding any different than the original clip.

Yeah. I'm sorry about that - the same thing happened with my Jessica Harp track. I'm using Windows Movie maker to make these videos and the quality turns out horribly. Any suggestions?

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »
do you upload it with DSL or a slower broadband type? Cause it happened when i accidently uploaded it with other then DSL. If that makes sense! Like where it has speed options?

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2007, 12:38:29 pm »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
do you upload it with DSL or a slower broadband type? Cause it happened when i accidently uploaded it with other then DSL. If that makes sense! Like where it has speed options?

I can't remember. I think it was DSL. Windows Movie maker just makes it sound like a very bad demo. I may just end up using a manual camera (blackened at the viewing end of course) and adding the track to it myself using Total Video Converter or something.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2007, 12:42:16 pm »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"

I can't remember. I think it was DSL. Windows Movie maker just makes it sound like a very bad demo. I may just end up using a manual camera (blackened at the viewing end of course) and adding the track to it myself using Total Video Converter or something.

Oh! then I'm stuck. I make lots of videos and i havent ever encountered that problem before. Just try making it again, if it doesnt work then, well I duno whats up with it :P

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »

i think it's just okay. i'll definitely need to hear the rest of it. i'm not that impressed so far.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Star7

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2007, 12:54:56 pm »
i like it but i cant say it's my favorite song yet