Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 171111 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #690 on: July 20, 2007, 02:40:04 pm »
then coming from someone who went to school for graphic design - and was one professionally for a few years ------DO BETTER then-
Its really nice - it might look like it took that long but i am sure the graphics person took lots of time re-doing it to Irv and Vanessa's taste.
xoxoxo

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #691 on: July 20, 2007, 02:54:08 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
then coming from someone who went to school for graphic design - and was one professionally for a few years ------DO BETTER then-
Its really nice - it might look like it took that long but i am sure the graphics person took lots of time re-doing it to Irv and Vanessa's taste.
xoxoxo

Um, don't catch an attitude just because I (and others here) think the cover looks like shit. Who cares what length of time it took for the person who made the poster? The end result looks terrible compared to what we're used to seeing from Vanessa.

Let's compare, shall we?

I'm a supporter of Vanessa, but if I don't like something she puts out I sure as hell aint gonna sit there and say "wow, I love it" just to keep people like yourselves happy. I don't like the promo cover. So what? Deal with it.

And FYI, I probably could do much better too. Thanks.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2007, 03:17:09 pm »
If I am not mistaken (and i could very well be) Vanessa designed the artwork for her prior albums and I'm pretty sure that font is based on Vanessa's handwriting. The new artwork looks like it is the same style..Vanessa's style.. please please correct me if I am wrong or clarify...
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #693 on: July 20, 2007, 03:19:04 pm »
i am not looking at the itunes single to make this judgement because i dont like the single i am looking at the layout of the poster that was posted --- seriously GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 20, 2007, 03:29:22 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i am not looking at the itunes single to make this judgement because i dont like the single i am looking at the layout of the poster that was posted --- seriously GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you telling me to "get a life" (which, by the way, I already have) just because I don't share the same opinion as yourself? The layout of the poster is very similar to the promo single, too. :roll: So you whether you like the single or not (that's irrelevant, by the way), you can still compare that cover with the rest of her catalogue. :roll:

I think it's YOUR dumb ass that needs to get a life and out of Vanessa's pussy.

THE POSTER LOOKS LIKE SHIT COMPARED TO WHAT WE'RE USED TO SEEING FROM VANESSA CARLTON. THAT IS MY OPINION. OTHERS MAY SHARE IT, OTHERS MAY NOT. THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM WHERE HUMAN BEINGS WITH THEIR OWN THOUGHTS & OPINIONS SIT AND DISCUSS VANESSA CARLTON, HER MUSIC AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT.

DEAL WITH IT! :roll:

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 20, 2007, 03:46:24 pm »
Since when has a single picture been used as an album cover?

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 20, 2007, 03:50:47 pm »
Quote from: "craft"
Since when has a single picture been used as an album cover?

You're not catching my drift. If the promo single and promo poster look like that, it gives a pretty clear indication of what the album cover will look like.

My opinion is BASED off of the promo single cover & poster for the album. If I see something completley different and brilliant like I did when I first saw the first two album covers, then that would be great. But BASED off of the promo single cover & poster, the album artwork is going to look similar (i.e. not the same) to what we've been seeing so far, and because of what I've seen so far, I don't have very high hopes for the artwork. As I say, if I see something completley different, then it would be great.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 20, 2007, 03:55:58 pm »
Anyway, this has been blown out of proportion.

I said I didn't like the promo single cover & poster because it looks very amateur-ish, cheap and something I could rustle up in 20 minutes on Photoshop. End of. If you care to have a discussion about it with me, then fine. We can do that. Just don't sit behind a screen and tell me I need to get a damn life just because I share a different opinion to yourself.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 20, 2007, 03:58:03 pm »
HERE'S AN IDEA.

Why doesn't everyone - STFU.

Huh? :D
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02:32 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
HERE'S AN IDEA.

Why doesn't everyone - STFU.

Huh? :D

Why should we have to? It's a discussion forum where fans get together and discuss Vanessa Carlton & her music. If someone shares a different opinion to someone, that's fine. Just don't make rude and unnecessary comments to them just for having a different opinion.

I said something which someone didn't agree with and made the unnecessary remark that I needed to get myself a life. Where's the sense in that? I don't like her promo single & poster cover so I need a life? Riiiiiight.

This whole argument is pathetic at any rate, so we'll just leave it at that.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 20, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
You have every right to discuss, but there's a difference between having a proper discussion and acting like a moron. DivaSteph's comments were uncalled for sure, but there's no need to perpetuate her elistism anymore than she already has herself.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 20, 2007, 04:07:54 pm »
I know, I realise that. I just got pretty heated so I'm leaving that mess to die down now and just move on from it. I should have been the bigger person and walked away (so to speak).

SOOOOOO....

Anyone excited about the "Nolita Fairytale" video?! :D

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 20, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »
I am looking forward to seeing a music video for Nolita fairytale.

I wonder if VC will do a performance video (her and the piano) or will she act out the songs lyrics or have actors do it... There are a lot of different concepts the video's director could play with... I'm surprised that I have not heard any official news on plans for the video. I guess one step at a time.. we need the song to be on radio rotation nationally first;-)
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 20, 2007, 04:15:58 pm »
It'd be great (and cheesy! :lol:) if Stevie made a cameo appearance in the video!

At the end where the drumming intro kicks back in, I have an image of Vanessa and her band walking off the stage (in slow-ish motion) carrying the equipment out the doors.

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 20, 2007, 04:19:34 pm »
Remember Pink's "Don't let me get me" where she had a "dramatization" of her dealings with LA Reid? ... I've envisioned something like that in the video would be quite tongue in cheek.. Stevie making an appearance would be cheesy cool! :D
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands