Author Topic: Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread  (Read 82246 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:21 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Ordinaryday6: 1) "house (home?) is apparently an amazing song.. i heard it, but not well, so i'm really excited about it." and then 2) "i didn't hear it.. hence the use of apparently; but i talked to someone who did, and they love it."

^ So, first you say you actually heard it, just not very well. Then you say you didn't actually hear it, a friend did...... I don't know why you are acting dodgy about whether or not you heard the song. The use of the word apparently has no effect on your descriptions of hearing the song in those references.

And I know one person actually had a recording of the song before, but said they were not going to share it because they didn't want to upset Vanessa or something. Honestly, we have tons of bootleg live recordings, they don't harm her or her career. It's not a big deal, I don't know why that person won't just share it.

i heard it on the house speakers before a third eye blind show. basically the only thing i heard was the word home, so that's how i knew it was the song. sorry for not really counting that as hearing it.

i don't have the song, i haven't heard it besides at the concert, and all i know is it's apparently a really great song. so lighten up. case closed, topic over. k thx bye.

she only says home 4 times in the song....and house 2 times... so it is not really that much... nor is it at the main point.. the way the song is she barely can get out the word home. I doubt you heard home.. this song is very basic so i bet that the mastered version is very basic piano and violin... so that is that... This song is just triads fifths and octaves... VERY VERY basic

Do us all a favor, and just... shut up. So that is not that, because you haven't heard the studio version. You having a live recording that you refuse to share with everyone means jack shit. And stop rubbing it in all of our faces by always popping on by when it's mentioned to tell us all how it sounds, when you should do what any of the rest of us would do and just post the damn thing so we can see how it sounds for ourselves.

:? God. You're completely obnoxious. You of all people should not be talking about Home since you're the one that made a big deal over it in the first place. So just drop it already.

K thx bye.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2007, 10:03:29 pm »
I second that.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2007, 10:37:38 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Ordinaryday6: 1) "house (home?) is apparently an amazing song.. i heard it, but not well, so i'm really excited about it." and then 2) "i didn't hear it.. hence the use of apparently; but i talked to someone who did, and they love it."

^ So, first you say you actually heard it, just not very well. Then you say you didn't actually hear it, a friend did...... I don't know why you are acting dodgy about whether or not you heard the song. The use of the word apparently has no effect on your descriptions of hearing the song in those references.

And I know one person actually had a recording of the song before, but said they were not going to share it because they didn't want to upset Vanessa or something. Honestly, we have tons of bootleg live recordings, they don't harm her or her career. It's not a big deal, I don't know why that person won't just share it.

i heard it on the house speakers before a third eye blind show. basically the only thing i heard was the word home, so that's how i knew it was the song. sorry for not really counting that as hearing it.

i don't have the song, i haven't heard it besides at the concert, and all i know is it's apparently a really great song. so lighten up. case closed, topic over. k thx bye.

she only says home 4 times in the song....and house 2 times... so it is not really that much... nor is it at the main point.. the way the song is she barely can get out the word home. I doubt you heard home.. this song is very basic so i bet that the mastered version is very basic piano and violin... so that is that... This song is just triads fifths and octaves... VERY VERY basic

Do us all a favor, and just... shut up. So that is not that, because you haven't heard the studio version. You having a live recording that you refuse to share with everyone means jack shit. And stop rubbing it in all of our faces by always popping on by when it's mentioned to tell us all how it sounds, when you should do what any of the rest of us would do and just post the damn thing so we can see how it sounds for ourselves.

:? God. You're completely obnoxious. You of all people should not be talking about Home since you're the one that made a big deal over it in the first place. So just drop it already.

K thx bye.

you telling me what to do means nothing either. I am not trying to rub it in. I just am giving my oppinion... that is what this board is mostaly an oppion pannel. I dont have it anymore on a devise that is capable to sent it to you on... and for the crap i got for it  i dont want to waist the time. You are obnoxious for saying anything... you make it an issue I DON'T I never made a deal about it in the first place- get your facts straight!
peace
s
Peace
-S

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2007, 11:23:55 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

K thx bye.

you telling me what to do means nothing either. I am not trying to rub it in. I just am giving my oppinion... that is what this board is mostaly an oppion pannel. I dont have it anymore on a devise that is capable to sent it to you on... and for the crap i got for it  i dont want to waist the time. You are obnoxious for saying anything... you make it an issue I DON'T I never made a deal about it in the first place- get your facts straight!
peace
s

I have never heard the songs, or was ever in this discussion, but if it were christmas(or hannakuh(or other) presents would you tell us about them before when we were supposed to know?  Even if we asked you not to?  Since you know so much about them you shouldn't ruin the surprise.  It is one thing if you let us open them now and cheat a little on what is supposed to be an event(which is not a good idea.)  But telling us what is in the box before we open it ruins the event but rather also our surprized and anticipation.    So even if we rattle the box and speculate what it is, if you already know what is inside you shouldn't say anything.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 01:24:37 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
I second that.

I third it =]

even though you 'cant' share you shouldn't show off about the song.

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 04:33:07 am »
+1 ! I fourth it

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 12:57:16 pm »
I fifth that

i like how people are telling me the way they want me to act. or what I should do. I think we beath this to death, then gave it 20cc's and beat it to shit then ran over it... get over it. I will send it out when I feel like it, and I don't becuse people here think that it is their right to hear everything... and that gift analogy wtf are you talking about
Peace
-S

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 01:06:32 pm »
I fifth that

i like how people are telling me the way they want me to act. or what I should do. I think we beath this to death, then gave it 20cc's and beat it to shit then ran over it... get over it. I will send it out when I feel like it, and I don't becuse people here think that it is their right to hear everything... and that gift analogy wtf are you talking about

We don't want your lousy recording of Home, we want you to shut up about it. That's all. When Vanessa tours later I'm sure more live recording's of Home will emerge. And I'm glad you feel like it's been beaten to death, because it has, but just know that you've been the main contributor in regards to that beating. Get over yourself. I have nothing else to say to you.

If other people besides myself are telling you to shut up because you're being an obnoxious twat. It means shut the hell up, you're an obnoxious twat.

End of discussion.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 01:22:12 pm »
I fifth that

*hangs head*  I don't think you are really listening to people.  If you gave one minute to figure out why people are acting and saying the things they are you might understand what their perspective is.  You are always able to act the way you want.  We also have the right to say what we think is the right way to act. *shrug*

I don't always do what people say I should do, but I realize they can say what they think I should be doing.  I don't have to follow it.  But they do have that right.

I agree with them, so go figure.  Maybe you should just reread what people have been saying.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 01:27:39 pm »
No! Tylor! I can't believe you edited your post, it was pretty fucking funny.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2007, 03:28:26 pm »
Wow @ this topic.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2007, 03:47:09 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Wow @ this topic.

umm... yeah tell me about it! I think everyone needs to calm down a bit... :)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2007, 05:02:21 pm »
Are we really arguing about House AGAIN? *headdesk* lol

Remember, this is an information thread, not a speculation thread, not an arguing thread, not a "this person sucks because of x, y, z, and f" thread.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 05:39:03 pm »
I just think this whole situation is a terrible mess. If I had heard House, I would give it to everyone else [if I was allowed to]. Blueglove, think of the situation if you were in our shoes. Would you or would you not be yearning for at least a small clip? I'm not saying you're obligated to provide us with samples at all but you can't know how the rest of us feel. You're not in the position to know what it feels like.
You should at least have the decency to not talk about House, seeing as, 1.) none of us can respond with credible feedback and 2.) we'll just be yearning for a clip, which you "tell us to stop asking for" [figuratively speaking] and 3.) it's egotistical, no matter how much you deny it.

I'm sure you'll taken a few tracks for others from the Downloads thread. It was their decision to provide a track [if it was rare etc], and no doubt you said "thanks". When you talk about House, what do you want us to say - oh that's great you have this track and we don't, won't you please tell us more about it so we can yearn some more?

Formerly known as Meraphix

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2007, 08:36:18 pm »
the way i think about sharing songs on the nh boards is the same concept as the "take a penny, leave a penny" at the gas station convenience store. Whenever you're short a few pennies, you take some from the little dish.. BUT whenever you have a few extra pennies, you have a somewhat obligation to the rest of the gas pumping society to leave a few.. it's a give and take situation. The only way the system works is that people openly GIVE and TAKE. Otherwise, you have a breakdown in the cycle. Same thing here... but no biggie i guess.

In my opinion, thats a better analogy than the present one.. no offense, It just confused me lol
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"