Author Topic: Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread  (Read 81051 times)

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 07:55:56 am »
Quote from: "Rainy night"

Rhaaaa I would never wait until October 9 (and I'm sure it wil come out later in Europe  :cry: )...

If it'll be released at all in Europe.. Harmonium never was... I live in Switzerland.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 08:07:49 am »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
no.

that's all i'm going to say about that. the whole reason for my post in the first place, was just to say i'm excited to hear the song.

ok. more apologies  :roll:

it's okay.. i'd just rather not say anything else about it. :peace:
Samuel
(he/him)

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 08:31:41 am »
no.

that's all i'm going to say about that. the whole reason for my post in the first place, was just to say i'm excited to hear the song.

ok. more apologies  :roll:

it's okay.. i'd just rather not say anything else about it. :peace:

awesome  :D
9. Spring Street
10. Wave Goodbye << has Vanessa played these anywhere yet? I havent heard them.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2007, 09:02:19 am »
only two people apparently heard it and i dont think they will post the link.

I heard it but didn't record it so I wouldn't be able to post a link, don't you think??  :lol:
As I remember from it, the song is awesome. If it ends up being on the album, I wonder what it's gonna sound like mastered and everything.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2007, 10:03:10 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
only two people apparently heard it and i dont think they will post the link.

I heard it but didn't record it so I wouldn't be able to post a link, don't you think??  :lol:
As I remember from it, the song is awesome. If it ends up being on the album, I wonder what it's gonna sound like mastered and everything.

hey hey now! 'they' was a word for whoever did/maybe did record it- i dont really know the facts!  :lol: i didnt even know you heard it! how come you did, lucky thing!

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 10:15:56 am »
Ordinaryday6: 1) "house (home?) is apparently an amazing song.. i heard it, but not well, so i'm really excited about it." and then 2) "i didn't hear it.. hence the use of apparently; but i talked to someone who did, and they love it."

^ So, first you say you actually heard it, just not very well. Then you say you didn't actually hear it, a friend did...... I don't know why you are acting dodgy about whether or not you heard the song. The use of the word apparently has no effect on your descriptions of hearing the song in those references.

And I know one person actually had a recording of the song before, but said they were not going to share it because they didn't want to upset Vanessa or something. Honestly, we have tons of bootleg live recordings, they don't harm her or her career. It's not a big deal, I don't know why that person won't just share it.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2007, 10:54:56 am »
hey hey now! 'they' was a word for whoever did/maybe did record it- i dont really know the facts!  :lol:

It's cool, I just wanted to point out that, if I had had the song, I would have shared it right away! ;) (like I did with H&T)

i didnt even know you heard it! how come you did, lucky thing!

Soundcheck at the Giant magazine showcase, back in Oct '06.
Ghisy

Rainy night

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 03:34:15 pm »
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"
Quote from: "Rainy night"

Rhaaaa I would never wait until October 9 (and I'm sure it wil come out later in Europe  :cry: )...

If it'll be released at all in Europe.. Harmonium never was... I live in Switzerland.

hey that's so sad that Harmonium was never released in your country...  :cry:
It was released in Belgium...  
Cannot say I saw much copies of the CD in the shops though...

So I can hope for a Belgium release of HAT, I... guess?  :roll:
Looking at you, holding my breath
For once in my life, I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside...

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 04:07:51 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
hey hey now! 'they' was a word for whoever did/maybe did record it- i dont really know the facts!  :lol:

It's cool, I just wanted to point out that, if I had had the song, I would have shared it right away! ;) (like I did with H&T)

i didnt even know you heard it! how come you did, lucky thing!

Soundcheck at the Giant magazine showcase, back in Oct '06.

Nice Ghisy! I love the way that you wrote that! :wink:

I didn't know about all this either until Ghisy posted something about it on another thread and then I looked it up. Anyone wanting to know the details (and want read a lot of swear words!) follow this link: http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9635&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=blueglove+house

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:53 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Ordinaryday6: 1) "house (home?) is apparently an amazing song.. i heard it, but not well, so i'm really excited about it." and then 2) "i didn't hear it.. hence the use of apparently; but i talked to someone who did, and they love it."

^ So, first you say you actually heard it, just not very well. Then you say you didn't actually hear it, a friend did...... I don't know why you are acting dodgy about whether or not you heard the song. The use of the word apparently has no effect on your descriptions of hearing the song in those references.

And I know one person actually had a recording of the song before, but said they were not going to share it because they didn't want to upset Vanessa or something. Honestly, we have tons of bootleg live recordings, they don't harm her or her career. It's not a big deal, I don't know why that person won't just share it.

i heard it on the house speakers before a third eye blind show. basically the only thing i heard was the word home, so that's how i knew it was the song. sorry for not really counting that as hearing it.

i don't have the song, i haven't heard it besides at the concert, and all i know is it's apparently a really great song. so lighten up. case closed, topic over. k thx bye.
Samuel
(he/him)

majakilmon

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - majakilmon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/killmonm
    • Email
my favs
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2007, 12:29:14 pm »
i love home and my best... :-)
Express Yourself, DOn't Repress Yourself

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
Hey hey majakilmon, don't brag!! ;)
Ghisy

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2007, 02:25:15 pm »
Guys. Do you think Heroes and Thieves will have any Harmonium B-sides (i.e. tracks that didn't make it on the album)? I made a thread recently about the DVD, Pleased to meet you, filled with mysterious tracks and stuff. I'm really hoping to catch a bit of Harmonium in there.

Formerly known as Meraphix

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Re: my favs
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2007, 10:39:41 am »
Quote from: "majakilmon"
i love home and my best... :-)

It's hard waiting for an album when the people who've heard it love it but I know it will be worth waiting for :D ! Is there anything you can tell us about My Best? Can you compare it to any other song or give us a line out of the lyrics? Thanks!  :mrgreen:
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2007, 04:01:09 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"

i heard it on the house speakers before a third eye blind show. basically the only thing i heard was the word home, so that's how i knew it was the song. sorry for not really counting that as hearing it.

i don't have the song, i haven't heard it besides at the concert, and all i know is it's apparently a really great song. so lighten up. case closed, topic over. k thx bye.

she only says home 4 times in the song....and house 2 times... so it is not really that much... nor is it at the main point.. the way the song is she barely can get out the word home. I doubt you heard home.. this song is very basic so i bet that the mastered version is very basic piano and violin... so that is that... This song is just triads fifths and octaves... VERY VERY basic
Peace
-S