Author Topic: All females on the boards  (Read 7829 times)

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
All females on the boards
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »
I had my first pap smear test today and it came back positive....my FIRST test and i'm only twenty

so for all of you ladies out there who don't get regular screening GET TESTED TODAY!!!
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:39 pm »
positive for what?

I already had my pap smear a looong time ago. Its been like over a year since I've been sexually active with anyone. But I'll probably get one in a few months.

are you going to be okay?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 09:10:58 pm »
Pap smear tests having nothing to do with sexual activity, they're used to test cells from the cervix and determine wether they're changing or not. And cells go through a series of changes before they become cancerous, and in this case they'd become cervical cancer. It's completely treatable and non life-threatening if caught early enough.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Re: All females on the boards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:46:38 pm »
Quote from: "jen_spen"
I had my first pap smear test today and it came back positive....my FIRST test and i'm only twenty

so for all of you ladies out there who don't get regular screening GET TESTED TODAY!!!

Shit! Poor Jen. Well I haven't had one yet, actually I went to the doctor for other health reasons and asked him if I could book one, and he told me that we'd sort out the other stuff first, there's no rush! Well, maybe I should get a new doctor.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

jen_spen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:14:32 am »
i tested positive for a high grade lesion which means if left untreated it will turn into cancer.  But seriously that's a shock i've only had sex for two years.  

The lesions can be removed easily, and it's why you get regular pap smears.  They don't know excactly how severe it is just yet, but a high grade lesion means it's progressing to cancerous stage.  It also means that now i have to go back every year now to get tested instead of every second year.

So that's why i'm saying GET TESTED!!!!  Don't put it off for years and years coz if i got a high grade lesion within two years and it's my first test, think of what you could have if you've put it off for like 5 years or if you've never had one!  scary stuff chickies!

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:49:46 am »
My first test was fine, and I know intercourse doesn't really have anything to do with getting tested. Its just if you are active, its a must every year, some women go every few years even if they are or are not active. But since I was 18 I've gotten one every year, and I do need to schedule my next one.

I hope you are going to be alright Jen. Thats terrible. :(

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 03:45:50 pm »
i never been tested 8O

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 08:22:59 pm »
Me either, I'm terrified. I'm sure I'll be going quite soon, and it'd be nice, since my mom and grandma both have endometriosis, to find out if i have it, but Idk it's like one of my biggest fears because I've heard it's painful. Invasion of personal space + pain is not something I am keen on. at all.

jen_spen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 01:03:01 am »
it's not really painful just uncomfortable, i'd say it just feels like a bit of period pain when there getting a sample.  the trick is to just relax when they do it.....otherwise it will be VERY painful!

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 07:53:58 am »
Yeah, I won't be able to relax, I don't think that will be possible, haha.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »
i had my first one when i was FIFTEEN.  and i had my first examination when i was fourteen.  they told me it was necessary for me because i was going to be put on birth control for excessive period cramps. the exams and pap smears are not as bad as it seems, so you shouldn't be too scared.  there is a funny story about it though....

i was having a conversation about normal things with my gynaecologist to make things more comfortable for myself.  specifically, we talked about my high school which is brand new- it was only 2 years old at the time.
when my gynaecologist was looking "down there," she said "yeah it's so beautiful and new!"  of course, i was shocked and a little freaked out.  then she continued "the campus is just so great and clean, how are the teachers?" at which point i understood what she was talking about.
lol

jen, i'm sorry about your test results, but thank god you caught it early.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 06:13:10 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"

i agree... i REALLY loathe the idea of someone who i'm not intimate with inserting something into my vagina!!
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 06:53:43 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"

i agree... i REALLY loathe the idea of someone who i'm not intimate with inserting something into my vagina!!

Its not that bad ladies, when you strain or tense that is when you start to feel a pinching sensation. So you really do have to relax, its not bad at all. :)

Rainy night

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 09:55:19 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
Quote from: "MeganJane"

Its not that bad ladies, when you strain or tense that is when you start to feel a pinching sensation. So you really do have to relax, its not bad at all. :)

Jesus I never been tested either...  8O  It's scary... And I totally feel the same as MeganJane...  :roll:  I know I should do it but I'm scared. Some of my friends have never been tested, some yes. It kinda makes me feel better about this but not really... Sharing your experience opened up my eyes on this actually... We're never safe from anything, but there's way to prevent bad things to happen.

Really hope everything is going to be ok for you Jen...  <3
Looking at you, holding my breath
For once in my life, I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside...

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 12:44:38 am »
are any of you thinking of, or have already gotten the HPV vaccine? you have to do it before youre 26 so i'm going to wait a few years to decide.. also you can't take it if you're on birth control pills (well, i guess you could if you wanted to, but 2 women died because of it) so i'm hesitant to getting it. plus i am so confused about all of the different types of HPV the sexually transmitted kinds, and the harmless ones that 80% of people already have and the ones that cause cancer. too much information to sort out and make a decision! plus it just came out and has only been tested on people for 5 years, so long term side effects could just pop up a few years later...
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven