Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale On The Radio Thread  (Read 44325 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale On The Radio Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2007, 12:25:43 pm »
I am sure once the video comes out it will go back up, can't excpect for it to be this big sensation right away, give it time.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 01:35:43 pm »
Yeah, I think she's just had a slow start ... A very slow start. Hopefully things will pick up once the video hits TV and the real promotion kicks in.

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 07:24:34 pm »
it needs to pick up quickly. It's certainly not taking off like it wouldve back in 99, but this is a different landscape

No one KNOWS about this song though, The Inc aren't going far enough to push it, im hoping that push has yet to come.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 07:53:54 pm »
Could someone please explain what the current landscape is?  And then maybe we can come up with a plan of our own.  I don't actually pay attention to the music business and I know you all have your favorite artists and see what is going on and how things have changed over the years.  It's even a big wonder how I became caught up with VC's music and all.  Even if you are all debating on the current landscape, it would be be constructive and we could come up with something to help this record out.  In addition to what the label is doing.

EDIT:  P.S. It's very easy to get me to be quiet and bug off.

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:20 pm »
radio and the industry now has moved on from this kind of pop. It all has to be slickly produced urban influenced stuff or drastically different indie stuff. There is a market for pop still, but we are talking Hilary Duff kind of bubblepop and dancepop

Alternative Pop music, ala Carlton, Amos, et all, is a very tough sell these days. I believe Tori Amos' latest album has only sold 105,000 copies so far. Tori Amos is a big name in the scene. Her previous record sold nearly that amount in a week.

I think that Dido and Sarah McLachlan are the only two women of their genres who have really succeeded in recent years. But they havent even had to brave the 2005 onwards music scene which has seen a download driven market and a continued drop of sales.

Harmoniums sales in 2004 were disappointing, and they still would be today, but not nearly as much as they were then.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2007, 05:40:22 pm »
^

mmm. true.

fergie's personal is beginning to drive me crazy. that's ALL they play on z100. that and umbrella-ella-ella-a-a.

though indie? not on the radio.
formerly fish_for__stars.

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16:18 pm »
Quote from: "joey"
I heard it on the radio.... :D :D :D :D :D It was like 11.45 a.m. and i was in the car with my dad when the guy on the radio was all like... We have a new music file... and then he goes to introduce her... and says She came out with her debut album....blah blah blah and then says Be Not Nobody at which point I started spazzing out... and then he says its her and this is her new track which he called "Fairytale"... and mentioned Heroes and Theives.... and then he played it ....He freakin well playeed it....

This was a radio station in the United Arab Emirates...(UAE)...Dubai....104.8 channel 4 fm...

It was the happiest moment of my life!!!!!!!

Though he only mentioned ATM to her credit totally neglecting WH... and Harmonium saying she "disappeared".... which was disappointing...

:(

I live in the UAE and am now having an out of body experience.!!!I just came back from vacation and havent listened to the radio much and havent heard it on channel 4 yet.....they only have played a thousand miles here...That's the only radio station people listen to in my area.......this is great!!!!

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:52 pm »
I am sooo MADD!!!
Ive been calling my radio station forever and they finally picked up today!!!
so i called at around 2 and i requested it...and they didnt play it....so i called at about 6:30 and they picked up so i requested it again...THEY DIDNT PLAY IT....so i called at around 10 and they picked up and i requested it again...THEY DIDNT PLAY IT>LOL

so tommorrow i am gunna ask when they are going to be able to play it...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2007, 10:17:22 pm »
well when I call they are like "um...we dont have that song?" they like say it in a question.. so I ask when will you have it and there just like I don't know and than they ask do you have any other song? and I just thinking..um no I called to request a certain song.. agh I hate Chicago radio!! half the crap they play is crap! well to me that is...kiss fm used to be good now they just like burn a cd of 20 songs and just play the dran thing all day over and over agian and b96..don;t get me started on that station. Than there are stations I like like Q101 but they don't play music like Vanessa's than there is the mix but they don't have the song yet either or so they say.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2007, 01:02:01 am »
Quote from: "Journey_to"
Quote from: "joey"
I heard it on the radio.... :D :D :D :D :D It was like 11.45 a.m. and i was in the car with my dad when the guy on the radio was all like... We have a new music file... and then he goes to introduce her... and says She came out with her debut album....blah blah blah and then says Be Not Nobody at which point I started spazzing out... and then he says its her and this is her new track which he called "Fairytale"... and mentioned Heroes and Theives.... and then he played it ....He freakin well playeed it....

This was a radio station in the United Arab Emirates...(UAE)...Dubai....104.8 channel 4 fm...

It was the happiest moment of my life!!!!!!!

Though he only mentioned ATM to her credit totally neglecting WH... and Harmonium saying she "disappeared".... which was disappointing...

:(

I live in the UAE and am now having an out of body experience.!!!I just came back from vacation and havent listened to the radio much and havent heard it on channel 4 yet.....they only have played a thousand miles here...That's the only radio station people listen to in my area.......this is great!!!!

Haha funny thing is I was down in Dubai on vacation... Channel 4 fm does play it... you could ask DJ Moe to play it in the evening...

gotta make them start playing it here... and i dont think its gonna be too far from now...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2007, 04:59:39 am »
Ah..i hate when they do that. I asked for a green day song repetitivly and it never came up >_>.

Oh dear. I hope she does get more recognition soon.

Alli

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - YoungAndUnafraid
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
Haven't heard it hear yet, can only hope it will come.

However, I do wish that this one doesn't do what White Houses did (at least for my school) and become the only song people recognize from the CD. It was on a mix CD we played in Science class when doing labs sometimes, and every time it came on you'd hear about five people going, "Who sings this again?"

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2007, 05:57:41 pm »
so nolita fairytale is now my ringback tone. when people call me, they can hear it!

i'm also changing it to my ringtone.

it's been my ringtone and ringback tone have been white houses for ages. im excited.  :D

charmedguy18

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2007, 06:01:38 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
so nolita fairytale is now my ringback tone. when people call me, they can hear it!

it's been my ringtone and ringback tone have been white houses for ages. im excited.  :D

Ah! It got added to my plan too!! It's so my ringback tone. =]

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2007, 06:02:30 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"

NF is my ringback and ringtone now too! I always look around when I hear it though because I think it's playing on the radio!
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me