Poll

Would you like to see NESSAholics.com become the "Official" Vanessa Carlton Fan Club?

Yes!
43 (87.8%)
no
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: April 08, 2003, 10:47:47 pm

Author Topic: Should NESSAholics.com be the "Official" fan club?  (Read 22335 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Should NESSAholics.com be the "Official" fan club?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 09:11:05 am »
and therefore if the official fan club is on this site, then why the heck should the official website be somewhere else?...this is ridiculous, how can you scatter these things all out like that, i dont see how it would work

and 500 people is NOT a lot, remember the official board has 20000 members, if people actually did something about it they could make a larger more powerful fan club there
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2003, 09:13:04 am »
*in geeky tone* - "I would officially unofficially like to nominate myself as fanclub president" Vote for me People!!!!
 :lol: LOL

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2003, 09:20:45 am »
everyone got really quiet after i annouced my last bit --- ok - i will take that as a no!????

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2003, 09:41:13 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
this site isnt being updated as regularly as it should be if it is going to be the official fan-club --- i mean the central park meet-up isn't even up on events - they isnt a place to download media and view pictures that were not taken by nessaholics which i think is vital now that v-c.net isnt doing thier thing anymore, vfan.com isnt either - the ideas for atr isnt up on the front page - i think some of this stuff should be headlines ----
but thats just opinion...
xoxox
i put yes though

Steph, I have been on vacation and still am actually so I am not up to date on what is all going on but, have you been making these suggestions at the VCUB? I mean that is why we have you, cause we value your input.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2003, 09:45:32 am »
letty - I MEAN THIS SITE NH.com.....

xoxoxo

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2003, 09:46:20 am »
Quote from: "eclv"

I mean that is why we have you, cause we value your input.

That's why you have me????  8O

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2003, 09:51:48 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
Quote from: "eclv"

I mean that is why we have you, cause we value your input.

That's why you have me????  8O

I know that, that is why I asked if you suggested these things to the VCUB.

Yes, you are a giving person, you are insighful, creative etc. etc. Yes, why we have you, is that bad?

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2003, 09:55:23 am »
no not bad i just thought you had me because i was a smart ass!!! :wink:

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2003, 10:31:16 am »
Everyone needs to understadn that the Nessaholics.Com Forum is only one facet of Nessaholics.com.  

So to say that Nessaholics.com shouldn't become the official fan club because it doesn't have 20,000+ members makes no sense.  Nessaholics.com doesn't have "members"  its Forums do.. just like VanessaCarlton.Com does not have members; the VCMB does.

Now it is true that recently, a major focus has been placed on interaction here in the Forums.. so as Steph pointed out, the other areas have sort of gone without updates... but oh my god... who cares?  Joe has put an enormous amout of effort into designing great a great flash intro and a new flash interface.  Most of the NH.Com team has had to put most of their effor into the Forum because, as is evident my those of you voting NO, you don't look much beyond the forum and so that is where they needed to focus at the moment.

When the idea of NESSAholics.Com becoming Vanessa's Official Fan Club was posed on the O-VCMB I thought it was a great idea.  I still think it is.  The official web page serves its purpose to give you a general blanketing of Vanessa... but a fan club needs to take it one step further... and with the people here who actually care and thake the time and effort to work and develop ideas into realities... Vanessa needs this going into VC2... and Personally I think would be stupid not to have NH.Com Official.
-- Jason

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2003, 10:35:18 am »
is the reason for no downloads because of copyright laws? If we were official then we could have that no?

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2003, 10:49:50 am »
I honestly don't see why not. Vanessa, at present, does not have a fan club, she has a fan base and there is a distinct difference. I think people here are very dedicated and to take time, money and effort in setting this up deserves far more than just a quick 'well done' and pat on the back.

The fact that there are no updates recently does not bother me, people do not always have time especially when they are studying and/or modifying the website at the same time. I think this website goes far and beyond the expected and i think we should be grateful for it- and show it by making it a true fan club: With competions, news letters, merch and so on.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2003, 10:51:28 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
and therefore if the official fan club is on this site, then why the heck should the official website be somewhere else?...this is ridiculous, how can you scatter these things all out like that, i dont see how it would work

and 500 people is NOT a lot, remember the official board has 20000 members, if people actually did something about it they could make a larger more powerful fan club there

Pete it's not an option to have it on the official site. It seems that they are not willing to put any effort into an official fan club (it's been several months since they killed the street team and announced 'fan club coming soon'). So, rather than having no fan club, we think it would be better for NH.com to become the official fan club. Because we are willing to put the effort into maintaining a fan club for them.

NOTHING to do with message boards, that would still be the official website, official board, official news section, etc. It would be nice to have an official fan club on the same site, but it aint gonna happen. So we would like NH.com to be that fan club.

-Kev

P.S. Presumably if we were made official there would be a link to us from the official site, so nobody would be missing out on info.

P.P.S Good points Todd. Thanks.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2003, 11:07:41 am »
hmmmm

1. 20000 members? How about the ones that register and never come back?  What about the people with multiple names especially the haters?
2.  So what if some people stopped going to the o-board? Many some people don't have the patience to deal with threads that ask whether VC swallows or spits.  The stuff on that board is out of control.  
3. There was a point made that some people are too lazy to come to a different board.  I know that when I enjoy something enough, going to a different board with more quality would not be an issue.
4. I think the NESSAholics site is outstanding.  People are saying there hasn't been updates, but take a look at VC's official site.  The only update I see is the news  from time to time.  What about a better media section.  Does it still have 8 pictures or so?

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2003, 11:09:48 am »
I voted yes. I can't see why not. As Kev said, there's no official fan club in sight, so why not have it here? This would not be the official page, which would still be VC.com, but it could be the place to get updates on most of the things going on with Vanessa. The o-board has more members, but the ones here are far more dedicated and willing to contribute, plus we have input from all over the world. Basing myself on my experience as o-board poster, and NH.com board poster, I can compare and see the fan club would be much better run by the dedicated fans on this site than by whoever is in charge of her official page. That would still remain there as basic reference (there's her bio there, plus tour dates, etc) but I can't think of a better place than this to run competitions, get concert pics, interact with the NESSAholics (this last bit used to be ok on the other board but it's not anymore), organize meet-ups, etc. Most of that is already going on, but we just need official support.

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

Daniel

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2003, 11:10:32 am »
I voted no.  At the risk of being hated upon and persecuted, I've stated my comments which you can find here:

http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/1403043_flat.html

Daniel