Author Topic: "Making my way down down" ...  (Read 7965 times)

LimeTwister

"Making my way down down" ...
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 07:37:48 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
Wonkies used to joke about how the way she pronounced that part it sounded like "Miga Ma Way" instead of "Makin' my way" and you can even hear that in the Extreme Makeover recording :)

I think it's just a combination of poor enunciation and/or audio from the event.  I do not think, by any means, she is saying "Down Down" intentionally :)

-katia

I miss Wonkies...can you bring him back?

Sharona PianoBea

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • PianoBea Music
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:49 am »
This is probably the reason why Stephan Jenkins spent so much time on her vocals while recording "Harmonium".  :razz:
"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

www.pianobea.com
www.yoursharona.com

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 08:44:31 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
She's already resorted to giving it an alternate title at some shows. :wink:

You mean like "A Thousand F**ing Miles"?  :lol:

That would be the one.

I loved the alternate title.  8)

It wasn't nearly as funny the second time I saw her.  I wish she was more natural in concert... so many of the things she says sound very premeditated.  Forgive me for not remembering any examples  :?

I know what you mean, the song introductions are always told the same way. like Atm about her mom hearing it and the dog barking and the mtv censoring, OD about the 30 minutes writting and her having Add,WTS about being for unnaproved couples, also the irv story about atm,about stevie nicks...but you have to remember, most people in the crowd(except for the nessaholics) don't see her live that often, so for them it's the first time hearing the jokes. And can you you imagine making up different ways to tell stuff with the pressure to entertain different crowds every show?! so of course by the last show of the tour her jokes will sound like an automatic script for those who've already seen her, but for the rest, it will still be the first time.