Author Topic: VC sighting!  (Read 26207 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
V's sister gwen starting singing career?!?
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2007, 04:48:46 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
^ I'm confused! Gwen is not here for us to say hello to. And this is a Vanessa Carlton forum, and a thread in which someone thought that Gwen WAS Vanessa in "disguise". I mean, Gwen is now doing what Vanessa has been doing for years. It's not as if she is trying to be a champion swimmer and we are comparing her to Vanessa. If I had a famous musical brother or sister and I followed in their footsteps by trying to get into music, I'd personally expect the comparisons!

We aren't demeaning Gwen's individuality, it's just that our reference point on this matter is, undeniably, Vanessa Carlton.

I was just stating I understand that point of view.  nolitafairytale2007, just made me start thinking about that.  

I should just stop posting is what I really should do.

Boy of Summer

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thenolitafairyta
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2007, 06:37:45 pm »
i think gwen is FAB

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2007, 07:40:13 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
^ I'm confused! Gwen is not here for us to say hello to. And this is a Vanessa Carlton forum, and a thread in which someone thought that Gwen WAS Vanessa in "disguise". I mean, Gwen is now doing what Vanessa has been doing for years. It's not as if she is trying to be a champion swimmer and we are comparing her to Vanessa. If I had a famous musical brother or sister and I followed in their footsteps by trying to get into music, I'd personally expect the comparisons!

We aren't demeaning Gwen's individuality, it's just that our reference point on this matter is, undeniably, Vanessa Carlton.

I was just stating I understand that point of view.  nolitafairytale2007, just made me start thinking about that.  

I should just stop posting is what I really should do.

Nah, you should just preface what you say with what made you think of it if you think someone might be confused as to who you are responding to!

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2007, 06:41:25 am »
ok, guilty confession (um, hope she isn't reading)

.... i added gwen on myspace....

then all of the sudden (few days later) she leave me a comment saying she likes my music and thanks for making her a top friend...
and i never added her as a top friend???

so, i look at my top friends and something really weird has happened myspace had added like 3 really random people to my top list.
so, now i feel guilty and i actually added her and added 3 more musicans that are friends of mine to my list.

I mean I like her music - i just wouldnt normally add someone so quickly to my list and 98% of my top friends list are friends of mine that i love their music.

Boy of Summer

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thenolitafairyta
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2007, 07:04:15 am »
UMMBERRRRZ!

Im tellin'!

:)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »
Hey guys!

Got another gig in the city!

Next thursday (sept.6) @ 7:00 at the Living Room (address is on my page...just click on it.)

Cant believe that next week is the beg of sept??? how does time fly like that???

Anyways hope to see you guys out next week!!!! :-)
The more the merrier!

xoxo
g

p.s. I will try and get Baby Bush together by then hehe.

that was on a bulliten on myspace.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

nolitafairytale2007

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2007, 03:57:06 pm »
I understand that comparisons between the two are inevitable (especially this being a Vanessa forum) but I just think it would be more respectful if we abstained form saying things like one is better than the other. After all it's already going to be hard enough for her to escape Vanessa's shadow wherever she goes. It was probably hard for her to even make the decision to pursue this new dream of hers...I'm sure she anticipated and was not looking towards the comparisons. I completely understand because I have a twin sister and we get scrutinized by strangers all the time. If they say your sister is better you feel bad...and if they say you're better you still feel bad. Anyway...that's just my humble opinion.

All I say is more power to both sisters! I LOVE V but I'm open to giving Gwen's music a chance too!

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2007, 04:54:11 pm »
Anyone else notice that Gwen cut out Vanessa in the picture of her together?
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2007, 09:25:02 pm »
Maybe she performed under Gwen Carlton because she figured if she used her real name, nobody would want to go see her?

marxu

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2007, 10:46:39 pm »
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Maybe she performed under Gwen Carlton because she figured if she used her real name, nobody would want to go see her?

Do you really think so? It doesn't make any sense..V is a well-known musician and i think there are many people who would love to see her performing..besides, has she ever given a concert to an empty hall?!
It's great that Gwen is performing, because she has a lot of potential as a musician, but it's definately harder for her..maybe that's why she cut V out - she wants people to like her (and her music) because of herself not just because she's V's sister. pshhhh..so confusing =/

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2007, 08:44:51 am »
I don't feel bad saying that I prefer Vanessa's music compared to the songs of Gwen's that are on her myspace right now. Just as I'd critique any artist, it's not rude to say that Gwen has potential but needs some serious vocal training if she wants to go farther in the music business. It's true! No need to sugar coat!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2007, 09:11:06 am »

Hold on for a minute there: Gwen is Vanessa's sister so her last name is also Carlton, right?
I'm confused by your statement.  :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:15 am »
oooh, she can sing quite well =] i was expecting her voice to be similar to Vanessa's but its completely different. Not as good of course but still nice =]

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:39 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

Hold on for a minute there: Gwen is Vanessa's sister so her last name is also Carlton, right?
I'm confused by your statement.  :?

Just ask Cheryl Tweedy

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2007, 02:48:12 pm »
Her singing isn't quite on the same level as Vanessa's but her piano is pretty close. Singing can be improved with practice so it isn't like something that can't get fixed. She's not Sanjaya at least!