Author Topic: It's leaked  (Read 75884 times)

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
It's leaked
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2007, 08:36:22 pm »
ya im not too big of a fan of this time either.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

jim841

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2007, 10:11:01 pm »
I don't like the arrangement of HOM... maybe I'm too used to the acoustic version but it seems overproduced here.

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's leaked
« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2007, 11:25:54 pm »
I love every single song on this, but The One just gets on my nerves, but i still like it :).

Spring Street, Fools Like Me, More Than This hands down my faves.

Spring Street took a while to grow on me, but i guess thats just bevuase i was so excited to listen to the other songs, i didn't really listen to Spring Street as well. But it's so good.

Listening to More Than This makes me so emotional... Both my grandads were in war, and when she sings about Heroes and soldiers will come home, i just get so teary... I miss them so much... And one of them died before i was born.. Which makes me so sad  :?
But the end of More Than This is my fave. When her dog barks, always raises my spirits  :D

Fools Like Me was always a fave.

Zloska_of_yy

• MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2007, 04:51:16 am »
I really like this album, though I like some songs more than others (duh, I know).

Thumbs up to:
More Than This (I just cannot get over how great this song is, I get a rush everytime the choir kicks in)
Home (was not a big favourite, but now I really see how great it is)
Fools Like Me (always liked it and like the new version even more)
Come Undone (really impressed with the vocals on this song and it sounds very contemporary, could be a hit in a different version)
Hands On Me (so different from before, but love it)
Heroes and Thieves (the Ordinary Day of the album, very uplifting)
Nolita Fairytale (Great introduction for her new sound and think that the lyrics "hope you feel just like I feel I found some kind of fairytale" summarize the feel and message of the entire album)

Thumbs down:
This Time (weakest track on the album I think, seems as Vanessa already moved on musically and this track just does not fit in. Besides I don't like the vocals, they are off)

Undecided:
Spring Street (like it, but am afraid that it gets old quickly because it's basically the same structure that gets repeated during the entire song, whereas the other songs are much more dynamic, do like the subdued (sp??) quality of the song)
My Best (Is growing on me, can't say more)
The One (Never liked it that much and have to say that I still don't like it. However I don't dislike it. About Stevie's vocals: they are flat, but they do not really bother me. She sounds like when you play a song on a higher speed, the vocals get all high-pitched and chipmunky. She sounds like that, but then on normal speed. Hope this makes sense.)

Wow, long post, sorry to bore y'all.
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2007, 05:15:52 am »
Just finished listening to it and it's so beautiful! I can't wait to buy it! The only thing I missed was how simple the piano was in some of the songs...apart from Home that was just wow...incredible!

xoxo

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
It's leaked
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2007, 05:40:25 am »
I give a thumbs up to

Nolita

Come Undone (This song reminds me of Clarity by John Mayer. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's sort of simple and has a very emphatic, almost staccato, beat to it).

The One (I really like Stevie's vocals, unlike most. However, I think she sings too much. I think she could've been used a little less and been more effective. I know, I know, she shouldn't have been used at all, I get the point. Yes, her voice is low. That's what Stevie Nicks sounds like. What did everyone expect?)

Heroes and Thieves (OMG cello)

Fools Like Me (Not sure I dig the whistling intro, but this song is amazing nonetheless).

Home (I bawled when I first listened to this. It is absolutely gorgeous and the last verse, where everything cuts out but the piano and she slows down, it's so simple. It really makes me feel her definition of what a true home is. And I love the outro).

More Than This (One of the best songs we have ever heard from Vanessa. It is an incredible achievement, imo).

Thumbs down to

Spring Street (Just as I remembered it. It's so boring. But I think the beat in the background is very reminiscent of The Eagles).

Thumbs sideways (lol) to

Hands On Me (I still wish she would've called it Put Your Hands On Me, and I agree, it switched moods entirely from her live performances to the album. I liked it more live, when it was more desperate and melancholy).

My Best (Eh. She expressed that it was so great at one point, but I think it's just okay. It might grow on me. The lyrics are nice but overall it's just average).

This Time (Her voice is so HARSH in this song. Way too harsh. All Is Well should have been here instead).
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Zloska_of_yy

• MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2007, 05:53:40 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

This Time (Her voice is so HARSH in this song. Way too harsh. All Is Well should have been here instead).

Totally agree on this one, although I would have chosen Best Behaviour I think.
But All is Well would fit in better with the concept of the album.

I just want to hear a studio version of both.....

Vanessa if you are reading this..... you know what would make a lot of people very happy  :wink:
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2007, 06:06:44 am »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"
Quote from: "amberbeads"

Totally agree on this one, although I would have chosen Best Behaviour I think.
But All is Well would fit in better with the concept of the album.

I just want to hear a studio version of both.....

Vanessa if you are reading this..... you know what would make a lot of people very happy  :wink:

I was sad that Best Behaviour AND All is well were not on the album.  :cry: I love both songs so much!

xoxo

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's leaked
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2007, 06:52:01 am »
Upon first listen, I was very disappointed and a little devastated (especially by My Best and Come Undone.)

Now, I am glad to report, I am loving it more and more. Hands on Me, The One, Heroes and Thieves, This Time, Fools Like Me, and More Than This blew me away. The more I listen to My Best, the more I like it. I like the melody and the sentiment a lot. Come Undone...eh. I still have to listen some more. And as for Spring Street, I love the lyrics. Very touching. Although the "na na na na's" don't annoy me, I still wish there was more of a chorus. And I wish it actually had a beat too. But it's still good.

More Than This, Heroes and Thieves, and Fools Like Me are my favorites.

More Than This is THE BEST SONG VANESSA HAS EVER WRITTEN. Period. It is the song of her career. When I heard it, I was literally sobbing like a newborn baby, the tears streaming down my cheeks like a river. All I can say is, thank you, Vanessa, for writing this song. It has saved me.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Journey_to

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2007, 06:52:55 am »
i personally liked this time before i heard the album version, which bugs me somehow....the emotion seems to be gone...i think she had 2 amazing alternatives and should have included them, either in the stead of this time or with it.
I think i also have to let it grow on me.......i let that occur with spring street and hands on me(album version) and really love them now...
Hands on me...originally i wanted to slam my head into the wall.but something told me to listen to it again, and i realized how well the song went with the way she did it...and i was pleased..i'll still love the US open version though ....

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:34 am »
Am I the only one who loves 'this time'??  :lol:

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
It's leaked
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2007, 07:14:58 am »
0h i really want t0 listen t0 the album s0 bad!!!!

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2007, 07:43:08 am »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"

Well I don't love it but I do like it a lot! I just wish another song was put in its place!

xoxo

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2007, 08:53:20 am »
Quote from: "vanessafan18"
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"

Well I don't love it but I do like it a lot! I just wish another song was put in its place!

xoxo

yeah, me too. Although "The One" and "This Time" kinda seem like sisters to me. and "Home" is like the favorite child, while Nolita is the sports star.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:19 am »
i'm debating whether to actually listen to it now that i have it, haha