Author Topic: Heroes and Thieves (album)  (Read 16492 times)

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Heroes and Thieves (album)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 07:17:10 pm »
I think Nolita was the perfect first single. It may not be typical, but it set up the whole album.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 01:30:00 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
Quote from: "ManuelD"
Am I the only one who things that the "na na na" in Spring Street is kinda annoying, but the lyrics is amazing!  :lol:

I didn't like it the first time, but now I love it.

that might work!

I love them! =] thats just me though

everyone changes, friends become starngers love that line.

I only listened to the album once, then I deleted all the songs. but I will wait until its realesed to do it again!  :D

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 05:33:32 pm »
my friend just said she heard Hands On Me at Superstore. :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

janwar

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - janwar_carlton
    • View Profile
Heroes & Thieves
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:57 pm »
Hi..All

Oh...My God

H&T is the Best Album That "V" ever made..

Glad To Hear That Album even though with the copy of cd (illegal)..Hehe3x

I Like most of all but the first still Nolita Fairytale (of Course), Home or The One (Hope That Will Be 2nd Single)

but I'm sorry to say...I don't really like Spring Street...

Can't Wait To Buy Te Legal One...^_^

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 03:10:34 am »
Personally,I now think Harmonium and Heroes and Thieves are deserving of equal love from me....But i love them for different reasons: Heroes and thieves to me is alot about evaluation and self realization, while harmonium was about the lyrics and  life in general( not specifying like H& T did)...

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »
On Tuesdays right after school, we have choir rehearsal, but I asked our choir director if my friend (another huge VC fan as most of my friends are) could run across the street to Barnes and Noble and then run back and get back before 3:15.

He's like "What's being released? Interpol? Va..."
Me: "Vanessa Carlton's new CD yeah!"

He said it was fine! ahahahaha, he's the coolest guy ever.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

MusicMelOU

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 11:22:49 am »
Ok, y'all, I am gonna be completely honest....

Vanessa is very talented and it shines through in this album, and since this is her work of art and if she's happy with it, then mission accomplished.

However, I personally found the album to be somewhat disappointing.  Not because of Vanessa's abilities or anything like that, but because of my personal preferences when it comes to music.  The Vanessa stuff that I like the most are the dark, piano-heavy songs such as "Half a Week Before the Winter", "Papa", and "Wanted".  So, to find that this album didn't contain any songs like these to balance all the "happier" sounding songs, I am a bit disappointed.  

Not saying it's bad...it's good, but it was just missing the Vanessa sound that I love the most.

azucarsabroso

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 05:58:47 pm »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
Am I the only one who things that the "na na na" in Spring Street is kinda annoying, but the lyrics is amazing!  :lol:

I don't like too much the vocals in The one.

I'm loving "My best"  :!:

The nanana's don't annoy me much... but the story is touching!
Home's outro is HOTT. Piano skillz much?!
The new songs Come Undone is amazing!
My Best sounds a little bit like a children's rhyme! It's so cute but lyrics are goood.
My fave (production wise) is Heroes and Thieves, definitely captures the OD sound, like someone on this board predicted...

Double Thumbs up, two more for big toes! LOL

Definitely deserves a Grammy!

i feel the same...wen i first listened 2 spring street i teared up...shows how much of a man i am lol but ya...ok i kno im gonna get iced 4 this but i cannot stand more than this...i love everything else but not that....its wierd

azucarsabroso

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 06:00:55 pm »
Quote from: "MusicMelOU"

Vanessa is very talented and it shines through in this album, and since this is her work of art and if she's happy with it, then mission accomplished.

However, I personally found the album to be somewhat disappointing.  Not because of Vanessa's abilities or anything like that, but because of my personal preferences when it comes to music.  The Vanessa stuff that I like the most are the dark, piano-heavy songs such as "Half a Week Before the Winter", "Papa", and "Wanted".  So, to find that this album didn't contain any songs like these to balance all the "happier" sounding songs, I am a bit disappointed.  

Not saying it's bad...it's good, but it was just missing the Vanessa sound that I love the most.

me 2...but since the last album had a lot of dark songs and did not do so good on the market mayb she tought "i should make happy songs" its watever sells... but she should have made at least one depressing song cuz they re so awesome...like Paradise :D

azucarsabroso

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 06:02:23 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
On Tuesdays right after school, we have choir rehearsal, but I asked our choir director if my friend (another huge VC fan as most of my friends are) could run across the street to Barnes and Noble and then run back and get back before 3:15.

He's like "What's being released? Interpol? Va..."
Me: "Vanessa Carlton's new CD yeah!"

He said it was fine! ahahahaha, he's the coolest guy ever.

hahaha thats funny

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 06:02:29 pm »
or maybe she's just happier?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 06:59:56 pm »
Although the comparisons to her other albums are inevitable, I really wish they would stop.  
Sure, Be Not Nobody and Harmonium were excellent albums, but let's give Vanessa a clean slate for this CD.  I think these from H&T are amazing even in comparison to the other two albums, but they really deserve to be recognized as a batch of songs, not just some more Vanessa Carlton songs.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

**Ann-Marie89**

• MSN Messenger - buttaflikat@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 03:20:03 am »
Quote from: "azucarsabroso"
Quote from: "MusicMelOU"

me 2...but since the last album had a lot of dark songs and did not do so good on the market mayb she tought "i should make happy songs" its watever sells... but she should have made at least one depressing song cuz they re so awesome...like Paradise :D

*Agrees* Yep and Albredi agreed too! Its not just us ;)

But to be honest, listen to it like 20 times and you'll start to like them more. The new stuff isn't bad- just different. (I didn't like it at first, i was mad :@ like someone took nessa away!!) haha
But the others are right, she had to do something different, or else it wouldn't sell...

Katherine Ann Marie xox
**Ann-Marie like a mirror of what you wanna be**

*Tutorials* and Nessa Song Demonstrations of Accurate Transcriptions from Me, Myself and I, as well as Pianobea, Blueglove and Maag (mentioned on each song where applicable) on Youtube! Yay!! (Go See! ^_^)

http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:53:22 am »
I don't think she really cares about selling well anymore really...i think she is now more about the music....
I personally think the differences in sound might be because of how she's feeling right now..not because of her wanting to sell well....to me, this album is not more commercial, it's more nessa...

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 06:26:58 am »
Quote from: "azucarsabroso"
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"

I don't like too much the vocals in The one.

I'm loving "My best"  :!:

The nanana's don't annoy me much... but the story is touching!
Home's outro is HOTT. Piano skillz much?!
The new songs Come Undone is amazing!
My Best sounds a little bit like a children's rhyme! It's so cute but lyrics are goood.
My fave (production wise) is Heroes and Thieves, definitely captures the OD sound, like someone on this board predicted...

Double Thumbs up, two more for big toes! LOL

Definitely deserves a Grammy!

i feel the same...wen i first listened 2 spring street i teared up...shows how much of a man i am lol but ya...ok i kno im gonna get iced 4 this but i cannot stand more than this...i love everything else but not that....its wierd

Now I love the 'na na na'