Author Topic: VANESSA ON TRL!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 44802 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
VANESSA ON TRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2007, 02:14:33 pm »
I just thought it was funny out of all the MTV's, they had her do a commercial for Arabia, lol. I knew there are like 6367653 versions of MTV in many countries.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2007, 07:13:29 pm »
My favorite part of the interview was where the host asked her what the "take away my record deal" line meant.  My fiance was watching with me, and we just looked at each other and started cracking up.

I would have loved it if Vanessa had kept a straight face and said "It means take away my record deal, go on, I don't need it."  Is there really that much subtext there?

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2007, 08:16:24 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
And I didn't really get to say hi, when she left I did wave and she waved and smiled but there really was no time for me to do so.  They're pretty strict about things.  It sucked.  Met her plenty of times though so it's fine.

We'll we're glad you were there to REPRESENT!!  :)

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2007, 09:26:23 pm »
that was hot.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2007, 09:38:30 pm »
Quote from: "nonotmebob"
http://www.camfans.org/trl.php

Direct YOUTUBE LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csu-eyZq6D4

thanks for the link.

damien: "is she going gangster?"  :roll: wow.

other than that i thought it was a good interview. didn't really find damien annoying like most of you guys did. i dont watch TRL, but yeah i thought it was kind of funny she seemed to not mind his jokes. thats just what i think though *shrug*

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2007, 11:10:58 pm »
NNNNNIIIICCCEEE!!!

:-) Thanks for the link.

What's up with the MTV Arabia?
I would just like to say, I introduced Harmonium into Lebanon :-) hahah.

Nice one Gina!!! That's so cool!!!

Thanks for the link. The host was annoying .. Vanessa was so cool ...

Why didn't she say her record label dropped her?
Though I do like this interpretation of the "take away my record label" line.

What's this about a couple?
She's now dating the record producer?

Note for the guys .. if you want Vanessa to date you, become a producer!!

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:30 pm »
^ No, she isn't. She said that he was just her boss.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2007, 11:50:02 pm »
Quote from: "B"
I just thought it was funny out of all the MTV's, they had her do a commercial for Arabia, lol. I knew there are like 6367653 versions of MTV in many countries.

True. Gina is right though- what the hell is 'Arabia'? Do they broadcast to the whole of the middle east and miss out Iran!? All very odd...
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2007, 05:34:54 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

True. Gina is right though- what the hell is 'Arabia'? Do they broadcast to the whole of the middle east and miss out Iran!? All very odd...

Exactly.  I knew that there were a million MTV's out there but "Arabia"... why would they call it that?  And Like Rosie said, is it broadcast through the entire middle east?  Just strange.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:49 am »

Exactly.  I knew that there were a million MTV's out there but "Arabia"... why would they call it that?  And Like Rosie said, is it broadcast through the entire middle east?  Just strange.

I'm sure MTV Arabia broadcasts to places such as Dubai, which is a huge commercial metropolis now. It annoys me that when people think of the Middle East they just think of Iraq, Iran and people living in caves. They're not as backward as you think they are.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2007, 10:16:00 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I'm sure MTV Arabia broadcasts to places such as Dubai, which is a huge commercial metropolis now. It annoys me that when people think of the Middle East they just think of Iraq, Iran and people living in caves. They're not as backward as you think they are.

I think what we mean is that 'Arabia' is a very abstract term for the region. Iran is not technically classed as an 'Arab' country so dos MTV Arabia broadcast there? I don't think many people think of the middle east as 'people living in caves'. The middle east had some of the earliest civilisations and has the most amazing wealth of history.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Bar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2007, 10:24:07 am »
Ugh the only day that has TRL was yesterday soo I watched it and it was another show!
I mean it was TRL but Vanessa was'nt there  :?
oh well , nevermind..
thanks for the vid !
loved itt (:
fools never ask,afraid what lurks in your mind

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2007, 02:43:34 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I think what we mean is that 'Arabia' is a very abstract term for the region. Iran is not technically classed as an 'Arab' country so dos MTV Arabia broadcast there? I don't think many people think of the middle east as 'people living in caves'. The middle east had some of the earliest civilisations and has the most amazing wealth of history.

Iran isn't an arab country at all, Iranians are indo-european, they're not arab. But people are really ignorant and don't realize that, thus I made the statement about people not knowing anything and lumping everything together. And you'd be surprised as to how many people think arab people live in caves, my family is from Africa and people ask if my family used to live in straw huts CONSTANTLY, there are cities in Africa with skyscrapers, and people don't even realize that. People also ask if I'm adopted because I'm white, it's pretty sad/funny.

But MTV Arabia may very well broadcast to Iran, I dunno. Anyone in Iran that could tell us? lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
That's what I'm speaking about, I think it's the ignorance of the name that bothered me.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2007, 01:52:40 am »
That's what I'm speaking about, I think it's the ignorance of the name that bothered me.

Meh, I just think of "Arabia" as a reference to anyone who speaks Arabic - What else would you call them? They spread on 3 continents .. but they speak the same language ... it's better than Middle Eastern don't you think? I find that Middle Eastern makes no sense .. maybe it's just me.

Iranians don't speak Arabic. Many countries in the African continent sa Egypt and Libya do .. Tunisia Morocco also do .. Gulf countries such as The U.A.E and Saudi ..
So Arabic people are Arabians.

I think I heard that a U.A.E based group won the license over a Saudi based group .. they will have offices in Dubai and Cairo, and will also open up offices in Beirut and Jordan. Lebanon is the capital of cool let me say.
This group has it satelittes sending all over the Arabic speaking countries above.

There's already a HUGE Arabic music scene .. it's massive .. and has a kajillion music stations for Arabic singers .. apparently this new MTV will introduce hip hop and fusion sthg.
I suppose it can't hurt to have another music television station :-)
(.. Pimp my Camel!! Ok that's very sterotypical and not funny :-) hee hee)

Australia doesn't get American MTV we get out very own #(*^ version .. with the worse segments such as My Sweet 16 and stupid things like that.
Not TRL and no Cribs ..

so anyway, thanks for posting the youtube link :-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni