Author Topic: VANESSA ON TRL!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 44780 times)

Stromata

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
VANESSA ON TRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2007, 12:53:33 pm »
if it's taped then how are the votes actually taken into account fairly? if i vote for a video today then it doesn't matter because tomorrow's TRL was taped like last week. also i heard they tape two shows on the same day, so what, do they just, decide how the videos are going to change for the next day?

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 02:45:18 pm »
Quote from: "Stromata"
if it's taped then how are the votes actually taken into account fairly? if i vote for a video today then it doesn't matter because tomorrow's TRL was taped like last week. also i heard they tape two shows on the same day, so what, do they just, decide how the videos are going to change for the next day?

TRL has always been rigged. Fans of my favorite group protested outside mtv during TRL one day because we know the voting system is rigged. We were calling sooo much, but they got so sick of us calling so they took it off the damn countdown lol. even had one of the singers try to call in the show but they didn't want the audience at home to know what was going on because they know its true that the show is rigged! sorry I hate TRL. No matter how many times we vote her video probably wont even get on cuz all they play is damn hip-hop now or rock groups with whiny voices.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 02:56:21 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
That is weird.  TRL stands for "Total Request Live".  Is it not live anymore...seriously?

You're mistaken.  TRL stands for Total Retards Live!   :D

Of course, I do not refer to Nessa fans.........

Dan/NS

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 02:56:52 pm »
LMAO.:D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2007, 05:52:31 pm »
It really pisses me off that they still call it TRL & actually say they are live (I saw the beginning today)...that is a blatant lie!  It started as simply "Total Request" and wasn't live back then.  Why can't they just do that again?  God, it's annoying.

But YAY for promoting V.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Stromata

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2007, 08:40:34 pm »
i always thought it was rigged because i'm registered at mtv.com [which you have to be to vote] and whenever i've voted, it's never given me a prompt to write a comment, yet there's always comments on the screen when they play the videos? although recently i've noticed there aren't any comments, so maybe they realized people were figuring it out.

mtv in general has gone down the shithole. now all they play are marathons of shows that never aired on their network to begin with like america's next top model and so you think you can dance.

the only show mtv has going for it right now is the hills. and when the hills is your only redeemable programming, you know you're in trouble.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »
^hey the real world & life of ryan are good shows too haha

but yeah your right like justin timberlake said at the vma's, they need to play MUSIC. those shows should be on a reality network.

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 10:14:53 pm »
There was a Mariah fiasco? Oooh. Dishy.

And yet somehow I'm not surprised.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2007, 10:48:50 pm »
"TRL" along with mtv has gone to the crapper. I probably won't watch but it will be nice to hear about the update and what went on.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:24 pm »
Quote from: "MyMelody"
There was a Mariah fiasco? Oooh. Dishy.

And yet somehow I'm not surprised.

ha yeah..if i remember correctly she brought a cart (like the rolley kind people have out on the streets or something like that) of popsickles for the whole audience & surprised them. she said carson knew she was coming, but  he acted surprised.

then she ended up in the hospital like the next day or something for exhaustion & everyone thought her appearance on TRL was really weird. i dont remember why people went crazy over it, but you can probably find it on youtube, just type "mariah trl breakdown" or something lol

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2007, 08:59:44 am »
It was soooo lame.  My boyfriend and I were laughing the entire time.  You could tell Vanessa didn't want to be there, and Damien was kind of mocking her and being a total jerk the whole time.  I love the fact that they already had the top 10 picked out 2 days in advance.  It's ridiculous.  I already knew I hated TRL but man, I lost any respect that I still had left for it.  Also, they already had the videos picked out for Wednesday and they did an actual live show for yesterday AFTER they taped Wednesdays show.  Come on.  It's Total Request LAME.  I already knew this though.  V was trying so hard to actually relay some quality information when Damien was asking questions but he just kept trying to crack stupid jokes.  I felt so bad for her.  She didn't perform, just an interview and the premiere of the video.  So yeah, when you guys watch it tomorrow, feel free to laugh at me and my boyfriend because we were being dumb and laughing the entire time because of how insanely ridiculous it was.  In any case it was nice to see her, she looked gorgeous.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2007, 09:36:52 am »
Thanks for the report G.  I used to worship TRL in high school, back when it was good, but I haven't watched it in YEARS.  I'll wait for the You-Tube video.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2007, 10:57:52 am »
That sounds really lame, lol.

Then again, when we're talking about MTV I don't expect much else.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2007, 11:39:13 am »
like i said, TRL is RIGGED.

we should protest lol jk. fans of my favorite group might not even bother voting after i tell them how ridgged it really is..that just confirmed it for me.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2007, 12:16:54 pm »
poor v.