Author Topic: Show in Alexandria  (Read 8560 times)

ukcatsfan34

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Show in Alexandria
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:27:30 pm »
What a great show!!!! It has been forever since I have seen her live. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! Even the little mishaps here and there all made the show feel like it came from the heart.

I think I have decided that I like "Golden Boy" much better when it's just her singing. No offence to Stevie Nicks, I just think it sounds better.
Anybody else?

UltimateVC

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Great Show
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:41:54 pm »
OK so I just came back a few minutes ago from the show are it was great. I will put the list of songs up later, but she was awesome. Poor Vanessa has strep throat know, so it must have been hard. After the show, when she was signing stuff, I told her she should record Quail Dude Squaw, and she said "hah I remember that old song." Anyways, for others who went I was a tall guy in a blue hollister jacket. I sat by the back by the doors close to the restrooms. Just as a question to others there, was anyone there with their mom and was wearing a hanson shirt and a pink purse with the letter a on it. If you were I saw you. I was the guy like right behind you while we were waiting for autographs. - Jus curious b/c I think i heard them say that they were onthe boards. Bye.
And now you look at me
And see what I've known for so long
It's sad that you can be
So lovely, yet so wrong

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
11/21/2007: Birchmere - Alexandria, VA (review)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 12:03:42 am »
Oh yeah, "Quail Dude Squar" would be good!

Glad the show rocked!!

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 05:26:43 am »
This show was AMAZING!!

First off, I owe a big thank you to the Birchmere staff because I started off sitting back in a corner at a table by myself and one of the waiters found me a spot 4 chairs away from the stage right in front of Vanessa!!!  Believe it or not but even better than that was I ended up sitting with some awesome people and avid VC fans - Rebecca, Josh, V (for Villarreal), and Graham, and I got to meet Nicole (again) and Ghisy (for the first time).  I have to say, hanging out with you guys made the whole night so much more awesome!!

Let's see.  Highlights...

- V said this would be the last show that Skye Steele would be playing at, which is a shame because he was great and the violin added so much to the performance.
- She had a guest cellist on a couple of songs.  His name is Ben and he's only 16, but he was awesome!!
- We had a percussionist for NF!!
- After the show V was so sweet.  There was a whole crowd waiting at the back door for her to come out.  We waited 45 minutes or so, but she came out and signed autographs for everyone who had waited, even though she was sick and it was the day before Thanksgiving.  I was SO nervous when I met her I said something silly like "Thanks so much for coming to D.C." and I couldn't even look at her!!   :oops:   *lol*

This was definitely one of the best nights of my life, not only because of Vanessa and her music but because I was able to share it with some awesome Nessa fans!!  Thanks so much, guys!

Setlist:

White Houses
Heroes & Thieves
Hands on Me
Ordinary Day
My Best
C'est La Vie
Who's to Say
Half a Week Before the Winter
The One
A Thousand Miles
All is Well
Fools Like Me
Home

*encore*
Nolita Fairytale
More Than This

*EDIT:  I've added audio and pictures...
Go here http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/walking_in_the_rain/VC%20at%20the%20birchmere%2011-21-07/ for pics...

and here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAIHGBEU to download the audio of the whole show.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:35:26 am »
Thanks for the reviews! :D

LOL, squeaky pedal.  :lol:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 09:59:43 am »
Quote from: "walking in the rain"
This show was AMAZING!!

First off, I owe a big thank you to the Birchmere staff because I started off sitting back in a corner at a table by myself and one of the waiters found me a spot 4 chairs away from the stage right in front of Vanessa!!!  Believe it or not but even better than that was I ended up sitting with some awesome people and avid VC fans - Rebecca, Josh, V (for Villarreal), and Graham, and I got to meet Nicole (again) and Ghisy (for the first time).  I have to say, hanging out with you guys made the whole night so much more awesome!!

Let's see.  Highlights...

- V said this would be the last show that Skye Steele would be playing at, which is a shame because he was great and the violin added so much to the performance.
- She had a guest cellist on a couple of songs.  His name is Ben and he's only 16, but he was awesome!!
- We had a percussionist for NF!!
- After the show V was so sweet.  There was a whole crowd waiting at the back door for her to come out.  We waited 45 minutes or so, but she came out and signed autographs for everyone who had waited, even though she was sick and it was the day before Thanksgiving.  I was SO nervous when I met her I said something silly like "Thanks so much for coming to D.C." and I couldn't even look at her!!   :oops:   *lol*

This was definitely one of the best nights of my life, not only because of Vanessa and her music but because I was able to share it with some awesome Nessa fans!!  Thanks so much, guys!

Setlist:

White Houses
Heroes & Thieves
Hands on Me
Ordinary Day
My Best
C'est La Vie
Who's to Say
Half a Week Before the Winter
The One
A Thousand Miles
All is Well
Fools Like Me
Home

*encore*
Nolita Fairytale
More Than This

*EDIT:  I've added audio and pictures...
Go here http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/walking_in_the_rain/VC%20at%20the%20birchmere%2011-21-07/ for pics...

and here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAIHGBEU to download the audio of the whole show.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!

oh, wow thank you so much... <3
it's so beautiful :cry:  SO, SO BEAUTIFUL!
 :D

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:35:44 am »
Wow sounds like a great night! :D
What's the quality of the audio like?

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:49:05 am »
The Audio link does not work.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

maag

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 12:00:01 pm »
It worked for me. It sounds really fine! Thanks a lot!

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 01:01:28 pm »
Thanks for the pictures and audio!

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 01:40:44 pm »
THANKS SOOO MUCH walking in the rain :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 01:41:11 pm »
That "White Houses" intro was awesome!

KeyboardGuy90

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
OMG
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 03:14:46 pm »
Oh my gosh... this show was amazing. I absolutely had an amazing time and the violin/cello/drums really added to the show. And the squeaky pedal bit was HILARIOUS. O. M. G.

Haha not that I've ever been to a VC show before, but I have seen YouTube videos and other such things, and this was far better than most I have ever seen. So yeah. If anybody was over on the house left side I was the tall blond kid in a green polo shirt. I also cheered a lot. haha.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 03:38:56 pm »
OMG, the show was AMAZING!! She was perfect and awesome as usual. Home was breath taking live. The outro was incredible.
Skye, Ben, and the drummer were also great. The whole squeeky pedal bit was really funny. She was like "I can't play this with the f*cking squeeky pedal." Then Mark came and just took it off and she was like "that's great, just cut it off at the limb."
It was also so cool to finally get to meet her after! I had her sign my setlist and I couldn't think of anything to say so I told her "The show was really great" and she looked at me and smiled and said thank you. All in all it was a spectacular night.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 04:05:13 pm »
i am so glad i went. thank you to the VC gods for a ticket. :) i'm so glad i went. thanks to ghisy for being my concert pal. i'm so sad my shows are over for now. :(
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson