Author Topic: New York Post-Page 6  (Read 6143 times)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:27:03 pm »
New York Post, Friday, November 23, 2007.

Anti-coherent

Pop sensation Vanessa Carlton is the most recent in a long line of celebs to use the "antibiotics" excuse made famous by avid Hasselhoff.  A tired and emotional Carlton preformed at Joe's Pub on Tuesday night and "was all over the place," according to one ticket holder.  "She was babbling incoherently and blaming it on antibiotics.  She forgot her song lyrics several times and even stopped singing completely during one song." A re for the 27-year-old starlet, most famous for her hit "A Thousand Miles," could not be reached."

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 12:31:53 pm »
LOL, also  :roll:.

Just hearing the audio from Birchmere I could tell she is sick, so it wouldn't surprise me if she were taking something for it.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

charmedguy18

New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 01:41:06 pm »
Sounds like being a little drunk to me. XD lol

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
That is amusing... i think when you're a performer and you get sick on tour, you're kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't.  What i mean by that is, if she were to cancel any of the dates she would receive negative press and people would be upset so instead performers usually try to take meds often putting themselves at risk to get better and still be able to perform.  However then they receive negative feedback about their performance.

oh well.  Vanessa always seems to end up touring in the winter, and she has been so nice meeting fans after shows (and i'm sure some of them have been sick) this was bound to happen.  I hope she gets better soon and is able to get some rest yesterday and today.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:04:39 pm »
i can't believe she got a negative review for that. i've seen her 41 times and this joe's pub concert was definitely my favorite out of ANY of them. i can't even put it into words how her music made me feel that night. i was BAWLING. ask ghisy. people were staring.  :oops: i tried to hold it in so badly, but i couldn't. i dunno why i'm surprised... the people at page 6 never hesitate to make anyone look/sound like an ass.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Bigtuna

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 09:23:55 pm »
Page Six is a gossip column. I wouldn't believe it.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 10:34:12 pm »
aww poor Baby V...
I think I would laugh at her being like that.
Not being mean..haha but like thinking she was drunk.
I think that'd be an amazing experience with Vanessa..haaha
Peace
Adriann

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 10:30:04 am »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
i was BAWLING. ask ghisy. people were staring.  :oops: i tried to hold it in so badly, but i couldn't.

True: poor Nicole was crying her eyes out during "More Than This", while I was trying to pat her on the back and record the song at the same time!!
Back on that review, I don't know what this guy wanted, like seriously.
She only forgot the lyrics to "All Is Well" but maybe he was referring to OD but it was the D&C version as always: if you were a Nessaholic, you would know, DUMBASS!!  :evil: (not to mention the lyrics change we all know to like Winter and such)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 01:24:36 pm »
awww :(

man, I hope I don't cry *holds tears in* especially More than this....oy.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 02:45:17 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
i was BAWLING. ask ghisy. people were staring.  :oops: i tried to hold it in so badly, but i couldn't.

True: poor Nicole was crying her eyes out during "More Than This", while I was trying to pat her on the back and record the song at the same time!!
Back on that review, I don't know what this guy wanted, like seriously.
She only forgot the lyrics to "All Is Well" but maybe he was referring to OD but it was the D&C version as always: if you were a Nessaholic, you would know, DUMBASS!!  :evil: (not to mention the lyrics change we all know to like Winter and such)

mmhmm thats probabley it. Some friends I know when I listen to live versions of OD they are like "why did she forget the lyrics" than I just spaz and explain how she changes them and stuff

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Laura

• View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 02:50:08 pm »
Funny how another celebrity I admire has drunk rumors circulating them. Gah when will it end lol.

Gossip columnists like to make things into something there not, I would know considering who my idol is. Non-Vanessa fans who read this are automatically gonna assume she's drunk not thinking that she was just sick. Just like you guys didn't know Paula Abdul had 2 cities talking to her in each ear & was sick during the Idol promo fiasco that happened right before last season. Not to mention has RSD which makes your muscles spasm (would explain her moving around so much).

Sounds to me like she was sick judging from what Nicole & Ghisy said since they were there.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 05:10:33 pm »
page six? :snorts: not to be paid attention to.

(has anyone seen the page six ads on the subways? does anyone else hate them as much as i do?!)

go v. =] i'm sure she was wonderful. if she can still evoke such an outpour of emotion from someone who's seen her 41 times... well, that's super cool.
formerly fish_for__stars.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 05:43:21 pm »
Quote from: "fish_for__stars"
go v. =] i'm sure she was wonderful. if she can still evoke such an outpour of emotion from someone who's seen her 41 times... well, that's super cool.

HAHA this is true... but i cry pretty much every time i see her (just not AS MUCH as i did this time.) but seriously, i can't even listen to her cd's without crying. nothing makes me feel like her music does. she breaks my heart when she sings.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 09:55:07 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
She was babbling incoherently and blaming it on antibiotics.

lol I'm going to start using that excuse

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
New York Post-Page 6
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 11:15:28 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

:lol: Good job G! MTT is an emotional song, damn it.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...