Author Topic: Favourite artist as a child?  (Read 19227 times)

carterrocks

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Favourite artist as a child?
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:53:51 am »
Mine would be Whitney Houston- i use to jump on my bed listening to the bodyguard soundtrack.  I especially loved Queen of the night- oh yeah oh yeah, dont make no difference whether i'm wrong or i'm right, i've got the feeling and i'm willing to fight- i'll stop now  :oops:

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 11:03:56 am »
Mariah Carey.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:13:12 am »
Westlife!  8)

carterrocks

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:30:18 am »
Quote from: "DrSyaFiQ"
Westlife!  8)

Eww lol

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:17:09 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Mariah Carey.   :)

oh mariah was a good one! i loved her #1's cd.. (still do.) i loved brandy and monica. hmm.. new kids on the block of cour!

i was OBSESSED with selena. but strangely i never heard of her until after she died and the movie about her life came out. but after i saw that, i seriously was completely obsessed. i don't even speak spanish, yet i can sing all of her spanish songs.. not that i'm singing them correctly, but i still sort of know how they go.

anyway, then obv in the late 90's, it was all about nsync and britney.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 10:29:09 am »
The Beatles, Mariah, Whitney (what can i say, they were huge then) and of course, the Spice Girls.

Nessaholista

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 01:47:58 am »
Metallica \m/

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 05:38:05 am »
i remember Madonna-Material Girl ...:P
Yeah there was Whitney-I will always love you...
I loved the Divas-Celine Dion,Mariah Carrey...

Then yeah there was Boyzone,Spice Girls, and BSB... O Take That too...( I remember the member names of all these bands by heart till date:P)

Then there was a Britney Spears and Shania Twain stage.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:42 am »
Barney!!!

No, I'm kidding. I think it must've been...
Well, I'm not THAT old, I used to love to hear Vanessa Carlton on the radio, I'm proud to say. The only song I knew of hers was A Thousand Miles, back then, when I was about 9-11. (Creepy numbers)

It will pain me so much to admit this, but Avril Lavigne. Don't get me wrong, her first two albums are great, but her third one is a little bit of a 'copycat album', and it's just like she threw away her unique ability to write songs to replace it with the amazing (and annoying) ability to change herself completely into a total hypocrite.

I feel better that that's out.

Yeah, Joey, I used to listen to Spice Girls too, I only knew like, one of their songs from the movie (at the end) that I sang all the time.
That's what she said.

Bar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 08:26:45 am »
Britney Spears :lol: .

I really don't like her now, though.
fools never ask,afraid what lurks in your mind

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite artist as a child?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:27:35 am »
Quote from: "carterrocks"
Mine would be Whitney Houston- i use to jump on my bed listening to the bodyguard soundtrack.  I especially loved Queen of the night- oh yeah oh yeah, dont make no difference whether i'm wrong or i'm right, i've got the feeling and i'm willing to fight- i'll stop now  :oops:

Haha!  8)
That's what she said.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:26 am »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"

It will pain me so much to admit this, but Avril Lavigne. Don't get me wrong, her first two albums are great, but her third one is a little bit of a 'copycat album', and it's just like she threw away her unique ability to write songs to replace it with the amazing (and annoying) ability to change herself completely into a total hypocrite.

ugh i totally agree!! i loved her first cd's. but her last one makes her sound so completely self centered. and she's completely changed into EXACTLY what she's always made fun of. bl.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 11:21:55 am »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

ugh i totally agree!! i loved her first cd's. but her last one makes her sound so completely self centered. and she's completely changed into EXACTLY what she's always made fun of. bl.

Oh good! That means someone understands why I don't like her that much anymore! I actually pretend to die when she comes on T.V. while I'm watching, lol. Then my mom goes: "Wow, you REALLY don't like her anymore, do you?" (Because I used to be like: WHOO AVRIL LAVIGNE!)
Then I say: "Wow, you finally got it!"
That's what she said.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 12:32:54 pm »
Oh good! That means someone understands why I don't like her that much anymore! I actually pretend to die when she comes on T.V. while I'm watching, lol. Then my mom goes: "Wow, you REALLY don't like her anymore, do you?" (Because I used to be like: WHOO AVRIL LAVIGNE!)

haha yea i used to really, really love her! i actually still have a giant poster of her in my room. but ugh i just really don't like her as a person anymore. and her latest cd basically is a sum up of her as a person now. i still think she's a good singer and i listen to her old songs sometimes.... i just cringe when i see her now with her big, blonde, curled hair and her loads of make up and manicured nails.. in a dress. like is she serious?! hahaha. and i almost fainted when i saw the photoshoot of her topless. i don't remember what mag it was for.

p.s. on a brighter avril note, have you ever seen her aol sessions? she sings a couple songs acoustic and i LOVE them. her performances of happy ending and don't tell me are soooo good.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 03:21:43 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

haha yea i used to really, really love her! i actually still have a giant poster of her in my room. but ugh i just really don't like her as a person anymore. and her latest cd basically is a sum up of her as a person now. i still think she's a good singer and i listen to her old songs sometimes.... i just cringe when i see her now with her big, blonde, curled hair and her loads of make up and manicured nails.. in a dress. like is she serious?! hahaha. and i almost fainted when i saw the photoshoot of her topless. i don't remember what mag it was for.

p.s. on a brighter avril note, have you ever seen her aol sessions? she sings a couple songs acoustic and i LOVE them. her performances of happy ending and don't tell me are soooo good.

Yeah, I love her older songs acoustic. They sound so nice.
That's what she said.