Poll

Do you support gay rights?

YES
43 (87.8%)
NO
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm

Author Topic: I support Gay rights. Do you?  (Read 18303 times)

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm »
I wanna know how many people here on the forums, support gay rights or not. Its ok if you do support or if you dont support, its your opinion. There is nothing wrong with telling people your beliefs. I DO! I wanna marry to my husband  :)  We 'are', but not legally

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:23:05 pm »
Absolutely! I'm all for equality.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:39:39 pm »
I do.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:19:48 pm »
I can't say yes or no. I really don't know about my beliefs on that subject.
That's what she said.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:26:51 pm »
ya i do. :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 05:58:16 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"

is there a reason for that or something? if you dont mind me asking.

I support it. Don't see why not to support it.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 07:08:06 pm »
who doesn't? some people voted for 'no' but didnt say anything at all?  :?

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:09 pm »
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"

is there a reason for that or something? if you dont mind me asking.

I support it. Don't see why not to support it.

Well I don't mean to go all religion on you all, but the Bible says it doesn't allow that, but personally I want to follow what the Bible says, but I totally believe in equality, so I'm in a tough place about deciding for that.
I really have no idea why someone of a gender would be attracted to the same gender, if it's just that way when they were born, or if they were insecure or scared about something their gender had to go through with the opposite one, or even if something bad happened to them.

It's just kind of tough for me.
That's what she said.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:28:16 pm »

I really have no idea why someone of a gender would be attracted to the same gender, if it's just that way when they were born, or if they were insecure or scared about something their gender had to go through with the opposite one, or even if something bad happened to them.

well, I am gay and I am exactly like YOU, except I do not like the same sex as you, it is not a choice we made to be gay; it is what became of us.  Did you choose to have the looks that you have? NO, it was given to you.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 09:23:49 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"

well, I am gay and I am exactly like YOU, except I do not like the same sex as you, it is not a choice we made to be gay; it is what became of us.  Did you choose to have the looks that you have? NO, it was given to you.

And yes, I understand that, and I completely accept that.
I am so VERY sorry if it came to be anything else than I meant, which was no offense at all. I just don't have an opinion yet.
That's what she said.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 01:49:16 pm »

Anyone that thinks someone would choose to be gay in this world is ignorant.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 03:39:10 pm »
its just the persons opinion, no need to get mad. I am gay and I just don't bother trying to get people to understand. Just le t things be. People just like conflict.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 03:57:18 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"

Anyone that thinks someone would choose to be gay in this world is ignorant.

I agree! I have been TOLD that it is a choice that I made to be gay,  NO WAY! why would I choose to go through so much shit? Why would I choose to be in fear every time I go somewhere or even walk out of my front door?

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 04:01:34 pm »
nobody is mad. I'm just saying it's not something you can choose just like nobody here chose their eye color.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
This is a very strong subject for me. I am for gay rights all the way, and I get very upset when people frown upon this lifestyle. I understand all people have different thoughts about what it is "right" and I try my best to understand everyones different views. But I just can't seem to understand how anyone can not 'approve' of this lifestyle. It is natural, and it IS a way of life. In my college english class we had a debate over the subject of homosexuals being married, and I wanted to slap each person on the opposing side. They had ridiculous reasons for not wanting gay marriage to be allowed, and basically they were being so selfish People want to defend the bible, saying marriage is between a man a woman because that is what god intended. But what about those who don't beleive in god? and what about Jesus never turning people away? Arnt we supoosed to love people for who they are?  Arnt we supossed to be more like Jesus? If we are, we shouldnt turn people away. And what about god being perfect, he makes no mistakes right? So he made gay people. If the religous understand He makes no mistakes, how come they can't understand homosexuality. And don't even mention the pro-creation thing. God, heterosexuals are fucking all over the place and getting knocked up and havning children who might end up living in poverty or being neglected. Although homosexuals can't mate together they can adopt or have a sergeant mother, and obviously they are going to this because they want to have children.  This makes me so angry people can't accpet this. But hopefully in the VERY near future being gay wont be this huge topic. Having inter racial couples was basically a no-no and now we think nothing of it. So hopefully soon people wont think anything of being gay.  And why the hell is society obsessed with this subject, shouldnt we be thinking of people who are dying over seas?
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me