Poll

Which Democrat Candidate Will You Vote For?

Hillary Clinton
13 (41.9%)
John Edwards
1 (3.2%)
Barack Obama
15 (48.4%)
Dennis Kucinich
1 (3.2%)
Mike Gravel
1 (3.2%)
Bill Richardson
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: January 08, 2008, 08:31:21 pm

Author Topic: Democrat Voters  (Read 11417 times)

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 05:09:08 pm »
I, as I'm sure many of you are, am excited to see how this all pans out. Rarely is an election this close so late in the primaries. I'd be fine with either one of them, although I'm leaning towards Obama because I think he has a greater chance of winning the general election. I have nothing against Clinton, I just think she's less electable.

Who knows. This thing is intense.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 08:11:39 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"

She is still trailing in delegates but she will do well in Pennsylvania, where the Obama team has said that they will probably lose there but will pick up wins in Wyoming and Mississipi, I'm hoping Hillary will win one of those too. This isn't over, not even close. Obama is sweating bullets right now because she's right behind him. Everyone said she couldn't win, that she was going to lose, this and that. She's won all the big states, and she's a fighter and will continue on.

Obama wasn't expected to win in Ohio nor in Texas.  He was behind in Texas by almost 20 points in early January, but he only lost in the Texas "primary" by 4 percentage points.

In Ohio in late January, Obama was down 23 points, and he lost by (only, even if it's a painful only) 10 points.

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/polls/pdfs/ivrpolls-texas-primary-polls-january10-2008.pdf

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/polls/pdfs/columbus-pos-dispatch-january23to31-2008-ohio-polls.pdf

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

Obama is FAR from sweating any bullets.  He basically maintained his lead, she only gained 4 delegates Tuesday.  She knew she would do all right in those states, that's why the Clintons said they'd quit if they lost them.  I am not sure who said she couldn't win Ohio?  

I also hate how people are jumping on the "Obama Momentum" bandwagon. He's full of talk, someone I know made a good point that his speeches are a lot like Adolf Hitlers speeches. I definitely believe it.

And that's a little strong.  You might want to do some research on Hitler before believing anything.  He was incredibly pissed Germany lost WWI, Germany's economy was horrendous (as a result of losing WWI), and he had a strong hatred for the Jews.  That situation created an atmosphere of absolute hate on his part, and it allowed him to gain many followers.  Was he a great speaker? Yes.  Should he be compared to Obama?  No.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 08:28:54 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Obama is FAR from sweating any bullets.  He basically maintained his lead, she only gained 4 delegates Tuesday.  She knew she would do all right in those states, that's why the Clintons said they'd quit if they lost them.  I am not sure who said she couldn't win Ohio?

Hillary Clinton said she would go on regardless if she lost Ohio or Texas. It was close the whole time. After her texas sized town hall the next morning she was up 3% over Obama, and took most of the undecided voters. He was campaigning very hard in both states, if he knew he would lose, why were they both matching ads? Putting so much money into both states? He wanted to win, he was hoping to top the delegate lead. Its just as close as ever. (Every site has a different delegate count)

And, His speeches can be compared to Obama's.  :wink:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 08:47:38 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Hillary Clinton said she would go on regardless if she lost Ohio or Texas. It was close the whole time. After her texas sized town hall the next morning she was up 3% over Obama, and took most of the undecided voters. He was campaigning very hard in both states, if he knew he would lose, why were they both matching ads? Putting so much money into both states? He wanted to win, he was hoping to top the delegate lead. Its just as close as ever. (Every site has a different delegate count)

And, His speeches can be compared to Obama's.  :wink:

Of course he WANTED to win, but it's not a shock that he didn't.  He's running against someone who has more name recognition than he does.   She was supposed to be the candidate, until he came along.  This is a race, he is clearly going to campaign hard.  Some sections he cannot win, and he knows that--it's politics.  And he narrowed the margin of victory, which is a HUGE feat considering the polls.  I realize she said she wasn't going to quit...but if she had lost all four states, it would have been harder to make her argument to stay in the race.  

Moreover, of course Hitler's speeches CAN be compared to Obama's...but they SHOULD not be.

Manda

• View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »
Agreed. :) I'm still rooting for Hillary!

If it comes down to Obama and McCain (I really hope not), I'm voting for McCain. Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 08:53:04 pm »
Luckily, your state will more than likely go blue, whether you vote McCain or not.

And mine will probably go red...yay.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Democrat Voters
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 09:06:07 pm »

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19:06 pm »
Quote from: "Vultch"

hahaha...I am so ready for Laura Bush to run in 2012.