Author Topic: computer help  (Read 12850 times)

nickjonasfan

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
computer help
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:27:07 am »
so i guess i've realized i really want a macbook. but the thing is, i got a new computer in april 2007, but i think i want macbook because of everything it is, and i think apples are better.

does anybody have one? are they good? what do they do? better than a pc?

i think i also want one so i can move around. with a computer your limited to that space on your desk or wherever, but with a laptop you can move to wherever.

any recommendations of what type of macbook?

thanks (:

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:02:23 am »
I love how Mac users are always like, "Macs are superior to PCs!" But it's usually because Mac users are computer stupid and barely know how to even use their own Mac. Like, I constantly see Mac users say shit like, "I can't listen to that file because it requires Windows Media Player!"

It annoys the shit out of me when people choose to remain completely ignorant of the technology their using. Educate yourself, there's programs such as VLC Media Player and Flip4Mac for a reason.

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend a Mac unless you're going to be using it for purposes such as graphic design, etc. Macs perform well for a few specific functions, but other than that, unless you want to be a trendy hipster with an iBook (Which is a retarded reason for coughing up that much money on an overrated Mac product, especially after getting a new computer in April), then there's no point. *Shrugs*
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 01:47:28 pm »
I know. My cousin got a Mac a few months ago and shes like its so easy to use and its the best. She comes over and complaines that my PC sucks and she can't do the same stuff. I'm just like yes you can, just do this . than she  says "oh" its really no different I think. I have always used a PC. the computers at school are all macs and I don't really like them. But if you want a mac get one. I'm happy with my PC.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:31 pm »
Macs arent computers.  If you make a thread requesting computer help and i open the thread to find a bunch of hipster apple bullshit i get angry.   Id make threats here but this is the internet, and we all know better than that.

edit:  Apologies to the mac users who actually have a mac for a good reason and dont act like they are gods gift to earth.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
computer help
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:20:13 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Macs arent computers.  If you make a thread requesting computer help and i open the thread to find a bunch of hipster apple bullshit i get angry.   Id make threats here but this is the internet, and we all know better than that.

edit:  Apologies to the mac users who actually have a mac for a good reason and dont act like they are gods gift to earth.

This.

I mean, mac's do what you want them to do.... you just pay 30% more and then pay twice as much for future add-ons and wait an extra year for every new technology and software package.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
computer help
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 08:45:01 am »
i have a PC but my friend's mom has a Mac and she seems to like it alot...
but it looks fragile...dunno if it really is or it just appears that way :razz: :lol: LOL

But it is a very big investment...
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
computer help
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:26:33 am »
all of the teachers at my old school used macs, and they had the students use them too, personally i like them. i love how they have the web cam, cool video editor, garage band, and how fast they run. I was the editor of the yearbook last year and used the macs at school, and a pc at home.
I really liked the macs, but i am used to a pc, thats the only negitive side to them in my opinion. if you are used to a pc, it will take a little while to learn how to use a mac.
and that mac book air thing is rediculous! i hate it, it is too thin, i bet if you dropped it or set it down roughly it would break. i like the small white ones [macbook] they are cool and my friend has one.

good luck

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 10:44:15 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i love how they have the web cam, cool video editor, garage band, and how fast they run.

Yeah because there is no such thing as a web cam on a PC, or a video editing program, and DEFINITELY not music software.   I also find it highly amusing you mention how fast macs run, i heard they do the 100 yard dash in under 10 seconds without even breaking a sweat.   Now thats something a PC will never do.
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
all of the teachers at my old school used macs, and they had the students use them too, personally i like them. i love how they have the web cam, cool video editor, garage band, and how fast they run. I was the editor of the yearbook last year and used the macs at school, and a pc at home.
I really liked the macs, but i am used to a pc, thats the only negitive side to them in my opinion. if you are used to a pc, it will take a little while to learn how to use a mac.
and that mac book air thing is rediculous! i hate it, it is too thin, i bet if you dropped it or set it down roughly it would break. i like the small white ones [macbook] they are cool and my friend has one.

good luck

Macs are almost always behind PCs in the latest hardware.  I built a PC in July that has better specs than the latest macs just announced at mac world last month.

So speed is false.  PCs are faster.

Yes, you get garage band on them.  But you can get one of 1,000 software packages for a PC that will do the same thing.  And you can even get some of them free.

In fact, every software package that comes on a mac has dozens and dozens of equally good software packages for the PC.  PC's ALWAYS get the latest software first because there is competition.

Plenty of laptops and PC monitors have built in web cams and there are 100's of aftermarket ones.

There is absolutly nothing you can say about a mac that is better than a PC except "lolz, it's prettier" or "lolz, i like the OS better."
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:04 pm »
I want to build a fast system. So expensive!   Im probably going with an 6200 dual core this time around.  =|

beautyofspeed

• View Profile
computer help
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 03:04:34 pm »
If I had that kind of money I wouldn't waste it on a mac. I would build an awesome gaming PC.

Seriously, it depends on what you want it for. My best friend loves her mac but she does animation.

If you buy a mac you're just paying for the name. If you don't actually want to use it for anything worthwhile and just want to faff around on this and facebook then knock yourself out.

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:40:37 pm »
I'm used to using Macs, so I find them a lot easier to use. One major downside, of course, is that if you're an avid gamer you have to wait a few months for most games to be released for Macs. Plus, you can't buy Mac games in Target or whatever so you have to either find it at the Apple store or buy it online.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
computer help
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 07:37:24 pm »
macs are pretty though!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
computer help
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:54 am »
Quote from: "beautyofspeed"
If I had that kind of money I wouldn't waste it on a mac. I would build an awesome gaming PC.

Seriously, it depends on what you want it for. My best friend loves her mac but she does animation.

If you buy a mac you're just paying for the name. If you don't actually want to use it for anything worthwhile and just want to faff around on this and facebook then knock yourself out.

PCs are still better for animation.  MOre options, better video cards available and better render farm options.

I have a friend who OWNS a 3D animation and design company and they are exclusively PC based.

---Andrew

beautyofspeed

• View Profile
computer help
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 11:59:56 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "beautyofspeed"

PCs are still better for animation.  MOre options, better video cards available and better render farm options.

I have a friend who OWNS a 3D animation and design company and they are exclusively PC based.

I can believe that. I'm a PC girl through and through.