Author Topic: 7/22/2008: Exit/In - Nashville, TN (review)  (Read 6824 times)

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
7/22/2008: Exit/In - Nashville, TN (review)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 05:50:03 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "cwfultz"
It was about three hours... Everything seemed like it went on time.

Does anyone have any pics?

I know Vanessa was 15 minutes early, which caught me completely off-guard.

I'm sure someone has pics.  There were lots of cameras going off.  I may have like two pictures from the whole thing.  I don't know.  I had camera issues.

That's great. I hope the NY set is just as satisfying. I'm just not looking fwd to standing for 3+hours. But I did it for VC before, and i guess I'll do it again.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

asnigro

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nigro227
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - asnigro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 06:33:42 pm »
The venue sounded nice, looking forward to pics/vids if any.  Set list sounds like its worth my 2 hour drive and $15.  No sky Steele????
I'll...keep...fingers...crossed...always...for...you

cwfultz

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ismellswisscheez
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cwfultz
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 07:35:11 pm »
Quote from: "AisforAdrn"
Dood Joshua seems like a total douche.

Yeah... He kept noting how mellow the crowd was and how he wasn't used to that. Then of course there's what zurielshimon heard him say... I think what he doesn't realize is that Nashville is a very music-oriented area and people were actually listening to his music and him as a performer.

Oh well.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 09:16:28 pm »
Quote from: "cwfultz"
Quote from: "AisforAdrn"
Dood Joshua seems like a total douche.

Yeah... He kept noting how mellow the crowd was and how he wasn't used to that. Then of course there's what zurielshimon heard him say... I think what he doesn't realize is that Nashville is a very music-oriented area and people were actually listening to his music and him as a performer.

Oh well.

That's what the people he was talking to at the time were trying to convince him of.  I got the impression that the crowd was enjoying his music, even though I wasn't really that into it.  I would've been glad to have gotten such a response from the audience.  You may recall in '05 Vanessa remarking on how quiet the audience was while she was playing or talking (except when they were responding to her directly).  "I think it's that you're paying attention, I hope."

Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
were they at all anal about cameras? B/c on the tickets for the Aug. 8th show at Chicago, the tickets have on them NO CAMERAS. So just wondering. I know the last show I went to they said just no flash b/c of the filming.

Exit/In seems to make no mention of cameras.  I never try to make it a real conspicuous thing, because I don't want anybody to think I may be doing it for profit.  But three years ago, I videotaped the entire concert, and probably could've done the same thing this time, but I was having camera issues.
Dustin

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 04:23:48 pm »
Thanks for the reviews, guys!

It doesn't sound like I'll be sticking around for Radin at the Pabst. :lol:

Does V book for her bus after her set pretty much?

Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
were they at all anal about cameras? B/c on the tickets for the Aug. 8th show at Chicago, the tickets have on them NO CAMERAS. So just wondering. I know the last show I went to they said just no flash b/c of the filming.

HOB Chicago security are strict about cameras. They can and will search you. At least that's what they did when I went there to see Michelle Branch in '04.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 11:31:23 am »
I remember the way there were the cameras in HOB!
I regret not seeing this show.  I couldn't be there and it was out of my control.  I haven't seen V since London.  So long ago!  I hope I get another chance.

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!