Author Topic: Ever hung out/became friends with a celebrity/semi-celeb?  (Read 18351 times)

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Ever hung out/became friends with a celebrity/semi-celeb?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:48 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

like i said, if you can't talk about the experiences then just say you had some cool experiences but can't talk about them & move along. cuz now it just sounds like you guys are over-bragging about it.

Its really not my problem you are perceiving what is written differently.  I'll continue to post whatever I'd like, but thanks for the advice.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »
I'm not trying to defend anyone, or start anything, but this topic is talking about celebrity friends or encounters, so it is bragging about who you meet. i think its cool. i dont know why people are getting upset, thats what the topic is.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 06:28:35 am »
cuz everyone wants to be a starfucker! ;)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 08:42:22 am »
^that's a shitty goal.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 01:16:06 pm »
A couple of you do seem to be bragging a little bit. You know, listing all the places you've seen or hung out with "Them" like a laundry list, and then saying or acting like you can't say who your famous friends are (like they are really your friends and not just that you got the opportunity to meet them once or twice). If you were really that close of friends with a celebrity you probably wouldn't think you needed to brag about hanging out with them in various places because it's more about the friendship than the glamour of celebrity. At least I would think a celebrity would look more for a real friendship than a doter.

But anyway, I've never met anyone famous. I drive by one of the dude's from Aerosmith's house everyday and see a tour bus now and again but that doesn't really count. lol

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 03:43:35 pm »
I'm not friends with any celebs and don't go out of my way to be...they are just like everyone else.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 04:25:02 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I'm not friends with any celebs and don't go out of my way to be...they are just like everyone else.

seriously.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 09:45:19 am »
Sorry that you people feel we are bragging. If I was bragging I would use names.

I definitely know who is my friend and who is not. I don't live in a fantasy world. Some of the Soap Celebs I have hung out with have been because I have friends who are friends with them.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 09:47:13 am »
let's stay on topic. If you want to start a thread about concert etiquette then go for it.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 02:45:30 pm »
Andrew's comments are always appreciated  :lol:

This thread is hilarious....Let and Nicole I am sure have lots of stories 8O

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »
Interesting topic.  I see people getting peeved at people not spilling, but I think that there still is a code of ethics involved when it comes to celebrities.  I'm not personally what I would call "friends" with any known people, though there are some that know me on a first name basis.

There's something cool and respectful about NOT talking about it, or risk being looked at as a name-dropping a-hole.   It means different things to different people.  

I once knew someone who got to know a Hollywood actor.  He came to a movie screening, and it was weird to hear him call my friend by name.

If someone won't mention something, it could be simply a respect thing, not trying to keep anything from anyone, or any other "look who I hung out with" BS.

Dan/NS

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 07:51:05 am »
Alot of them are boring and not what you'd expect them too be.  It's a very fabricated situation.  Soap stars? I've never seen a soap in my life and my cousin was on general hospital.....is it just me or do all soaps look gloomy and weird like you've had too much wine?
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Dj SG

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • MSN Messenger - djsg15@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2008, 01:26:45 am »
couple of years ago Sting and his wife came to sri lanka for holidays. They stayed in the villa that belongs to a close family friend of us. this friend owns a lovely island about 50 metres off-shore, weligama beach, also known as Taprobane Island (google it ^^) other stars like chris martin, gwynet paltrow, summer have also spend some time there....anyway...when sting and his wife were there, they needed someone who speaks sinhala and english...so our friend called me up. i did not believe my ears..hehehe. I spent about a week with them translating and showing them around in the south of the island. It was really cool, and we had alot of fun...one day ex presidents bush snr, and clinton called trudi, and asked if they could meet, because the presidents had also been in sri lanka for some kinda trunami charity story.... pretty funny and exciting.  i wasnt allowed to attend that meeting though...security reasons. on the last day trudi wanted my mobile number and she gave me her number and address in england and told me to step by when i visit england some day =) she also said that i'd probably get along pretty well with their kids.

Trudi, Unicef goodwill ambassadors and me
Carpe'Diem