Author Topic: protect marriage?  (Read 27191 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 06:59:01 am »
Gay is NOT a choice.  And anybody who 'plays' gay for attention is a fucking idiot. *cough* Lindsay Lohan * cough*...but gay is not a choice....gays adopting kids, although I would not do it.....I think it's important that once the child turns a certain age explain to the child the differences between gay/straight and make sure that the child is not influenced by their relationship at all.  I don't think it's a good idea to teach your child that 'gay is wrong' but that it's not a choice and your just born that way....and to be him/herself.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
protect marriage?
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:35 am »
I agree with alot being said here. I believe you are born gay. You may not fully know until you're older or you may know it all your life. I'm not fully sure if you can choose to be gay or not. With Lindsay Lohan, maybe she is doing it for attention or maybe trying something new out, I have no clue.

"Protect Marriage"? Is this message saying we should keep it between a man and woman? That's ridiculous. As said before, men and women can't even stay together these days. The message should be directed towards that.

I actually has a coversation similar to this with my boyfriend. He has no problem with a man and a man or woman and a woman being together but he does have a problem with them being married. I asked why and he responded "...because marriage is between a a man and woman...". So I told him to give me a difinition of marraige WITHOUT the words man and woman, and he said "to people sharing thier love with one another." And I said right! exactly! That's what marraige is, two people who love eachother. No matter what gender you are, you can feel love.

There are teachers in my college as well as my old high school who were against homosexuals. Everytime they said something ridiculous I called them out. Even when people use the word 'gay' as a synonym for stupid. It's disrespectful. Seems as though alot of people have lost respect for humans.

This was a rant and I apologize. I am very interested in human rights, and this subject is very important to me.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 12:01:16 pm »
Your rant was fine and I believe what you wrote 1000 percent....it's just crazy that these people will go so far out of their way to put a ban on gay marriage when at the end of the day it's not going to effect them at all.   I don't believe in marriage to begin with...why do you need the government to tell you your in love?  Especially with the way the economy is, who has extra money to plan a nice wedding anyhow?  But I do believe in equality for all humans...were all the same no matter what...and to those people who hate homosexuals obviously have some serious mental problems....the way there parents rasied them, etc. so sad.  A gay marriage is not going to effect Bill & Sues wedding...even if they lived next to eachother......rediculous.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 01:47:50 pm »
The commercial they play here in California makes me want to support the ban...not becuase i'm against it...but because the people here in San Francisco really are like that!  The Mayor: "It's going to happen if you like it or not!"(supporting gay marriage rights) Being all loopy and arrogant.  Repeating himself over and over.  It's somewhat taken out of context but still.

The commercial has a good effect if you are trying to get people to support the constitutional admendment.  Very effective.

But alas I'll probably just leave it blank because I don't care either way.

tylor2000

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »
I just wanted to say I don't have anything against the Mayor of San Francisco in general.  That commercial, though, speaks volumes about SF and some people's character.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
protect marriage?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 09:41:55 pm »
If this is how people are going to try to define a marriage, then there needs to be a special word that describes only a union between a man and a woman that can in no context be used to describe two men or two women.  Not a phrase or a fabricated compound word, but one real word, something that only a man and a woman can be and no one else.
Dustin

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
protect marriage?
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 02:38:01 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
If this is how people are going to try to define a marriage, then there needs to be a special word that describes only a union between a man and a woman that can in no context be used to describe two men or two women.  Not a phrase or a fabricated compound word, but one real word, something that only a man and a woman can be and no one else.

...why?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 06:44:14 am »
yeah that doesn't make sense.....they're not animals.  they're humans.

how about......."your marriage" & "my marriage"?

i really don't understand why there should be anything to determine the two.  maybe you have no gay family, but they are people just like you and i and they deserve to have the same rights as every 'straight' american in america.  who you sleep with at night should have nothing to do with your rights as a tax paying citizen.  i thought our country was so beyond this!!!!

zurielshimon

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:20 am »
See, this is the kind of reaction I shouldn't have to deal with. I've already stated my opinion on the matter. I think what I'm suggesting here is quite reasonable.
Dustin

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 11:03:52 am »
If the US would support equality for all, you wouldn't have to 'deal' with this.  Put yourself in someone elses shoes..

tylor2000

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:24 pm »

consummation

would that work?

tylor2000

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 01:02:10 pm »
Jeesh, time to pull out the OLD Canon Law and comb through it to find an answer:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01178a.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_law

:wink:

tylor2000

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 01:52:14 pm »
And then there is always Mosaic Law...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2018;&version=31;

Not to mention Islamic Law......

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
protect marriage?
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 04:09:03 pm »
See, this is the kind of reaction I shouldn't have to deal with. I've already stated my opinion on the matter. I think what I'm suggesting here is quite reasonable.

I asked why, I wasn't attacking you- simply asking why as I don't quite understand and wanted you to explain, but you don't explain, you just say "I've already stated my opinion on the matter. I think what I'm suggesting here is quite reasonable."... how can it be reasonable if you won't answer why you feel that way?

I didn't think nutnip was attacking you either in his/her reaction. He/she is allowed to state an opinion too.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

zurielshimon

• View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 01:36:38 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"

I asked why, I wasn't attacking you- simply asking why as I don't quite understand and wanted you to explain, but you don't explain, you just say "I've already stated my opinion on the matter. I think what I'm suggesting here is quite reasonable."... how can it be reasonable if you won't answer why you feel that way?

I didn't think nutnip was attacking you either in his/her reaction. He/she is allowed to state an opinion too.

My bad.  I was mad about something else when I was on here last.  Okay, here's the why:  There seems to be a lot of effort focused on trying to make gay people happy.  Now, I understand just as much as anyone else that you can't make everyone happy at any one time, but I don't think the people who are opposed to gay marriage, however slightly or greatly, should be denied happiness at that expense.

That said, let me clarify that I'm not out to defend the person who is hating just to be hating.  People with no good reason to be against something are a peeve to a conductive society.  But just as much as most gay people firmly believe that their lifestyle and pursuit of happiness is just as valid as anyone else's, there are those who firmly believe that it is not and have valid reasons to support their belief.  Who is anyone to simply, arrogantly, and ignorantly tell them they are unequivocally wrong to believe what they believe?  Isn't that denying them the same equality that we're trying to give to homosexuals?  Who is anyone in this world to decide which groups should be treated "more equal" than others?
Dustin