Author Topic: I GIVE UP!  (Read 29821 times)

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
I GIVE UP!
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »
depression is just something you have to deal with on your own, nothing, i mean nothing is going to really help it, ive been to counseling, psych wards and even on medication , from time to time i still feel the same thing. but i have a great family and an amaziing boyfriend now ive been with for almost 3 years, he has helped me truly because he loves me and looks out for me. thats the best thing that has helped me overcome it all. i never been happier. i think it also depends on who you surround yourself with, being around other people with the same problems can make things worst. medications too, i mean they totally ruin my sex drive and if i missed one dose, i would feel like shit..lol

charmedguy18

I GIVE UP!
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2009, 08:21:39 pm »
Quote from: "xxlovelyxx"
depression is just something you have to deal with on your own, nothing, i mean nothing is going to really help it, ive been to counseling, psych wards and even on medication , from time to time i still feel the same thing. but i have a great family and an amaziing boyfriend now ive been with for almost 3 years, he has helped me truly because he loves me and looks out for me. thats the best thing that has helped me overcome it all. i never been happier. i think it also depends on who you surround yourself with, being around other people with the same problems can make things worst. medications too, i mean they totally ruin my sex drive and if i missed one dose, i would feel like shit..lol

Well. I think maybe we're two different people.
Life, to me, is bland. And joyless. It's always been that way, but has only gotten progressively worse. I hardly even enjoy music anymore. Which is ridiculous since music is the love of my life. I will agree with you on the sex drive thing, I don't know if I have an additional problem with that or something but I just don't have any... I won't go into gory detail, but it sucks.
Too many psychiatrists have taken one look at me, saying my face looks "hollow," and then after interviewing, saying I'm the most depressed person they've ever met for me to really believe that medications aren't necessary.
Ten years ago, I would have been indefinitely locked in a mental institution, so I'm pretty sure I'm not just doing it myself. Not saying that I won't be able to feel better with the same amount of meds I'm currently on later, because I have Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD so I have some behavioral and thought patterns that are self-destructive and self-defeating that only make things worse. But I am currently doing the best I can in handling that. Which is an assumption I must follow based on my DBT, which I've only read about and haven't even started yet.
But yeah. I don't really know how we got to this but I'll stop lol.