• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lenka
« on: January 28, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »
I've seen her a few times now and I think she's absolutely brilliant! Her shows were so much fun. She's absolutely adorable.

She's from Austrailia and started out as a teen actor. She then moved on to music in the band Decoder Ring.

She is now on Epic Records.

I'm sure you're all familiar with her song The Show. It's been on Ugly Betty, A commercial for The Gap. Her other songs have been on Grey's Anatomy and 90210. Here's a link to more.

Here is a link to my Lenka Playlist on YouTube.

You can check out her website here, her MySpace here and there are a lot of fun things on herYouTube page. My favorite is her singing Skipalong in the car.

She's been on a headline tour for a few weeks now but is soon going to be opening for Missy Higgins. Be sure to check her out if she comes to your town. You will not be disappointed!!

charmedguy18

Lenka
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:04:23 pm »
Oh. My god! I cannot believe this is a real song! I always wonder when this commercial comes on who it is, but then forget who it is! I love "The Show!!" It's so fun!

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Lenka
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:20:03 am »
Oh ive heard of her!

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Lenka
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 10:48:42 pm »
i have her album and adore it! i was surprised when i saw it at target today... but it's great - good call, Let!
xoxo

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Lenka
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
Aah I remember when she used to be a co-host of Cheez TV back in the day...

Pretty cool that she's doing the solo music thing now; her songs are so fun to listen to. Definitely planning to get her album soonish.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lenka
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:47:04 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i have her album and adore it! i was surprised when i saw it at target today... but it's great - good call, Let!
xoxo

Thanks Steph. I got mine at Best Buy. I was very surprised they had it but it seems if you get in on iTunes you get a bonus track called Force of Nature. They don't even sell it as a single on iTunes so that kinda sucked.

Yeah. I am looking forward to seeing her on the 26th in Orlando. Sadly, it's just as an opener but it will still be worth it.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Lenka
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »
i first heard her at barnes and noble - i asked the cd guy who was playing - then went home and got it on itunes...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lenka
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:15:37 am »
Blog from Lenka:

ROAD REPORT FEB 4TH 2009.

Hello and here's hoping today is a good day for everyone out there!
I'm in Boston, wrapped up in a hotel robe, hiding from the snowy outdoors and relishing some relax-time.
Been on the road for about 25 days, eaten about 17 pounds of crappy truck stop food and done about 14 live shows.
Here's a highlight - the other night in Toronto we decided to do a live disco remix of The Show. It's something we muck around with at soundcheck sometimes, and i was feeling inspired by the recent remixes of Trouble and Don't Let Me Fall (you'll hear them soon), and the fact that it was my first sold out show! Check out this fan's video of it...so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtrLtHZFd0
Um, can't think of anything else to write right now... i'm tired.
Lotsa love! See you soon.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Re: Lenka
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 10:11:22 pm »
I saw Lenka open for Missy Higgins last weekend, she was good! Very charming and entertaining. She signed CD's after her set so I went and got one. I was pleasantly surprised by her set.  ;D So far my favorite songs on the CD are The Show, We Will Not Grow Old, and Skipalong.

For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 12:30:27 am »
I am seeing her again on Monday!!! I hate that she's only an opener but I was surprised that she did like, 7 songs. (I went to the show in Orlando before the cruise, didn't stay for Missy and only 2 Justin songs) She is super sweet. She gave me a hug and asked how my holiday was going. We'll see if she still remembers me on Monday.  ;)

charmedguy18

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 03:34:48 pm »
Thank you SO much for posting this, B eclv! I love you right now. I looked at this thread a few days ago, then downloaded her CD. Listened.
Then immediately went on Amazon and bought it because she's WONDERFUL!
You have great tastes. =]

OMG I can't believe I got you two mixed up somehow. 0_0 wtf
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:22:09 pm by charmedguy18 »

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:24:19 am »
You can check out her website here,

My favorite is her singing Skipalong in the car.

Neither of these 2 links worked for me, but I found a version of Skipalong that is AMAZING :o

All praise be to the JJJ 'Unearthed' program which since 'unearthing' the likes of Missy Higgins has never
looked back. Artists like Lenka deserve kudos for creating a compeltely unique sound amongst the home
-grown soundscape that is neither the product of a producer somewhere else, or an image consulstant
using Jedi Mind Tricks to water down an otherwise rare & enthralling 'making of an artist' of substance  8)

Peace

Aaron

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 11:01:07 am »
Hi Peeps

I know its only May, but given the 198-day perriod of 'living under a rock' w/o internet access, I'll go out on a
limb and suggest Lenka will be heralded (at least in Australia) as the best new solo artist of 2009. Howzaaat!

Peace

Aaron

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 10:16:12 pm »
Better late than never, Aaron. That's fantastic news. I hadn't heard that. I still love, love, love her!

I saw her 2 more times in April. She did a few new songs, my favorite being Pull Me Apart. She posted a blog with a link to it on her MySpace which I thought was really cool. AND she did the The Show Disco Re-Mix which was awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing her at Outside Lands in SF and Bumbershoot in SEA.  :)

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 04:29:37 am »
Better late than never, Aaron. That's fantastic news. I hadn't heard that. I still love, love, love her!

I saw her 2 more times in April. She did a few new songs, my favorite being Pull Me Apart. She posted a blog with a link to it on her MySpace which I thought was really cool. AND she did the The Show Disco Re-Mix which was awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing her at Outside Lands in SF and Bumbershoot in SEA.  :)

Where was your tripod Let? Tell me you got some nice stills (there seems to be a shortage of choice images
in-online galleries from which to make an high-res graphics). Great to see a jazz-influenced tune like PMA
being featured in the line-up, becase Lenka clearly has the voice for such. Can't wait for a live gig here  ;D

Peace

Aaron