Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 661784 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »
Awww, I love her for being such a supporter of LGBT causes. :D

We could make a different thread in order to stay on topic..but..

If they lose the fight in same sex marriages this time around they should definitely move to strengthen civil unions in every state to have all the rights as marriages in everything except name.  Then later attempt to switch it over to be called marriages, if they can.  THAT would be the smart way to do it in the first place.

Personally, I could care less if they want to get married, but their approach was a bit to much even for me.

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »

If they lose the fight in same sex marriages this time around they should definitely move to strengthen civil unions in every state to have all the rights as marriages in everything except name.  Then later attempt to switch it over to be called marriages, if they can.  THAT would be the smart way to do it in the first place.

Personally, I could care less if they want to get married, but their approach was a bit to much even for me.

How the hell was it a "bit much?" What are we supposed to do to please you "normal" people?

Oh yeah, that's right, kill ourselves and go to hell where we belong.  ::)

And by the way, civil unions are a joke. It's basically fancy words designed to try and trick us into thinking we have rights. This country is such a joke anyway, I can't wait to be done with college and move somewhere else. Probably Canada or somewhere in Europe. If I'm going to be paying taxes, I refuse to be treated like a second-class citizen.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:57:34 pm by Nessaholic4Ever »
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2010, 12:17:30 pm »

If they lose the fight in same sex marriages this time around they should definitely move to strengthen civil unions in every state to have all the rights as marriages in everything except name.  Then later attempt to switch it over to be called marriages, if they can.  THAT would be the smart way to do it in the first place.

How the hell was it a "bit much?" What are we supposed to do to please you "normal" people?

Oh yeah, that's right, kill ourselves and go to hell where we belong.  ::)

And by the way, civil unions are a joke. It's basically fancy words designed to try and trick us into thinking we have rights. This country is such a joke anyway, I can't wait to be done with college and move somewhere else. Probably Canada or somewhere in Europe. If I'm going to be paying taxes, I refuse to be treated like a second-class citizen.

I think I miss-communicated my position.  I'm an atheist so I don't care about the religious part of getting married.  It's a bit much because I'm not fond of what some people might call Liberal Nazis (for lack of a better term.)  I think a lot of people would have taken your side or stayed neutral otherwise.  It's the aggressive nature of the campaign that turned at least some people off.

When I said I don't care if you want to get married, I meant I don't care one way or the other.  It's a mute point to me (meaning I'm neutral.)  Do I want you to have the same rights as everyone else?  The answer would be a resounding "YES".  I don't think you make friends by knocking strangers on the head and telling them you demand this or that.

And no, if you kill yourself you are not going to hell.  There is no such place.  ;)

BurningDownLove

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2010, 12:58:51 pm »
Nothings set in stone..all she did on Twitter back in October say that she MIGHT want to call the album 'Tall Tales For Spring'.  Other than her Twitter post, I don't think shes mentioned it anywhere else...so it's really hard too say. 

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

SylvanHistorian30

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • All I Seem to Feel is Light . . .
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - earl_dominic_18
    • View Profile
    • bishop-myriel43 on deviantART
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2010, 01:49:25 am »
Off-topic, but "Liberal Nazi" sounds a bit like a contradiction in terms.
Miracles DO happen! =)

View my literary works:
http://bishop-myriel43.deviantart.com/

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:42 am »
The battle for same sex marriage will never be lost permanently, we will keep fighting for our rights until the law recognizes them; and in the case of marriage that means that our unions shouldn't have a different name or less benefits than those between a man and a woman.  And this is not the place to discuss this, I didn't mean to start a whole discussion about gay rights, I was just expresing my gratitude to Vanessa for supporting us so oppenly.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »
Oh, my twitter account is full of media sources so I didn't see her tweet.  She twitted on the 21st of Jan. about the Trevor Project.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2010, 06:42:39 am »
Michelle Branch tweeted Vanessa the sweetest tweet last night "@VanessaCarlton I'm in Chicago with Sheryl and Rodney.  Wishing you and Victor were here to play! :)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:23 am »
Michelle Branch tweeted Vanessa the sweetest tweet last night "@VanessaCarlton I'm in Chicago with Sheryl and Rodney.  Wishing you and Victor were here to play! :)

Awwww! :D

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:53 am »
That's adorable!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:36 pm »
Yeah. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she has more chance of landing on Mars than she does of getting a reply from Vanessa on Twitter. But that was nice of Mrs Branch.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »
I guess Vanessa isn't one to reply eh? Heh I love both Michelle and Vanessa. I read their tweets even though I refuse to sign up to Tweet. I'm already on Myspace and Facebook..

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2010, 06:12:12 am »
I guess Vanessa isn't one to reply eh? Heh I love both Michelle and Vanessa. I read their tweets even though I refuse to sign up to Tweet. I'm already on Myspace and Facebook..

I'm on Myspace..don't like Facebook...its almost like an invasion of privacy how they own your photos...i feel like there is more privacy on Myspace and the music aspect of Myspace is 48483883 times better than Facebooks.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2010, 12:38:51 pm »
Yeah. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she has more chance of landing on Mars than she does of getting a reply from Vanessa on Twitter. But that was nice of Mrs Branch.

She could have sent a private tweet.  We don't know.

But your comment reminded me of a story in the newspaper about a guy who got excited about receiving a one word e-mail from Steve Jobs.  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/technology/25apple.html

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2010, 06:37:04 pm »
what a geek.....