Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 664011 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #390 on: March 01, 2011, 10:00:45 am »
Four months!!!! It's so close!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:24 am »
My heart just sunk. We finally know when we are going to get the album! I can't wait!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2011, 10:22:02 am »
So excited!! it seems so official! has anyone seen this? http://www.razorandtie.com/news/vanessa-carlton-signs-razor-tie

Vanessa Carlton Signs With Razor & Tie
March 1, 2011

VANESSA CARLTON SIGNS WITH RAZOR & TIE
New Album RABBITS ON THE RUN To Be Released on June 21st, 2011

Razor & Tie is excited to announce the signing of singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton. Her fourth studio album and first for Razor & Tie is set for release on June 21st, 2011. The album, titled Rabbits on the Run, was produced by Steve Osborne (U2, B-52's, KT Tunstall) and was recorded in the UK at Peter Gabriel's world-renowned Real World Studios.

"It's inspiring to be working with such a vibrant talent like Vanessa Carlton," said Beka Tischker, Razor & Tie's Vice President of A&R and Music Publishing. "Vanessa's latest album harkens back to the art of making records that take you on a journey, it's refreshing and something you don't hear a lot of today. The music showcases her depth as a composer, sensitivity as a lyricist, and her skills as a pianist. At Razor & Tie we pride ourselves with being a home that nurtures artists to grow and explore so that they can reach their full potential."

Vanessa Carlton's Rabbits on the Run is a 10-song set of gorgeous, haunting melodies and finely-crafted stories. The album was created in collaboration with Steve Osborne, Patrick Hallahan of My Morning Jacket, Ari Ingber of The Upwelling (all playing on the album), a two-inch tape machine, and a stone house in the English countryside. It was in part inspired by two books: Richard Adams' Watership Down and Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. Songs include the 70's-sun-drenched "Dear California," the lush "Carousel" and the bold "I Don't Want to Be a Bride." Rabbits on the Run is by far the most honest and uncompromised album she has recorded to date, revealing a striking departure and an exciting snapshot in the evolution of Vanessa Carlton.

Carlton explains, "It took me thirteen years to return to the vibe of my first cassette demo and ten years to muster the courage to go it alone and create something that is pure Arts and Crafts. It was written and arranged over two years, and put to tape." Watch Vanessa discuss the album HERE or www.vanessacarlton.com.

Three Grammy nominations, three studio albums, platinum sales and a collection of hit songs are some notable results of a fruitful career thus far for Vanessa Carlton. She first exploded onto the scene in 2002 with her stunning debut Be Not Nobody, and world-wide hit single "A Thousand Miles." Vanessa Carlton first began playing the piano as a toddler, continuing on an artistic road with her attendance at the School of American Ballet in New York, a path she would eventually abandon in favor of songwriting. While studying at Columbia University in New York City, Carlton was signed to Interscope Records and has since released three albums featuring songs such as "A Thousand Miles," "White Houses," and "Nolita Fairytale." Carlton's music has resonated with audiences of all ages world-wide and she continues to inspire an increasingly loyal fan base. Vanessa Carlton is managed by Career Artist Management (CAM).

Vanessa Carlton joins the leading independent label Razor & Tie and the diverse and acclaimed roster that includes such artists as Richard Ashcroft, Nicole Atkins, Angelique Kidjo, Dave Barnes, All That Remains, Norma Jean, Dweezil Zappa, Dar Williams, Chelsea Grin and The Summer Set. The New York City based label is one of the fastest growing independent record companies in the United States, and has garnered both Platinum sales and Grammy awards in its 20 year history.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:41:18 am by TRINIST »

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2011, 01:06:03 pm »
She just posted that tweet again!

and on FB as well so yeah :D

I am humbled to be able to say the following:

Artist: Vanessa Carlton
Album: Rabbits on the Run
Release Date: June 21
Label: Razor and Tie

You, Jessica __ , Andrew __, Ghis ____ and 871 others like this.

It should be a lot higher but still fantastic!!

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just logged on, saw this, and screamed with excitement!!!!!!  :D
We have a release date!! June 21st!!
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »
I had a feeling we would get more info today.  We have for the last 2 weeks, on either Monday or Tuesday.  I also knew because I would be sleeping and every time there is news, I am sleeping!
~Sara~

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2011, 01:50:05 pm »
I had a feeling we would get more info today.  We have for the last 2 weeks, on either Monday or Tuesday.  I also knew because I would be sleeping and every time there is news, I am sleeping!
We should just check for info every night, while you're sleeping  ;)

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2011, 01:52:55 pm »
We should just check for info every night, while you're sleeping  ;)

lol  I sleep during the day so I'm sure it will be easy enough for everyone to keep up except us night shift workers!
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: March 01, 2011, 04:05:34 pm »
Its 100% official now

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: March 01, 2011, 04:16:20 pm »
So excited! They made her sound great, too. <3

I just wish it was sooner!

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #400 on: March 01, 2011, 04:35:59 pm »
Vanessa just posted!

VanessaCarlton Vanessa Carlton   
something's happening at peaceloveandchocolate.com
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: March 01, 2011, 04:39:44 pm »
mmmmmm special chocolate for rabbits on the run.
formerly fish_for__stars.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: March 01, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »
You guys are ninja, I mean, this was posted a few minutes ago. Of course, when I as on the phone haha. Well, it sounds good! now I want some chocolate...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #403 on: March 01, 2011, 05:41:02 pm »
Chocolate short ribs and Carousel. Mmmmm.  ;D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »
I loved that performance!!!!!!!!! I almost cry when she hugged Stevie!

So happy  ;D
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this