Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 664334 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #615 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »
I like how she sounded so pure.

She's a musical genius. I love her.

musical, lyrical, magical, mystical GENIUS. that shit just comes from nowhere.
(excuse language)

Exactly! I mean, those lines are one of the most beautiful I've ever heard. And to know that it just came out of nowhere....

Amazing.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 23, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »
It's so cool that that moment was caught on tape, where she came up with those lyrics. Makes me appreciate them so much more.

Sarah xx

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:30 pm »
Actually the line "King under lavender skies" doesn't entirely surprise me because:

1. Don't know where, but I remember her saying that Stevie used to tell her to "Walk like a Queen...". This was from the H & T era.
2. This line is loosely evolved from Spring Streets, "We lived like Kings, like the days would never end".

My theory.

Actually her theory... To LIVE like Kings and Queens. It is seriously such a beautiful dogma... :D
If I were a King, I would be the King Theoden of Rohan.
I just find horses sexy. ;-)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 24, 2011, 05:30:27 am »
Actually the line "King under lavender skies" doesn't entirely surprise me because:

1. Don't know where, but I remember her saying that Stevie used to tell her to "Walk like a Queen...". This was from the H & T era.
2. This line is loosely evolved from Spring Streets, "We lived like Kings, like the days would never end".

My theory.

Actually her theory... To LIVE like Kings and Queens. It is seriously such a beautiful dogma... :D

This is what I've thought too before.

And we hold on to dreams, and live like kings, like the days would never end.

And about the color of the skies, which is lavender. I have no idea.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #619 on: May 24, 2011, 06:00:09 am »
Her daily tweet:

Alchemy? My roomie/dear friend frm School of American Ballet Janie Taylor. Find her at NYCB now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2MQ6XC044

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2011, 06:12:00 am »

My theory.

This is what I've thought too before.

And we hold on to dreams, and live like kings, like the days would never end.

And about the color of the skies, which is lavender. I have no idea.

Lavender or actually purple is the color of "Royalty" or it symbolizes it as far as I know.

But when I ventured forth to confirm this theory, I found out that in the 1950s it was a color used to represent Homosexuality... and it is actually a color used to represent femininity, grace and elegance.

Kinda like she means King but actually Queens but not a Queen but actually a King. Sorta like she DOESN'T WANNA BE A BRIDE.

But she does say "We" which could just mean Royalty.

(This is such an amazing topic but it's gonna be shadowed by the new tweet today. DANG!)

Myspace...Add me...

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2011, 06:21:42 am »
Her daily tweet:

Alchemy? My roomie/dear friend frm School of American Ballet Janie Taylor. Find her at NYCB now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2MQ6XC044
SO. MUCH. TO. DECIPHER.

She keeps using the word alchemy (which is super sexy btw) and I keep getting the Philospher's stone which actually first reminds me of Johnny Quest and then Harry Potter... weirdly.
But I guess she means something that helped her create GOLD (metaphorically obviously) from ordinary stuff.

Was she inspired by her friend's perfomances to write Dance Tonight (which I still hold may not be about a stripper... may just be about a ballet dancer ;-))

And also... Another epiphany! If she was her roomie... DO YOU KNOW WHO SHE IS????

"Jenny (Janie) screams out and it's no pose, cause when she dances she goes and goes"

She HAS to be one of the "FIVE" of us from White Houses yo!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:36:00 am by joey »

Myspace...Add me...

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: May 24, 2011, 08:18:54 am »
Her daily tweet:

SO. MUCH. TO. DECIPHER.

She keeps using the word alchemy (which is super sexy btw) and I keep getting the Philospher's stone which actually first reminds me of Johnny Quest and then Harry Potter... weirdly.
But I guess she means something that helped her create GOLD (metaphorically obviously) from ordinary stuff.

Was she inspired by her friend's perfomances to write Dance Tonight (which I still hold may not be about a stripper... may just be about a ballet dancer ;-))

And also... Another epiphany! If she was her roomie... DO YOU KNOW WHO SHE IS????

"Jenny (Janie) screams out and it's no pose, cause when she dances she goes and goes"

good connection.  My first thought on "dance tonight" was ballet because she is a ballet dancer!  I like your ideas on lavender!  you could always start another thread to discuss that.
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #623 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:07 am »
Her daily tweet:

SO. MUCH. TO. DECIPHER.

SMART!!!!!! It could be!

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2011, 10:17:39 am »
i dont think Janie is Jenny. She thanks Jenny in her album inserts
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 24, 2011, 11:13:46 am »

My theory.

also on Heroes & Thieves booklet there's a quote which is something like "this world is so full of a number of things, i'm sure we should all be happy as kings"

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2011, 11:30:37 am »
i dont think Janie is Jenny. She thanks Jenny in her album inserts

Uber ouch.

How did I not catch this?

My album insert thingy doesn't have anything... Where exactly is it?
(Unfortunately the only thing that gets my attention is where she thanks the "nessaholics" :P)

Myspace...Add me...

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2011, 12:16:11 pm »
I think it's in BNN and the Harmonium inserts.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »
Her daily tweet:

SO. MUCH. TO. DECIPHER.

SMART!!!!!! It could be!

Maybe....

And come to think of it, I am now wondering who are the 'five' from White Houses....

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »
Her daily tweet:

SO. MUCH. TO. DECIPHER.

SMART!!!!!! It could be!

Maybe....

And come to think of it, I am now wondering who are the 'five' from White Houses....

we should spam her with twitts until she answers!